d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Philadelphia Flyers Fan Thread > Go Flyers
Prev1310311312313314340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 536.00
Jan 19 2022 01:21pm
Quote (jackzors @ Jan 18 2022 10:48pm)
What are your sources? Have not heard any of this
E/ giroux story is what i mean
9 in a row i believe

And yes, hurts to be a fan is an understatement.

to answer your G question it was a new article quoting the same stuff we have been hearing from freeman.

this is new? i think?
https://www.tsn.ca/insider-trading-edmonton-oilers-leon-draisatl-covid-testing-philadelphia-flyers-claude-giroux-1.1747491

Jan 19 2022 01:30pm
win or lose ill love the fly guys,

it was nice to see the effort.

What i really enjoy is listening to the radio broadcast.
those 2 (whos names i can not remember for the life of me) are honest brutal and speak it and i think they have had a good pulse on the team and what needs to be done. and i agree with them a lot haha.

at this point yes its hard because of mans games lost due to not just covid but injury and with loosing ellis like we did how we did amongst others is showing itself.
it could be worse and tbh i dont know what will happen with this season... you could see another team put $23mil worth of funds on the ice (look that up if you dont know... habs on ice roster equaled $23 mil one night) so the chances are there. what i think they need more then anything and maybe it is going to have to be time...
i think they need to take a breath. not even make moves or shake the tree.
take a step back take a breath and see what you have got and what you can do with it. use what you have now to do the best you can and make the chances when youre not under pressure.

but i also dont get paid the big bucks LOLOL.

Glad i found this discussion, hope i am contributing and hope i can stay :)
Gold: 10,995.01
Jan 21 2022 11:34am
John Clark@JClarkNBCS
Flyers are the first team in NHL history with
2 losing streaks of 10+ games in first 40 games of a season

Pierre LeBrun@PierreVLeBrun
Not that it will make Flyers fans feel better, but the 10-game slide (0-7-3) is officially recorded by the NHL as a ``winless'' streak not a ``losing'' streak because of the 3 points earned.
Flyers' record losing streak is 9 games in 2006; record winless streak is 12 games in '99

at least were not on a 10 game losing streak only winless streak

honestly though the teams played hard and looked pretty decent last couple games just havnt been able to score and the PP still blows
but i do like that yeo swapped yandle with york we are giving up a lot less SHG at least so if the pp doesnt score were not going -1 :rofl:
really think if we were healthy we would be winning a lot more games they started out strong when we had ellis in the line up and risto has been a solid pick up but injuries and covid have shit on this roster
allisons been hurt for a while he just got back too hes playing in the ahl with 4 points in 7 games and i think hes got a goal in 3 straight games or 3/4 he should be called back up pretty soon and is a good energy player that can score

also looks like giroux is hurt now at the end of the game yesterday i think he got slashed he was bent over holding his hand/wrist with his glove off and wincing
yahoo has giroux as DTD atm so im assuming it has something to do with that

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jan 21 2022 11:48am
Jan 21 2022 01:35pm
lmao it just keeps getting worse
Philadelphia Flyers@NHLFlyers
Injury Update: We have placed forwards Kevin Hayes and Joel Farabee on IR. Farabee is expected to miss up to four weeks with an upper body injury.

We have recalled forwards Wade Allison and Jackson Cates to the Taxi Squad from the @LVPhantoms (AHL).

at least allison got called up but now farabee is out too :wallbash:

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jan 21 2022 01:36pm
Jan 24 2022 09:55am
allison torn mcl :( we just cant catch a break lol he was one of our better looking players out there too which was expected

🗣 LAST CALL!

We've just released 200 $25 #DALvsPHI tickets to the Assembly Room. Join us as for a 7PM tilt at
@WellsFargoCtr
. #BringItToBroad

lol ticket sales must be super bad nobody wants to pay to watch this
like the one reply tweet says " this should include 4 beers to make it watchable"

"you could pay me $25 to watch the game and i still wouldnt go"

lol its bad

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jan 24 2022 09:58am
Jan 24 2022 11:26am
Quote (dragoneth @ Jan 24 2022 09:55am)
allison torn mcl :( we just cant catch a break lol he was one of our better looking players out there too which was expected

🗣 LAST CALL!

We've just released 200 $25 #DALvsPHI tickets to the Assembly Room. Join us as for a 7PM tilt at
@WellsFargoCtr
. #BringItToBroad

lol ticket sales must be super bad nobody wants to pay to watch this
like the one reply tweet says " this should include 4 beers to make it watchable"

"you could pay me $25 to watch the game and i still wouldnt go"

lol its bad

on the plus side.... lovely yandel will tie the ironman record tonight...
i guess thats one positive? maybe? to look at? lolol
Jan 24 2022 05:34pm
Quote (Toshibitza @ Jan 24 2022 12:26pm)
on the plus side.... lovely yandel will tie the ironman record tonight...
i guess thats one positive? maybe? to look at? lolol

as cool as that is for him hes been super bad and doesnt really deserve it tbh if it wasnt for that streak he probably woulda got scratched long ago imo
and due to that streak hes probably going to keep on playing because even if he ties/passes it kessel is right behind him if we scratch him and break it kessel can pass them both by the end of this season iirc
kinda hoping we move him at the deadline waste of space when we got young guys we could be testing out in a throw away season like this

york could have came up sooner i keep hearing zamula zamula zamula lets fucking see him give him some games
rumours oilers could be interested in jones too so lets trade him and use sandstrom as the #2 he looked capable in the limited action hes had and apparently been really good in the ahl and he was pretty good in the SHL give him a shot to show what hes got

we got young guys that are supposed to be knocking on the door and it feels like you got old guys like yandle trying to hold the door closed like NO MY STREAK ITS MY SPOT GET AWAY

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jan 24 2022 05:46pm
Gold: 6,062.79
Jan 24 2022 09:22pm
This team is unwatchable. Hate to say but its true. The talent just isnt there. we have nobody outside of atkinson and giroux. And only a matter of time before the franchise cornerstone is shipped off to better things and probably a cup.(hopefully for him)

3 guys with 20+ points is pathetic
-35 goals/goals against difference,
28th in scoring, no wonder theyve lost 12 in a row.
2.5 goals a game lol

talk to you guys when this team is actually worth following.
Jan 24 2022 09:46pm
Quote (jackzors @ Jan 24 2022 10:22pm)
This team is unwatchable. Hate to say but its true. The talent just isnt there. we have nobody outside of atkinson and giroux. And only a matter of time before the franchise cornerstone is shipped off to better things and probably a cup.(hopefully for him)

3 guys with 20+ points is pathetic
-35 goals/goals against difference,
28th in scoring, no wonder theyve lost 12 in a row.
2.5 goals a game lol

talk to you guys when this team is actually worth following.

i wouldnt say they are the only 2 with talent couts and farabee are good players allison when hes not hurt looks like a really good player hayes when healthy is pretty good konecny is kinda 50/50 idk lol
provorov is good but he never has a good d partner really ristolainen has been good ellis should be good when healthy
hart obviously has talent

like yeah this teams kinda hard to watch with 12 guys out and zero due to covid were just straight up getting rekt by injuries
and its not all depth guys out couts #1c hayes #2c ellis #1 d farabee top 6 W allison middle 6 wing brassard middle 6 guy

then we had half the team out with covid on top of all these injuries like we havnt even gotten to ice the fuckin roster we have for most of the season and when we did we were winning and holding our own vs top teams
the teams 13-21-8 and we have had 2 10+ game losing streaks we had a pretty respectable record until injuries started to hit

if we can keep giroux+risto and stay fairly healthy for majority of the season i think were a playoff team or at least fighting for a wild card
would be optimal if we could trade jvr and use his cap space on some good depth players and not fuck with guys like yandle and make it so you have earn your roster spot by play

i wonder if having a guy like yandle is what kills this teams mood too hes clearly the worst d man we have on the roster any given night but hes going to be in every game no matter what unless hes hurt thats got to suck to know
guy can have 10 give aways be the reason we get a SHG and like 5 goals the night before and the dudes going to be playing while better players are not thats fucked up it doesnt belong on a team trying to win

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jan 24 2022 10:12pm
Gold: 6,062.79
Jan 24 2022 10:18pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jan 24 2022 10:46pm)
i wouldnt say they are the only 2 with talent couts and farabee are good players allison when hes not hurt looks like a really good player hayes when healthy is pretty good
provorov is good but he never has a good d partner really ristolainen has been good ellis should be good when healthy
hart obviously has talent

like yeah this teams kinda hard to watch with 12 guys out and zero due to covid were just straight up getting rekt by injuries
and its not all depth guys out couts #1c hayes #2c ellis #1 d farabee top 6 W allison middle 6 wing brassard middle 6 guy

then we had half the team out with covid on top of all these injuries like we havnt even gotten to ice the fuckin roster we have for most of the season and when we did we were winning and holding our own vs top teams
the teams 13-21-8 and we have had 2 10+ game losing streaks we had a pretty respectable record until injuries started to hit

if we can keep giroux+risto and stay fairly healthy for majority of the season i think were a playoff team or at least fighting for a wild card
would be optimal if we could trade jvr and use his cap space on some good depth players and not fuck with guys like yandle and make it so you have earn your roster spot by play

Your optimism is admirable, but bro this team is not even close to a playoff team.
34 points, sitting at the bottom of the metro division, 2 10+ game losing streaks, this team stinks. If they make it i will GLADLY pound sand and eat my words, but i just do not see it happening.

Coots is good but hes always banged up though. his last real
Productive year health/stat wise was years ago. hayes as much as a fan fav and good dude he isnt worth what we are paying him. Another one banged up.
Farabee has been a bright spot and allison didnt even get a full game under his belt.
Defense has been a joke, the fact they were so quick to dump ghost meanwhile on the lousy yotes he already has 25 points. 9
More then our best dman. Granted havent watched his actual gameplay so i cant tell you how his defense is, but from a point perspectives hes already 5 away from last years total with us.
Hart can only do so much, his play is a direct result of whats happening in front of him. Hes great, but until we get better we may not get to appreciate it
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1310311312313314340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll