d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > The Compound Room > Videos, Discussion, Etc.
Prev1643644645646647696Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 20 2018 05:06am
Quote (cloudkicker @ Mar 20 2018 02:58am)
when did i claim to be a doctor? im not even claiming to be licensed as allied health. im not even shitting on yall, youre deluded. im discussing hard truths about the vain/superficial aspects of the sport of powerlifting and giving pete actual advice about how the human body functions and how to perform better in his sport

That’s why I said pseudo 😐..

I’m far from deluded, I just don’t shit on other sports. I have a shit load of respect for weight lifting.. But I also have a shit load of respect for someone who walks away with a 2000 total or pulls 900 beltless etc.. It’s all good to watch.

Gold: 2,407.00
Mar 20 2018 06:00am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Mar 20 2018 06:06am)

I’m far from deluded, I just don’t shit on other sports. I have a shit load of respect for weight lifting.. But I also have a shit load of respect for someone who walks away with a 2000 total or pulls 900 beltless etc.. It’s all good to watch.

What about darts?
Gold: 11.58
Mar 20 2018 06:35am
Quote (Pete1028 @ Mar 19 2018 11:28pm)
Your advice is interesting, but it's your delivery. You speak as though there's only one way and you know this way based off your education; well based off of my personal experience (14 years of working out, 10 years of playing football, 3 years of wresting, 1 year of jujitsu and that one time i was on a soccer team when i was 12) crossing my arms for a front squat is the most effective way for me to front squat.

If you ever have kids i'd bet Dr. Phil has some great literature for you, he has all the fame, prestige, and education for you to learn from.

you're a booksmart cuck

i still kinda like you though ;)

but its not and ive already explained to you why it isnt. youre just refusing to accept my scientific contradiction of your perceived reality.

Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Mar 20 2018 07:06am)

a lot of weightlifters are just as bad as powerlifters. its the simple fact that people in all strength sports choose ineffective movement patterns to train with and then reinforce their ideas with "research" theyve done on social media of the giants in their sport. if you actually read my posts im taking jabs at the poor technique and outrageous mechanical advantages that people get in powerlifting just to get a higher number. im not shitting on the sport of powerlifting, just certain ridiculous practices within it. just like i would shit on ridiculous practices in weightlifting/crossfit, cause theyre fucking dumb and increase injury rates. a lot of you are trying to read between the lines when i make myself explicitly clear with my text

This post was edited by cloudkicker on Mar 20 2018 06:43am
Mar 20 2018 06:43am
Quote (cloudkicker @ Mar 20 2018 12:35pm)
but its not and ive already explained to you why it isnt. youre just refusing to accept my scientific contradiction of your perceived reality.

That powerlifters use biomechanical advantages to lift more weight? Do you have any idea how a successful powerlifter actually trains?

The guy that placed 4th at USPA nationals does probably close to 5 different variations of squat form, and the majority of the time he is high bar..
He also is an accomplished oly lifter who trains with his wife who was invited to the crossfit games

I have this feeling that your idea of what a powerlifter does during training is grunt and lift heavy shit up with terrible form.. Not the case lol.
Mar 20 2018 06:47am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Mar 20 2018 08:43am)
That powerlifters use biomechanical advantages to lift more weight? Do you have any idea how a successful powerlifter actually trains?

The guy that placed 4th at USPA nationals does probably close to 5 different variations of squat form, and the majority of the time he is high bar..
He also is an accomplished oly lifter who trains with his wife who was invited to the crossfit games

I have this feeling that your idea of what a powerlifter does during training is grunt and lift heavy shit up with terrible form.. Not the case lol.

i do actually because i know a few nationally ranked (albeit relatively junior) powerlifters in my country. this is why ive suggested that yall not train with low bar/sumo/huge arch movement patterns all of the time. they are peak performance tools to win comps. my criticisms of powerlifting as a whole are limited to the social media idiots who pretend to be scientists and promote poor technique in those trying to learn the sport.

e: every single day at my gym i see at least 30 kids wearing inzer belts, chucks and dumb knee wrap garbage just reefing deadlifts off the ground in the most awful sumo technique youve ever seen and just let the bar fall out of their hands. its that kind of stupid mentality thats promoted by the hype men of powerlifting. their training isnt very effective and they are just screaming for injury

This post was edited by cloudkicker on Mar 20 2018 06:50am
Mar 20 2018 07:07am
Quote (cloudkicker @ Mar 20 2018 12:47pm)
i do actually because i know a few nationally ranked (albeit relatively junior) powerlifters in my country. this is why ive suggested that yall not train with low bar/sumo/huge arch movement patterns all of the time. they are peak performance tools to win comps. my criticisms of powerlifting as a whole are limited to the social media idiots who pretend to be scientists and promote poor technique in those trying to learn the sport.

e: every single day at my gym i see at least 30 kids wearing inzer belts, chucks and dumb knee wrap garbage just reefing deadlifts off the ground in the most awful sumo technique youve ever seen and just let the bar fall out of their hands. its that kind of stupid mentality thats promoted by the hype men of powerlifting. their training isnt very effective and they are just screaming for injury

A small pack of gym rats don't take up an entire sport. If someone actually lifts following a real program, its not about chucks and wraps and maxing out daily, most the guys I train with don't lift more than 80% unless they're prepping for a meet.. A few of them fuck with conjugate method, and quite a few do JTS.. All of them compete at regional and national levels.

We have a few bros that come in and bang out 455 deads every day and don't grow at all as a lifter, we also have the douche dicks that wrap their knees and slap their belt on while squatting 275 for sets of 5.. And we also have faggots that bench 405 for singles every other day, and in between they are glued on the elliptical..

But than we have the guys that actually compete that follow a strict lifting program and don't fall off of it at all.

But powerlifters in general aren't gym rat kids that don't know what they fuck they're doing, I've never seen a legit powerlifter ego lifting "just because its heavy to you and impressive doesn't mean its ego lifting :rofl: ", they come in and they know what needs to be done.

Mar 20 2018 07:19am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Mar 20 2018 09:07am)
A small pack of gym rats don't take up an entire sport. If someone actually lifts following a real program, its not about chucks and wraps and maxing out daily, most the guys I train with don't lift more than 80% unless they're prepping for a meet.. A few of them fuck with conjugate method, and quite a few do JTS.. All of them compete at regional and national levels.

We have a few bros that come in and bang out 455 deads every day and don't grow at all as a lifter, we also have the douche dicks that wrap their knees and slap their belt on while squatting 275 for sets of 5.. And we also have faggots that bench 405 for singles every other day, and in between they are glued on the elliptical..

But than we have the guys that actually compete that follow a strict lifting program and don't fall off of it at all.

But powerlifters in general aren't gym rat kids that don't know what they fuck they're doing, I've never seen a legit powerlifter ego lifting "just because its heavy to you and impressive doesn't mean its ego lifting :rofl: ", they come in and they know what needs to be done.

which is why ive never actually taken shots at powerlifting as a whole, you and lad are just interpreting it that way. powerlifting is a great sport when done properly. i dislike people who do anything improperly so i dont know why youre specifically offended over this one thing
Mar 20 2018 07:26am
Quote (cloudkicker @ Mar 19 2018 12:37am)
but powerlifters are shit at lifting, why would you copy them

huh...

I'm not here to start a fight.. Just trying to defend the sport, lol.

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on Mar 20 2018 07:42am
Mar 20 2018 10:51am
Quote (cloudkicker @ Mar 20 2018 08:47am)

Seems extremely beta to be mad @ what amateurs are doing but thats just me

Why not help them or stop looking if it bothers you do much.
Gold: 2,945.50
Mar 20 2018 01:33pm
Quote (cloudkicker @ 20 Mar 2018 14:47)

One of my friends is one of the national coaches here in Sweden (powerlifting) and I train and have trained with a lot of people who have both european and world records.
I can assure you that they prioritize their training around the same technique that they compete with. They are of course doing variations aswell but they obviously don't benefit as much.

The front squat thingy is also variating from person to person. Look at Dan Green for example who came from weightlifting to powerlifting but is now doing cross armed.
The ''proper'' front rack is only necessary for actual weight lifters.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1643644645646647696Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll