d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Philadelphia Flyers Fan Thread > Go Flyers
Prev1311312313314315340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,062.79
Jan 24 2022 10:36pm
Wait im sorry, fried, ghost has already eclipsed his season total of 20 from last year lol. Dont ask what or how i read that before 😂😂😂
Gold: 10,995.01
Jan 24 2022 10:48pm
Quote (jackzors @ Jan 24 2022 11:18pm)
Your optimism is admirable, but bro this team is not even close to a playoff team.
34 points, sitting at the bottom of the metro division, 2 10+ game losing streaks, this team stinks. If they make it i will GLADLY pound sand and eat my words, but i just do not see it happening.

Coots is good but hes always banged up though. his last real
Productive year health/stat wise was years ago. hayes as much as a fan fav and good dude he isnt worth what we are paying him. Another one banged up.
Farabee has been a bright spot and allison didnt even get a full game under his belt.
Defense has been a joke, the fact they were so quick to dump ghost meanwhile on the lousy yotes he already has 25 points. 9
More then our best dman. Granted havent watched his actual gameplay so i cant tell you how his defense is, but from a point perspectives hes already 5 away from last years total with us.
Hart can only do so much, his play is a direct result of whats happening in front of him. Hes great, but until we get better we may not get to appreciate it

well not this season i meant if we keep them beyond this season this seasons done lol we would have to go like 30-5 to even have a chance lets get a good pick hopefully keep giroux+risto give guys the time to recover and bounce back next season healthy as fuck
and "this team stinks" is a bit rough we havnt even really seen "this team" the team we have had to ice due to injuries stinks sure that happens when your missing the kind of players we are
what are you talking about couts his last productive year was years ago last season he had 41p in 45gp(.91ppg) season before that was 59 in 69(.86ppg) thats not far off from the back to back 76 pts in 80 and 82 gp(.92/.95ppg)
and i watched ghost in a couple games his play wasnt very good he just gets 22 mins a night leads the team in pp time same old ghost shit more toi because they have worse d then philly
and yeah defense has been a joke its basically where it was when we were like "we need to fill that hole" and got ellis to do so but hes not there i do think risto is an improvement over myers so hopefully we can keep him
and provorov most of the season has had braun as his partner and before AV got fired he played fuckin seeler there at one point :wallbash: the dude just needs a partner i kinda wish they gave provy-risto more time but sanheim-braun is too big of a shit show

idk how you feel about risto i hope we can keep him he stops plays he clears the net hes he wins most of the puck battles he hits he does what you want a good d man to do sure he doesnt put up 40+ points but the guy can defend
and if Giroux does want out its pretty much full rebuild ship him+risto and pretty much anybody 30+ that we can stockpile picks and go from there

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jan 24 2022 11:08pm
Jan 24 2022 11:29pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jan 24 2022 11:48pm)
well not this season i meant if we keep them beyond this season this seasons done lol we would have to go like 30-5 to even have a chance lets get a good pick hopefully keep giroux+risto give guys the time to recover and bounce back next season healthy as fuck
and "this team stinks" is a bit rough we havnt even really seen "this team" the team we have had to ice due to injuries stinks sure that happens when your missing the kind of players we are
what are you talking about couts his last productive year was years ago last season he had 41p in 45gp(.91ppg) season before that was 59 in 69(.86ppg) thats not far off from the back to back 76 pts in 80 and 82 gp(.92/.95ppg)
and i watched ghost in a couple games his play wasnt very good he just gets 22 mins a night leads the team in pp time same old ghost shit more toi because they have worse d then philly
and yeah defense has been a joke its basically where it was when we were like "we need to fill that hole" and got ellis to do so but hes not there i do think risto is an improvement over myers so hopefully we can keep him
and provorov most of the season has had braun as his partner and before AV got fired he played fuckin seeler there at one point :wallbash: the dude just needs a partner i kinda wish they gave provy-risto more time but sanheim-braun is too big of a shit show

idk how you feel about risto i hope we can keep him he stops plays he clears the net hes he wins most of the puck battles he hits he does what you want a good d man to do sure he doesnt put up 40+ points but the guy can defend
and if Giroux does want out its pretty much full rebuild ship him+risto and pretty much anybody 30+ that we can stockpile picks and go from there

keep forgetting last year was a shortened season thats my b. but yea outside of coots we need to get brassard back too he was having a decently productive season(11pts 19games). and hayes has 2 points less then him lol(9pts in 20games)
what are some of the updates on these guys ellis brassard coots hayes? those are some names for sure

i like risto, big body blocks shots, can throw the body around

Jan 24 2022 11:37pm
Quote (jackzors @ Jan 25 2022 12:29am)
keep forgetting last year was a shortened season thats my b. but yea outside of coots we need to get brassard back too he was having a decently productive season(11pts 19games). and hayes has 2 points less then him lol(9pts in 20games)
what are some of the updates on these guys ellis brassard coots hayes? those are some names for sure

i like risto, big body blocks shots, can throw the body around

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries
you can sort by teams

but yeah even with hayes out brassard was filling the 2c role decently and the team was holding their own but then he got hurt so giroux became the 2c then couts got hurt now we got laughton as our 2c i think and giroux who started as LW as our 1c
quite the shit show lol and thats just our centers basically how we got to this point and unfortunately frost has not been able to take this opportunity and run with it thats a little disappointing that hes worked his way down to the 4th line with our roster looking like this

10/12 on IR 2 exceptions are macewen and allison who are day to day and macewen actually played tonight

i do think york is here to stay though hes been pretty solid not amazing not super bad either
id like to move jones at the deadline and give sandstrom a shot hes been grinding it out in the SHL+AHL for years a chance hes 25 and in preseason this+last season he looked good his first game ever he made 43 fuckin saves in 3-2 otl
and like the SHL aint no shit ass league and his ahl stats are kinda garbage but the teams in like last place and everybody that covers the ahl is pretty much saying sandstroms play is the one bright spot of the ahl team

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jan 24 2022 11:56pm
Jan 25 2022 01:42pm
Philadelphia Flyers@NHLFlyers
We have added John Torchetti to the club's coaching staff as an assistant for the remainder of the 2021-22 season.

He'll join Mike Yeo, who will remain interim head coach for the remainder of season, along with assistants Nick Schultz & Darryl Williams.

Torchetti, 57 (7/9/1964), last served as head coach of the Moncton Wildcats of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) in 2019-20. He led the club to a 50-13-1 record with a .789 win percentage in a season that was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flyers-add-john-torchetti-to-coaching-staff-as-assistant/c-330166736
Jan 26 2022 12:37pm
Lol fletch basically calling this a lost season. Not surprised as if he has a choice.
Coots and ellis both possibly getting season ending surgeries so they can be ready for next year
Leaving the giroux trade possibility completely up to him, so if he wants to go to a contender looks like they’ll make it happen
Jan 26 2022 04:55pm
Quote (jackzors @ Jan 26 2022 01:37pm)
Lol fletch basically calling this a lost season. Not surprised as if he has a choice.
Coots and ellis both possibly getting season ending surgeries so they can be ready for next year
Leaving the giroux trade possibility completely up to him, so if he wants to go to a contender looks like they’ll make it happen

i mean this was pretty much known just not said
giroux has a full NMC its up to him because if he wants to stay then walk he can do that if he wants to be traded he can give us a 1 team list 3 team list whatever hes got full control odds are we dont get full value if we trade him
but anything beats nothing if he just walk at the end of the season so it is what it is

watching this 40 min media shit now
lmfao scott and fletch like its great yandle set the record... no hes been terrible and you cant not play him that was a terrible pick up lol its cool he did but not as a flyer^^ trying to take the heat off with that bullshit
so he doesnt see a 3-4-5 year rebuild we should get it right and be right in it we have a good core-i guess this means expects a big shake up and lots of trades
doubled the size of the development team doubling the size of analytics ...interesting some good points of how more is better
i like how it sounds like frost is locked into the nhl for the rest of this season hopefully he can figure it out
give fletch a blank check dont wanna wait deal with it now -again pointing towards no rebuild but big moves and build a giant ass staff

well should be an interesting trade deadline and offseason thats for sure

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jan 26 2022 05:05pm
Jan 29 2022 03:04pm
Streak finally broken lol
Watched majority of it today, our guys are so hesitant to shoot the damn puck. Too many passes
Jan 29 2022 04:57pm
Quote (jackzors @ Jan 29 2022 04:04pm)
Streak finally broken lol
Watched majority of it today, our guys are so hesitant to shoot the damn puck. Too many passes

thats been the problem for years a bunch of playmakers no real goal scorers thats one reason i didnt mind bringing in atkinson
i just put the game on going to watch the replay now
Feb 1 2022 08:46pm
nice little 2 game streak lol i think ill keep watching so the streak continues

good win tonight, carter bounced back huge after the 1st early goal, Tk and scotty laughton had a good game they were all over the place.
they played hard tonight, encouraging

sucks they start lookin good right at the break, hope they carry it over when they get back.

This post was edited by jackzors on Feb 1 2022 08:58pm
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1311312313314315340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll