d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev16406416426436442039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 18 2011 05:06pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 17 2011 10:32pm)
No. FWB brings you to total muscular exhaustion to the point where you actually end up burning more muscle rather than fat. You want to PRESERVE muscle as much as possible on a cut. The overall goal of a cut isn't just pure calorie burning...if it was, everyone would simply starve themselves and do cardio.

The proper way to cut involves enough weight training to keep the muscles strong, calorie burning high, but ALSO preserve the muscle mass you already have while also cutting down fat.

It's a very delicate process best done in keto with equal amounts of cardio to weight training and making sure you do not OVERTRAIN.

ok well here are my goals in order from highest to lowest.

1 : increase cardiovasuclar endurance
2 : lose weight, tone , and have a strong core
3 : strengthen overall body

primarily things that will benefit someone trying to get into boxing, now what would happen if i tried to do a 3 x fbw while doing cardio 5 days of the week in HIIT form (mainly circuits), is that possible ? perhaps i mislead you with my previous goals. what i wish to do is to is get into shape and look nice, but at the same time overall strengthen my body and increase my cardio through means other then running , ones that can lead up to being able to run for long distances and fast blah blah.. Now if FBW with cardio and diet will work, just not as fast as if i were too "cut" that is fine as long as i see results. Also, can you reccomend some thing sthat will increase bone strength, aside from dairy products?
Gold: 176.00
Jan 18 2011 05:35pm
Hey man
I'm starting to workout
What are some things that you personally would reccomend?
Diet/weights/drills
I'm 14
6'2
and I weigh 220(Too much fat)
I'm not obese.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 18 2011 10:24pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Jan 18 2011 04:47pm)
so the best way to eat veggies is raw with dip or ranch?

btw, does this look good? http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=51488293&f=60

Yes, raw is preferred.

secondly, good meal!
Jan 18 2011 10:29pm
Quote (spfraiders1 @ Jan 18 2011 05:57pm)
My moms an ER nurse, and she's legitimately telling me I'm not ordering any more creatine because some guy she treated had a seizure from it apparently? She's trying to say he had one, stopped taking creatine, took it again and had another one. Any advice on this stupid shit?

It's total BS.

Creatine has absolutely NO impact on him having a siezure...it has to do with whatever ELSE he was doing at the time.

Here is the most likely analogy:

1. When he was not taking creatine he was not working out (or at least as frequently)
2. When he was taking creatine he was probably workout out regularly (or at least MORE frequently)

As a result, the increase of exercise can DEFINITELY increase the risk of a siezure in epileptics, especially when they do not take medicine.

Creatine physically can NOT cause a seizure. However there have been reported cases of people with too LOW of a creatine level having seizures.

I would honestly not worry one bit about this.
Jan 18 2011 10:30pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Jan 18 2011 07:06pm)
ok well here are my goals in order from highest to lowest.

1 : increase cardiovasuclar endurance
2 : lose weight, tone , and have a strong core
3 : strengthen overall body

primarily things that will benefit someone trying to get into boxing, now what would happen if i tried to do a 3 x fbw while doing cardio 5 days of the week in HIIT form (mainly circuits), is that possible ? perhaps i mislead you with my previous goals. what i wish to do is to is get into shape and look nice, but at the same time overall strengthen my body and increase my cardio through means other then running , ones that can lead up to being able to run for long distances and fast blah blah.. Now if FBW with cardio and diet will work, just not as fast as if i were too "cut" that is fine as long as i see results. Also, can you reccomend some thing sthat will increase bone strength, aside from dairy products?

OK well in that case, I still advise against the FWB.

I would do it like this

Day 1 - upper
Day 2 - lower
Day 3 - cardio only
Day 4 - upper
Day 5 - lower
Day 6 - cardio only
Day 7 - OFF

edit:

for increasing your bone density besides calcium, the best method is to actively use those bones. Many martial artists use wooden dummies to punch/kick to cause splits to the bones. These eventually heal and calcify stronger than they were before. This method is painful and time taking, but also HIGHLY effective for fighters of all varieties.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jan 18 2011 10:31pm
Jan 18 2011 10:32pm
Gold: 752.10
Jan 19 2011 12:27am
Thanks for doing this raynor, I have a question about P90X.

My roomate has the DVD set and I am planning on starting it with him next Monday. My question is how effective are the supplements and program, as a chem-e/chem major I am skeptical of the supplements and think it is more of a placebo effect than anything.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 19 2011 12:39am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jan 18 2011 09:30pm)
OK well in that case, I still advise against the FWB.

I would do it like this

Day 1 - upper
Day 2 - lower
Day 3 - cardio only
Day 4 - upper
Day 5 - lower
Day 6 - cardio only
Day 7 - OFF

edit:

for increasing your bone density besides calcium, the best method is to actively use those bones. Many martial artists use wooden dummies to punch/kick to cause splits to the bones. These eventually heal and calcify stronger than they were before. This method is painful and time taking, but also HIGHLY effective for fighters of all varieties.

thanks, i have another question how bad is it if i under eat and exercise quite a bit ?

here is what i did, i did eat 3 meals , eggs oatmeal, tuna veggies 1 slice whole wheat bread, salmon veggies. and then i did cardio circuit, walked alot maybe for 2-3 hours , and am about to eat a large sandwhich right now at 10 40 pm, last meal i ate was about 6pm , so how bad is it if i under eat on my body after being active ? and will it effect me negatively if i eat a sandwhich before bed or will my exercise > that ?
Gold: 75.00
Jan 19 2011 02:05am
Hey raynor, so i found out that i dont have time to have 6 meals a day, but 5 meals is doable

meal 1: 4 hardboiled eggs, 1/2 cup of brown rice, banana, black berries
meal 2: 1 cup of brown rice, 5 eggs fried in olive oil, 3 slices of ham, jalapenos, 3 cups of whole milk
meal 3: chicken breast /w onions fried in olive oil, a plate of spinach /w ranch, 3 cups of whole milk
meal 4: 5 egg omelete /w mushrooms, tomatoes, green peppers everything fried in olive oil, 3 cups of whole milk
meal 5: 3 cups of whole milk /w whey, some mixed nuts, peanut butter

would this be enough for 3k - 3.5k calories?

is this a good bulking diet to minimize fat gain but maximize muscle gain? (i'm 150 - 155 pounds, 5' 8'')

is that too many eggs in one day?

also: i want to hardboil and peel about 25 - 30 eggs this weekend, and marinate them in olive oil and vinegar, that way i can just grab 4x every morning to eat without too much hassle, do you think its a good idea to marinate them in vinegar?

This post was edited by MegaVovaN on Jan 19 2011 02:13am
Jan 19 2011 04:27am
Quote (nobrow @ Jan 19 2011 02:27am)
Thanks for doing this raynor, I have a question about P90X.

My roomate has the DVD set and I am planning on starting it with him next Monday. My question is how effective are the supplements and program, as a chem-e/chem major I am skeptical of the supplements and think it is more of a placebo effect than anything.

Hey there.

the P90x supplements are total BS. Don't waste your time and money.

The P90x program itself is okay...but nothing compared to a good weight training plan with cardio and so forth.

If you are using the P90x out of preference and convenience etc - it is fine for what it does.

The included meal plan is also so-so. Overall the P90x when followed 100% of the way through is just a basic run of the mill diet and exercise plan which will yield you standard fat losses as you would expect from many other like-plans.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev16406416426436442039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll