d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1274275276277278298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 14,949.00
Aug 8 2018 04:30pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 8 2018 05:27pm)
Yes, because that says nothing about how you knew it was God talking to you.

People who hear whispers from thin air usually go to a special place with other people who hear whispers.
This place has big doors, locks, padded rooms, and even a nice, big fence.
Gold: 1,532.01
Aug 8 2018 05:57pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 8 2018 11:18pm)
Do you want to know what happens when we don't turn to The Bible as our source for morality?.

We outlaw slavery?

How do you reconcile your belief that our morality comes from your god, when your god is ‘documented’ as having specifically condoned genocide and slavery - notions that are morally reprehensible to almost all humans?
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Aug 8 2018 08:20pm
Still is a great psychological interest to see people claim to know the future and the past as well as the the nature of the constants that drive our universe

Even if God called me up right now there is no definitive proof that is God

Delusion is widespread among those who believe and argue against the immeasurable and beyond comprehension
Gold: 0.00
Aug 8 2018 11:51pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 9 2018 08:27am)
Yes, because that says nothing about how you knew it was God talking to you.

That was the beginning of what was to come. I proceeded to do the rest of the day and night camps and spend some quality time with the God who just found me. I had the chance to sit back and enjoy God's creation, which declares his majesty.

I had no distractions or worries from the city life. It was clear that God reveals himself in the quiet moments and not in the loud, noisy moments called everyday life.

Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Aug 9 2018 09:57am)
We outlaw slavery?

How do you reconcile your belief that our morality comes from your god, when your god is ‘documented’ as having specifically condoned genocide and slavery - notions that are morally reprehensible to almost all humans?

Let's read Ephesians 6:5-9 - Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

I don't know about you but I consider myself a slave to my superiors at work. I treat them with respect and fear and with sincerity of heart. My boss is my earthly master and I am their earthly slave. At the same time my earthly master treats me the same way, they do not threaten me and all in all we get along just fine.

Now let's read Colossians 4:1 - Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven.

At the same time if I am a boss over someone then they are my earthly slave. I as the master am to provide my slave with what is right and fair and I do this because I know that I also have a Master in Heaven.

Believe it or not, we also have slavery in this day and age - it merely comes in a different form as to what it was like many moons ago. The principle of being master over someone remains the same. If I had a house slave, then I would make sure to keep them healthy and happy as they perform better. Same thing with work, treat everyone with respect and fear and they perform to their very best.
Gold: 260.11
Aug 9 2018 12:24am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 8 2018 11:51pm)
That was the beginning of what was to come. I proceeded to do the rest of the day and night camps and spend some quality time with the God who just found me. I had the chance to sit back and enjoy God's creation, which declares his majesty.

I had no distractions or worries from the city life. It was clear that God reveals himself in the quiet moments and not in the loud, noisy moments called everyday life.

Still doesn't tell me how you know it was God revealing himself.

We all have moments of clarity, there is no need to attribute them to God.
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 9 2018 12:49am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 9 2018 02:24am)

Then dont

Youre just a ball of meat flying through space then
Aug 9 2018 01:06am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Aug 9 2018 12:49am)
Then dont

Youre just a ball of meat flying through space then

Yeah, reality isn't very comforting is it? I understand why people like to turn to God and whatever, because the truth is depressing.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 9 2018 02:56am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 9 2018 04:24pm)

It is called life experience, something I'm sure you know very little about.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 9 2018 05:06pm)
Yeah, reality isn't very comforting is it? I understand why people like to turn to God and whatever, because the truth is depressing.

You want the cold hard truth? You are a terrible person who has turned away from God. You are going down the path of destruction which will lead you to Hell because you relied on your own strength.

There is only one hope for you, turn to The LORD and you will be saved. I'll tell it to you plainly, repent or perish.

Luke 13:1-8 NIV: Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it but did not find any. So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, ‘For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven’t found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?’

“‘Sir,’ the man replied, ‘leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it. 9 If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.’”
Gold: 1,532.01
Aug 9 2018 05:38am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 9 2018 06:51am)
Let's read Ephesians 6:5-9 - Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

I don't know about you but I consider myself a slave to my superiors at work. I treat them with respect and fear and with sincerity of heart. My boss is my earthly master and I am their earthly slave. At the same time my earthly master treats me the same way, they do not threaten me and all in all we get along just fine.

Now let's read Colossians 4:1 - Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven.

At the same time if I am a boss over someone then they are my earthly slave. I as the master am to provide my slave with what is right and fair and I do this because I know that I also have a Master in Heaven.

Believe it or not, we also have slavery in this day and age - it merely comes in a different form as to what it was like many moons ago. The principle of being master over someone remains the same. If I had a house slave, then I would make sure to keep them healthy and happy as they perform better. Same thing with work, treat everyone with respect and fear and they perform to their very best.

Comparing slavery with a career is both ignorant and offensive to those who have suffered under the practices condoned by your holy text, and you should feel embarrassed for trying to equate them.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

I wonder why slavery among the Israelites wasn’t allowed? Just another example of selective morality and racial superiority :lol:
Aug 9 2018 10:19am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 9 2018 02:56am)
It is called life experience, something I'm sure you know very little about.

Is there anything I can't claim is true based on "life experience"?

For instance I know several people who claim black people are inferior based on life experience.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Aug 9 2018 10:21am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1274275276277278298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll