d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1523524525526527983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 16 2020 07:40am

Quote (Black XistenZ @ 16 Jul 2020 14:39)
The problem has never been the lack of good journalists - the problem is that the large majority of great journalists happen to lean left. (Or perhaps it's that those good journalists who lean left are hired to the big, reputable outlets at higher rates than right leaning journalists...)

that means literally nothing considering your messed up definition of what right and left is. of course for someone who regularly describes centrist positions as 'left wing lunacy', and engages in propaganda in favour of authoritarianism and white supremacy, every reasonable position appears 'left leaning'.
also, concerning america's two major parties' platforms, it's pretty obvious that truth and facts tend to be more on the dems' side, so real journalist will naturally come to conclusions that are closer to that political camp, but that's not the same as a leftist agenda or bias.

in fact, true progressive voices (unlike far right nutjobs) are almost completely absent from the big news corporations, which clearly have an establishment bias (unsurprisingly, considering how they are financed, and who is also in the pockets of the corporations they get their money from).

This post was edited by fender on Jul 16 2020 07:42am
Gold: 57.00
Jul 16 2020 07:57am
of course fender (aka heinrich von goebbels, kaiser schutzstaffel) has a problem with people, including President Trump, supporting minority-owned businesses and yummy food. imagine the meltdown the rotten sauerkraut-freebasing descent of joseph (alias: fender) would have if President Trump took a picture with some latkes finished with kosher salt

This post was edited by excellence on Jul 16 2020 07:57am
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 16 2020 08:57am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 16 2020 07:44am)
im saying that the thought of NYT and WaPo being correct is subject to confirmation bias, because they reported plenty of scoops that didnt come through in the report along with also basically publishing the report before it was even released.

What scoops? Off the top of my head I'm not sure I can even recall one that turned out to be false as it relates to Russiagate.
Gold: 500.00
Jul 16 2020 08:59am
I thought this must have been a photoshopped meme but it seems like trump is doing an ad for a company called goya from his desk
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCrAzKiBFUQ/?igshid=cnkn2ipxzq95

Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 16 2020 09:08am
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 16 2020 09:57am)
What scoops? Off the top of my head I'm not sure I can even recall one that turned out to be false as it relates to Russiagate.

the Steele Dossier generally, obviously it's worse to use that trashpile as a FISA warrant application evidence, but still reporting on most of as credible was pretty silly.

Implicit connections during the election between Trump campaign officials and the Kremlin was walked WAY back, we got Flynn on basically talking to them in the lame duck phase and Manafort being compromised due to his money tied up in Ukraine.

then there was all of the headlines grabbing phrases like "obstruction of justice", "collusion", and other legal phrases to paint an unrealistic picture for people who were legally ignorant and hate trump.

i mean think of it this way, remember the time when the Mueller investigation was announced, but still early on? they printed so many stories it was insane. clearly not all of them were winners, nor would i expect them to bat 1000. my point was the time it took Mueller to release the report helped them a lot, because they had a chance to redact, redraft, etc before the report came out. news outlets must toss about half or more of their stories i'd guess, and in the digital age u just stop hosting old stories if they are duds.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 16 2020 09:08am
Warn: 30%
Jul 16 2020 09:12am
#DrainTheSwamp:

'b-B-b-uT wHErE iS hUntEr?!!1!'
Gold: 285.00
Jul 16 2020 09:14am
Quote (fender @ Jul 16 2020 11:12am)

Damn swamp monsters.

But we have a hundred million Glots voting still.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 16 2020 09:38am
Quote (duffman316 @ 16 Jul 2020 10:59)
I thought this must have been a photoshopped meme but it seems like trump is doing an ad for a company called goya from his desk
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCrAzKiBFUQ/?igshid=cnkn2ipxzq95

first the taco bowls now goya products. President Trump loves hispanics!
Jul 16 2020 09:51am
Quote (excellence @ Jul 16 2020 10:38am)
first the taco bowls now goya products. President Trump loves hispanics!

Showing off foods prepared with Goya products (but without the packaging of said products) is one thing. Promoting the brand itself literally from the Resolute Desk is a completely different animal, and one that has ethics rules which regulate it (read: forbid).

The two aren't the same.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 16 2020 10:25am
Quote (Surfpunk @ 16 Jul 2020 17:51)
Showing off foods prepared with Goya products (but without the packaging of said products) is one thing. Promoting the brand itself literally from the Resolute Desk is a completely different animal, and one that has ethics rules which regulate it (read: forbid).

The two aren't the same.

It's really Trump flexing his muscle: "look, you urged people to boycott this brand for publicly supporting me, and it instead backfired badly and the brand's sales are going through the roof."
It's an indication that Trump's base is still there and still wields economic power. Trump's influence over his base has always been the true source of his power. It's the reason why he was able to bully the Republican party into obedience, it's the reason why twitter hasnt dared to shut down his account, it's the reason why most corporations used to tread very carefully on anything Trump-related.

In recent weeks, corporate America had been increasingly coming out in favor of the BLM protests and liberal causes in general, and increasingly aligned themselves with censorship of conservative voices.
By emphasizing the Goya-Beans-counterexample, Trump is sending a message to corporate America that his power is not broken (yet?) and that publicly turning on him poses a larger risk to their bottom line than they think.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 16 2020 10:26am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1523524525526527983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll