d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1302303304305306307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 19 2023 08:53am
Quote (TiStuff @ 19 Oct 2023 07:43)
these are just excuses that lack persuasive power. seems more of an attempt to convince your self

what scripture(s) convinced you "...this cant be it" ?

I found more then one in the Quran, Bible, and Torah which I consider the 3 Major Texts within the Abrahamic faiths.

I should mention though that they all contain "profound metaphors" that when read "intellectually" or from a "non-religious" point of view I can see how people are so enamored with certain scripture(hence the thousand other "denominations" of each faith.

The main ones are simply the "of those times" texts which prove that the "literate scribes of those times" wrote most if not all of it. I will say like I mentioned above that you can realize God and develop a relationship with Jesus, Moses, Mohammad and it could be "good" or "bad". You see that when Muslims call anyone who isn't a "believer" an "infidel" who should be killed.

You see it in the Bible in Exodus(21:7 / 21:1-36 / 35:2 and Corinithians(14:34-35) when discussing slave ownership as it relates to men/woman and how slaves should be treated. In Exodus 35:2 it states that if you "work" on Sunday you should be "put to death" because it is the day God made holy.

In the Quran it's the "Surahs" which say "kill the non-believers" and in verse 34-36 talk about woman being property and to "strike your woman" basically at your discretion.

In the Torah/Kabbalistic texts it's the sheer mass of "commandments" that must be obeyed and can never be broken(I think there's over 600) and the "punishments that must be administered"

Men who commit a homosexual act (Lev 20:13)

Sabbath violators (stoning; Num 15:35)

Blasphemers (stoning; Lev 24:16)

Witches (Exod 22:17)

People who commit zooerasty (Exod 22:18, Lev 20:15-16)

Maidens found to be without a hymen on their wedding night (stoning, Deut 22:21)

A priest’s daughter who fornicates (burning, Lev 21:9)

Children who strike or curse their parents (Exod 21:15, 17)

Sons who are drunkards and don’t listen to their parents (stoning, Deut 21:18-21)

After reading most the texts through and through(I read them slowly to truly try and understand what may have been going through those individuals minds and hearts at the time) when I came to Hinduism and started reading those texts they to had some things written as above but were 1/100th in magnitude.

You could tell when you read the Bhgavad Gita and the 4 Vedas that "they" may have truly been "inspired by God" they were also handed down "orally" before they were written and they predate the Abrahamic texts by over 1000 years and yet are more profound and even scientifically oriented as well as just more powerful philosophically because basically the Hindu "Rishis" thought out and answered any "question" a human being might have about anything.

It's not forced upon you the way the Abrahamic texts are and their are "different paths for different people". For example I was more oriented towards "karma yoga" / "the path of action". Simply put, "Try and do good" "Try and see God everywhere and deify life itself so your always happy even when your doing things you may not want to do. Gyana Yoga for example I could care less about. That's the path of Wisdom/ the intellectual path to "god realization". I sort of relate it to "knowing all the texts" "knowing all the science" "just keep learning and pursuing secular knowledge". When I met people that practiced this path they tended to be PhD's and were sort of "conceited" in the sense that they "always think they know more then the other paths to realization".

When I read the 2nd chapter of the Gita, "I got it" because

In the story Arjuna pleads with "God" / "Krishna" to not have to go on killing and warring. He doesn't want to kill his own kin and Krishna says to him..."do your duty, you are a warrior, and warriors kill" and if you think that what you do is "bad" know this....

You are the Supreme Brahman, the ultimate, the supreme abode and purifier, the Absolute Truth and the eternal divine person. You are the primal God, transcendental and original, and You are the unborn and all-pervading beauty.

If you will not fight this righteous war, then you will fail in your duty, lose your reputation, and incur sin. People will talk about your disgrace forever. To the honored, dishonor is worse than death.

This post was edited by SwamiVivekananda on Oct 19 2023 08:54am
Gold: 0.69
Oct 19 2023 09:23am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Oct 19 2023 07:53am)
I found more then one in the Quran, Bible, and Torah which I consider the 3 Major Texts within the Abrahamic faiths.

I should mention though that they all contain "profound metaphors" that when read "intellectually" or from a "non-religious" point of view I can see how people are so enamored with certain scripture(hence the thousand other "denominations" of each faith.

The main ones are simply the "of those times" texts which prove that the "literate scribes of those times" wrote most if not all of it. I will say like I mentioned above that you can realize God and develop a relationship with Jesus, Moses, Mohammad and it could be "good" or "bad". You see that when Muslims call anyone who isn't a "believer" an "infidel" who should be killed.

You see it in the Bible in Exodus(21:7 / 21:1-36 / 35:2 and Corinithians(14:34-35) when discussing slave ownership as it relates to men/woman and how slaves should be treated. In Exodus 35:2 it states that if you "work" on Sunday you should be "put to death" because it is the day God made holy.

In the Quran it's the "Surahs" which say "kill the non-believers" and in verse 34-36 talk about woman being property and to "strike your woman" basically at your discretion.

In the Torah/Kabbalistic texts it's the sheer mass of "commandments" that must be obeyed and can never be broken(I think there's over 600) and the "punishments that must be administered"

Maidens found to be without a hymen on their wedding night (stoning, Deut 22:21)

Sons who are drunkards and don’t listen to their parents (stoning, Deut 21:18-21)

After reading most the texts through and through(I read them slowly to truly try and understand what may have been going through those individuals minds and hearts at the time) when I came to Hinduism and started reading those texts they to had some things written as above but were 1/100th in magnitude.

You could tell when you read the Bhgavad Gita and the 4 Vedas that "they" may have truly been "inspired by God" they were also handed down "orally" before they were written and they predate the Abrahamic texts by over 1000 years and yet are more profound and even scientifically oriented as well as just more powerful philosophically because basically the Hindu "Rishis" thought out and answered any "question" a human being might have about anything.

It's not forced upon you the way the Abrahamic texts are and their are "different paths for different people". For example I was more oriented towards "karma yoga" / "the path of action". Simply put, "Try and do good" "Try and see God everywhere and deify life itself so your always happy even when your doing things you may not want to do. Gyana Yoga for example I could care less about. That's the path of Wisdom/ the intellectual path to "god realization". I sort of relate it to "knowing all the texts" "knowing all the science" "just keep learning and pursuing secular knowledge". When I met people that practiced this path they tended to be PhD's and were sort of "conceited" in the sense that they "always think they know more then the other paths to realization".

In the story Arjuna pleads with "God" / "Krishna" to not have to go on killing and warring. He doesn't want to kill his own kin and Krishna says to him..."do your duty, you are a warrior, and warriors kill" and if you think that what you do is "bad" know this....

You are the Supreme Brahman, the ultimate, the supreme abode and purifier, the Absolute Truth and the eternal divine person. You are the primal God, transcendental and original, and You are the unborn and all-pervading beauty.

If you will not fight this righteous war, then you will fail in your duty, lose your reputation, and incur sin. People will talk about your disgrace forever. To the honored, dishonor is worse than death.

you didnt mention anything from the new testament?
Gold: 14,345.00
Oct 19 2023 09:42am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Oct 19 2023 09:53am)

You posted a whole ass essay to still be wrong. You good bro?
Oct 19 2023 11:14am
Quote (TiStuff @ 19 Oct 2023 10:23)
you didnt mention anything from the new testament?

You asked me a question and I answered it my friend. Did you specifically want me to address the "New Testament"? Because you didn't say that.

Quote (Beeetlejuice @ 19 Oct 2023 10:42)
You posted a whole ass essay to still be wrong. You good bro?

Yea "I'm good bro" how am I wrong when someone asked me for my opinion? I actually give thorough answers to the best of my ability not just one sentence responses like you.

I'd love to hear what helped you find your way or bolstered your own personal beliefs. I'd love to hear what system/methods helped you gain peace of mind or a better understanding/appreciation of the world around you/ existence itself?

This post was edited by SwamiVivekananda on Oct 19 2023 11:15am
Gold: 4,575.69
Oct 19 2023 11:24am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Oct 19 2023 10:14am)
You asked me a question and I answered it my friend. Did you specifically want me to address the "New Testament"? Because you didn't say that.

Yea "I'm good bro" how am I wrong when someone asked me for my opinion? I actually give thorough answers to the best of my ability not just one sentence responses like you.

I'd love to hear what helped you find your way or bolstered your own personal beliefs. I'd love to hear what system/methods helped you gain peace of mind or a better understanding/appreciation of the world around you/ existence itself?

If you wish to criticize Christianity wouldn't it be germane to criticize it's foundational document? (The New Testament)

I read that you were disillusioned with Catholicism which is understandable and we figured that out over 400 years ago. I suggest you read up on Protestant foundational theologians such as John Calvin and Jakobus Arminius for real insight into the Christian faith
Oct 19 2023 11:50am
Quote (El1te @ 19 Oct 2023 12:24)
If you wish to criticize Christianity wouldn't it be germane to criticize it's foundational document? (The New Testament)

I read that you were disillusioned with Catholicism which is understandable and we figured that out over 400 years ago. I suggest you read up on Protestant foundational theologians such as John Calvin and Jakobus Arminius for real insight into the Christian faith

I appreciate you giving me something to go over so I can better understand it instead of just criticizing me for my opinion.

I legitimately spent 2-3 years studying every philosophy/religion EXCEPT that. I immersed myself in a culture/religion that wasn't my own.

After reading a lot of the Eastern philosophy I developed a better relationship with Jesus Christ because I saw how other cultures viewed him.

Had I never took the leap of faith I did I wouldn't have the relationship I have with Christ now.

I've come full circle and believe it or not I've been contemplating reading the Bible again because I feel like you can read it multiple times and take different things from it each time.

I don't believe there's a right or wrong to any of it, but if it makes you a better person and you find some peace then it's worth it.

Some people simly don't care and like myself when I was younger think "it's all bullshit".

I started going to church with my grandmother because she thought "I left the church" "Left Catholicism" "Denounced Jesus Christ" and I had to tell her that I wasn't "worshipping the devil" and it was a long road back to find Jesus Christ in my heart and that trying to understand other cultures/philosphies/religions made my relationship with Christ that much stronger.

Only God can judge me and when I felt the presence of the Lord I knew it to be true and there was nothing left to be done except to be blissful and joyful in all that truly is the "Glory of God"
Oct 19 2023 05:51pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Oct 19 2023 10:14am)

i asked "what scriptures" this would include new testament. i find objections to christianity only (well almost every time) come from the old testament?
btw
old testament is by the law
new testament is by grace (christians taught to forgive)
islam is antichrist of prophecy (muslims taught to hate)
have you seen a muslim to christian testimony? would you like to view one?

Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Oct 19 2023 10:50am)
I appreciate you giving me something to go over so I can better understand it instead of just criticizing me for my opinion.

I legitimately spent 2-3 years studying every philosophy/religion EXCEPT that. I immersed myself in a culture/religion that wasn't my own.

After reading a lot of the Eastern philosophy I developed a better relationship with Jesus Christ because I saw how other cultures viewed him.

Had I never took the leap of faith I did I wouldn't have the relationship I have with Christ now.

I've come full circle and believe it or not I've been contemplating reading the Bible again because I feel like you can read it multiple times and take different things from it each time.

I don't believe there's a right or wrong to any of it, but if it makes you a better person and you find some peace then it's worth it.

Some people simly don't care and like myself when I was younger think "it's all bullshit".

I started going to church with my grandmother because she thought "I left the church" "Left Catholicism" "Denounced Jesus Christ" and I had to tell her that I wasn't "worshipping the devil" and it was a long road back to find Jesus Christ in my heart and that trying to understand other cultures/philosphies/religions made my relationship with Christ that much stronger.

Only God can judge me and when I felt the presence of the Lord I knew it to be true and there was nothing left to be done except to be blissful and joyful in all that truly is the "Glory of God"

your not the first to say that.

Gold: 2,399.70
Oct 19 2023 10:45pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Oct 19 2023 04:31pm)
convince yourself that 'atheism is the result of rational thinking

Of course it is. Thats a fact. As long as no evidence for god can be provided, the only right thing is to dismiss the claim.
Oct 20 2023 12:53am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Sep 26 2023 01:40am)
I believe nothing by faith.

you dont even know what faith means
Oct 20 2023 12:54am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Oct 19 2023 09:45pm)
Of course it is. Thats a fact. As long as no evidence for god can be provided, the only right thing is to dismiss the claim.

your evidence of God
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1302303304305306307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll