d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > The Compound Room > Videos, Discussion, Etc.
Prev1642643644645646696Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.19
Mar 18 2018 06:20pm
Quote (Excusemem8 @ Mar 16 2018 10:48am)
Don’t change i it, there’s no point. Cloudcucker is an actual moron

the more i thought about changing it, the more i felt that way

the only way i ever see powerlifters do front squats is that way, so it would be hard for me to think its "wrong"

Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Mar 16 2018 10:10pm)
I’m most impressed with the shirt.

Just saying 👍👍

LOL

it was only because it was at the beginning of my workout, i start every lift wearing a sweatshirt or some long sleeve and progressively strip

Quote (cloudkicker @ Mar 17 2018 07:38am)
the real front rack position is far more stable than your front squat position is. your shoulder (GH) joint is held together by a set of 3 ligaments that attach the humerus to the scapula and when you externally rotate the arm (as in a proper front rack) those ligaments corkscrew, pulling the humeral head into maximum congruency with the glenoid fossa of the scap. this approximation of max congruency eliminates sliding and gliding motion at the joint (which contributes to impinging motion in some cases) and in combination with rotational motion and weight can sometimes lead to labral tear. the most stable position of the shoulder in flexion is to be externally rotated and by crossing your arms like that youre not only internally rotating and destabilizing the GH joint but youre also protracting the scapulae, putting upper back into a compromised position to maintain scapular position, thoracic spine position, and youre pushing CG further away from you which can make you more prone to tipping forward in the front squat. by far your strongest position would be to learn a proper front rack. it takes maybe 2 front squat sessions to get over the wrist stretching sensations

idk how i could argue this though :rofl:

i always keep an open mind bro's

i might just give this a shot, but i think my mobility is pretty terrible, what are the fkin odds i hurt myself trying to get my hands back to that position lol

This post was edited by Pete1028 on Mar 18 2018 06:37pm
Gold: 11.58
Mar 18 2018 06:37pm
Quote (Pete1028 @ Mar 18 2018 08:20pm)
the more i thought about changing it, the more i felt that way

the only way i ever see powerlifters do front squats is that way, so it would be hard for me to think its "wrong"

LOL

it was only because it was at the beginning of my workout, i start every lift wearing a sweatshirt or some long sleeve and progressively strip

but powerlifters are shit at lifting, why would you copy them
Mar 18 2018 06:39pm
Quote (cloudkicker @ Mar 18 2018 07:37pm)
but powerlifters are shit at lifting, why would you copy them

brash generalization there dood

how the hell can you even say powerlifters are shit at lifting -_-

do you care to elaborate?
Mar 18 2018 06:51pm
Quote (Pete1028 @ Mar 18 2018 08:39pm)
brash generalization there dood

how the hell can you even say powerlifters are shit at lifting -_-

do you care to elaborate?

interesting that you choose powerlifters as the model for front squats when its not a powerlifting movement. they already cant back squat but they especially cant front squat properly. if you want to learn how to front squat go look at any weightlifter in the world, none of them do that gay arms crossed shit
Mar 18 2018 08:34pm
Quote (cloudkicker @ Mar 18 2018 07:51pm)
interesting that you choose powerlifters as the model for front squats when its not a powerlifting movement. they already cant back squat but they especially cant front squat properly. if you want to learn how to front squat go look at any weightlifter in the world, none of them do that gay arms crossed shit

so you're a weightlifting enthusiast elitist crusading the internet correcting sloppy powerlifters everywhere

thanks
Mar 19 2018 05:47am
Quote (Pete1028 @ Mar 18 2018 10:34pm)
so you're a weightlifting enthusiast elitist crusading the internet correcting sloppy powerlifters everywhere

thanks

no im an unregistered kinesiologist, with an above average understanding of how the body functions, that enjoys analyzing technical, powerful and correct movement patterns crusading health and fitness trolling ladsy and his friends because they refuse to believe that powerlifting "style" movements are just mechanically advantageous adjustments on real movements for the purposes of getting high competition numbers.

Quote (Pete1028 @ Mar 18 2018 08:20pm)
idk how i could argue this though :rofl:

i always keep an open mind bro's

i might just give this a shot, but i think my mobility is pretty terrible, what are the fkin odds i hurt myself trying to get my hands back to that position lol

well pretty good if you just try to rip out 405 or some garbage first squat. you wont be able to load much at first as you get used to the position and the stretch on your wrist flexors. you need to do warmup sets of the bar to 135 for a while to get the range down. then progressing up to 2-3 plates you need to figure out the nuances of holding a front rack in a stable position. then you can start doing working sets with it. if you just try to go straight into the working sets you will lack flexibility and strength in the upper body and youll likely drop 405 on your knees

This post was edited by cloudkicker on Mar 19 2018 05:50am
Gold: 0.00
Mar 19 2018 07:11am
Quote (cloudkicker @ Mar 19 2018 11:47am)
no im an unregistered kinesiologist, with an above average understanding of how the body functions, that enjoys analyzing technical, powerful and correct movement patterns crusading health and fitness trolling ladsy and his friends because they refuse to believe that powerlifting "style" movements are just mechanically advantageous adjustments on real movements for the purposes of getting high competition numbers.

well pretty good if you just try to rip out 405 or some garbage first squat. you wont be able to load much at first as you get used to the position and the stretch on your wrist flexors. you need to do warmup sets of the bar to 135 for a while to get the range down. then progressing up to 2-3 plates you need to figure out the nuances of holding a front rack in a stable position. then you can start doing working sets with it. if you just try to go straight into the working sets you will lack flexibility and strength in the upper body and youll likely drop 405 on your knees

A pseudo doctor that shits on people’s hobbies/passions.

ShhhhhhhHHhHH
Mar 19 2018 08:58pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Mar 19 2018 09:11am)
A pseudo doctor that shits on people’s hobbies/passions.

ShhhhhhhHHhHH

when did i claim to be a doctor? im not even claiming to be licensed as allied health. im not even shitting on yall, youre deluded. im discussing hard truths about the vain/superficial aspects of the sport of powerlifting and giving pete actual advice about how the human body functions and how to perform better in his sport
Mar 19 2018 09:28pm
Quote (cloudkicker @ Mar 19 2018 09:58pm)
when did i claim to be a doctor? im not even claiming to be licensed as allied health. im not even shitting on yall, youre deluded. im discussing hard truths about the vain/superficial aspects of the sport of powerlifting and giving pete actual advice about how the human body functions and how to perform better in his sport

Your advice is interesting, but it's your delivery. You speak as though there's only one way and you know this way based off your education; well based off of my personal experience (14 years of working out, 10 years of playing football, 3 years of wresting, 1 year of jujitsu and that one time i was on a soccer team when i was 12) crossing my arms for a front squat is the most effective way for me to front squat.

If you ever have kids i'd bet Dr. Phil has some great literature for you, he has all the fame, prestige, and education for you to learn from.

you're a booksmart cuck

i still kinda like you though ;)
Gold: 361.00
Mar 19 2018 10:53pm
It’s lightman lol
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1642643644645646696Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll