d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > ~ Ceejay's Pvp Tele-bowa Zon Guide ~ > D2:R
Prev1373839404156Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,920.03
Aug 4 2022 07:16pm
Quote (Ateamer @ Aug 1 2022 12:55pm)
What your guys' ideal skill distribution be if you didn't want to use any poison? While it's obviously powerful/useful, it's pretty lame and just causes a bunch of people to not want to duel at all

If you max multi/ga/strafe for max bow side dmg, what would you do with the rest if you don't want psn/plague?

How important is maxing penetrate? I've got 22k AR/5k ga and strafe when maxing those 4, but that obviously doesn't leave a lot left for passives/jav side

I have the most trouble with good pals/sins for sure, any other class is usually fine.

Penetrate is nice because in teams everyone will have higher def from shout or exile defiance, not to mention you wanna be able to hit pallies and barbs with your multi. However, 1 pt is fine in penetrate. especially if you’re maxing strafe, you kinda have to only 1 pt it because now you need those last pts for crit/dodge avoid evade.

For me, its always maxing one or the other with these 3:

Plague javelin
Penetrate
Strafe
OR SIMPLY
Pump DAE

Depending on the style you want to play, skill accordingly. Keep in mind that without an alternative damage type, good necros will have their way with you. Strafe is pretty strong as well but useless vs good pallies.

Personally I rather build my char to be a lil stronger vs my weaknesses, even if it comes at the cost of not having as much of an advantage in my good matchups.

So like, I’ll give up AR, or dodges, crit%, if it means I can get a high plague damage that will come in handy vs the gg Smiters and gg necros / block necros.

But if I’m mostly team oriented, I’d rather have the AR cuz I’m mostly gonna be spamming multi shot.
Gold: 1,395.00
Aug 4 2022 07:22pm
Quote (ceejay3 @ Aug 4 2022 06:16pm)
Penetrate is nice because in teams everyone will have higher def from shout or exile defiance, not to mention you wanna be able to hit pallies and barbs with your multi. However, 1 pt is fine in penetrate. especially if you’re maxing strafe, you kinda have to only 1 pt it because now you need those last pts for crit/dodge avoid evade.

For me, its always maxing one or the other with these 3:

Plague javelin
Penetrate
Strafe
OR SIMPLY
Pump DAE

Depending on the style you want to play, skill accordingly. Keep in mind that without an alternative damage type, good necros will have their way with you. Strafe is pretty strong as well but useless vs good pallies.

Personally I rather build my char to be a lil stronger vs my weaknesses, even if it comes at the cost of not having as much of an advantage in my good matchups.

So like, I’ll give up AR, or dodges, crit%, if it means I can get a high plague damage that will come in handy vs the gg Smiters and gg necros / block necros.

But if I’m mostly team oriented, I’d rather have the AR cuz I’m mostly gonna be spamming multi shot.

Thanks for the advice, appreciated it.

I played with plague for a while, and it's powerful obviously, a lot of people just won't play vs. it so then duels dry up.

Problem with lf/lb is a lot of people just have max lr/sorb, so it becomes weak vs. a lot of people.

I know you do mostly organized/team duels so your dynamic is a lot different.
Aug 4 2022 07:28pm
Quote (Ateamer @ Aug 4 2022 09:22pm)
Thanks for the advice, appreciated it.

I played with plague for a while, and it's powerful obviously, a lot of people just won't play vs. it so then duels dry up.

Problem with lf/lb is a lot of people just have max lr/sorb, so it becomes weak vs. a lot of people.

I know you do mostly organized/team duels so your dynamic is a lot different.

Yeah I play in the DFC solo tournament tho too, so I usually token for those. Lightning fury and bolt are 1 pt skills that you use for certain purposes, and it doesn’t matter if they sorb these. Let me break it down:

Lightning fury takes your massive phys dmg and it’s great vs barbs and pallies, even druids.

For example vs a gg tele smiter, your best bet is walking off their stomps and throwing furies. Or plagues if you have it. The good ones will tele faster than you can, and kill you anyways. This is your worst matchup. So you wanna give yourself best odds here.

You mostly will use lightning bolt in conjunction with open wounds, like sword back hold. It naturally has some knockback, and it also always hits. So if you have 50% open wounds from sword back, your best bet to proc that is with something that always hits.

So say it’s a max block necro, or a hdin, you would throw light bolts when they’re close, arrows from distance. The open wounds will help trickle them down.

These are 1 pt wonders and super useful and them sorbing doesn’t reAlly benefit them or hurt you tbh
Aug 4 2022 07:38pm
Quote (ceejay3 @ Aug 4 2022 06:28pm)
Yeah I play in the DFC solo tournament tho too, so I usually token for those. Lightning fury and bolt are 1 pt skills that you use for certain purposes, and it doesn’t matter if they sorb these. Let me break it down:

Lightning fury takes your massive phys dmg and it’s great vs barbs and pallies, even druids.

For example vs a gg tele smiter, your best bet is walking off their stomps and throwing furies. Or plagues if you have it. The good ones will tele faster than you can, and kill you anyways. This is your worst matchup. So you wanna give yourself best odds here.

You mostly will use lightning bolt in conjunction with open wounds, like sword back hold. It naturally has some knockback, and it also always hits. So if you have 50% open wounds from sword back, your best bet to proc that is with something that always hits.

So say it’s a max block necro, or a hdin, you would throw light bolts when they’re close, arrows from distance. The open wounds will help trickle them down.

These are 1 pt wonders and super useful and them sorbing doesn’t reAlly benefit them or hurt you tbh

ok good advice, I have the ber'd upped swordback and ed/ias vamp ready for that swap so I will give it a try.

I actually respec'ed to a 99fcr pure dmg bow yesterday for fun to try and it's pretty great in some matchups...the bvc's can't catch me so easily and it works well vs. non-mb necs/druids too

What's your strat in 1v1 vs. good bvc? They just seem to insta namelock ww me every time, especially at 68fcr
Aug 4 2022 08:15pm
Quote (Ateamer @ Aug 4 2022 09:38pm)
ok good advice, I have the ber'd upped swordback and ed/ias vamp ready for that swap so I will give it a try.

I actually respec'ed to a 99fcr pure dmg bow yesterday for fun to try and it's pretty great in some matchups...the bvc's can't catch me so easily and it works well vs. non-mb necs/druids too

What's your strat in 1v1 vs. good bvc? They just seem to insta namelock ww me every time, especially at 68fcr

Vs good bvc just stay shield side, toggle walk and lightning fury them. Mix in teleports so they don’t get free ww’s but yeah the shield side is so underutilized even if the skills are 1pt they are strong
Gold: 56,279.00
Aug 4 2022 09:10pm
Quote (ceejay3 @ Aug 4 2022 07:15pm)
Vs good bvc just stay shield side, toggle walk and lightning fury them. Mix in teleports so they don’t get free ww’s but yeah the shield side is so underutilized even if the skills are 1pt they are strong

Ty as always for so many good tips!

And I've done walkzon pvp in ladder this season to learn the basics and wow it was mind blowing how tanky zons can get!! I actually love the matchup vs barbs pallies sins as a walkzon! So strong.

Walk and throwing fury is so good against barbs. I scored a eth rep pilum a few months ago with like 550 max dmg for her. Can't wait for Ladder to reset!! All the pvp gears waiting haha
Aug 4 2022 09:15pm
Quote (KimSulki84 @ Aug 4 2022 11:10pm)
Ty as always for so many good tips!

And I've done walkzon pvp in ladder this season to learn the basics and wow it was mind blowing how tanky zons can get!! I actually love the matchup vs barbs pallies sins as a walkzon! So strong.

Walk and throwing fury is so good against barbs. I scored a eth rep pilum a few months ago with like 550 max dmg for her. Can't wait for Ladder to reset!! All the pvp gears waiting haha

Yeah there’s some situations where tele really isn’t needed, and you could honestly even maybe work in a swap to wear fort in some of the matchups. But overall I think some people get so caught up in the name “telebowa” that they forget you don’t have to tele and you’re not always only using the bow.

Nice on the pilum! I’d kill for some god tier erep javs
Aug 4 2022 10:16pm
Quote (ceejay3 @ Aug 4 2022 08:15pm)
Yeah there’s some situations where tele really isn’t needed, and you could honestly even maybe work in a swap to wear fort in some of the matchups. But overall I think some people get so caught up in the name “telebowa” that they forget you don’t have to tele and you’re not always only using the bow.

Nice on the pilum! I’d kill for some god tier erep javs

Yea I was going to ask if there are any matchuos where you prefer throwing fort on.

Though this just adds to my #1 complaint with this char, all the optimization swapping/cube enchant/bo
Gold: 226.00
Aug 5 2022 01:29am
Would u ever swap highlords for cats eye if doing walks vs bvc/telesmite?

(I seldom switch to my fcr ammy, usually highlords on always)
Aug 5 2022 01:44am
Quote (Ateamer @ Aug 5 2022 12:16am)
Yea I was going to ask if there are any matchuos where you prefer throwing fort on.

Though this just adds to my #1 complaint with this char, all the optimization swapping/cube enchant/bo

That’s zon in general lol
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1373839404156Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll