d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1273274275276277298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 186.16
Aug 7 2018 02:01pm
Messianic Prophecies Fullfilled In Christ Written Hundreds Of Years Before His Birth:

http://scwtenor.com/harmony/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Messianic-Prophecies-Fulfilled-by-Yeshua-Jesus.pdf
Gold: 17,384.69
Aug 7 2018 02:27pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ 7 Aug 2018 21:01)
Messianic Prophecies Fullfilled In Christ Written Hundreds Of Years Before His Birth:

http://scwtenor.com/harmony/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Messianic-Prophecies-Fulfilled-by-Yeshua-Jesus.pdf

impresive, "born of a virgin" is one of my preferred
Gold: 0.00
Aug 7 2018 04:12pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 7 2018 08:17pm)
Doesn't refute what I said about it being indistinguishable from random chance

Obviously you weren't there and didn't feel God in that moment in the silence like I did. I wouldn't expect somebody like you to understand.

Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Aug 7 2018 09:35pm)
That’s legit the most underwhelming ‘coming to god’ experience I’ve ever read. god directs you back to your camp to save you getting wet...

Why couldn’t he have helped Elizabeth Fritzl, while she was locked in a basement for 24 years being raped almost every day by her father? You must realise how utterly insane it is to come to the conclusion you did

Good thing your irrelevant opinion does not matter.

I could tell you if you really want to know but here is a better question, why do you care about Elizabeth Fritzl? If you believe that there is no God then you also believe there is no consequences for any actions you do after you die. You just disappear into the void. Why wouldn't you give credit to the father for living his life the way he wanted to live since in 100 years, they won't even exist after death?

You want to live life where you are the ruler of your life and you don't want God to tell you how to live. That example right there you gave is one where the father is doing just that. Yet you have a problem when someone does just that. I must first ask why you care so much?
Gold: 90.58
Aug 7 2018 04:20pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 7 2018 02:12pm)
Obviously you weren't there and didn't feel God in that moment in the silence like I did. I wouldn't expect somebody like you to understand.

I could tell you if you really want to know but here is a better question, why do you care about Elizabeth Fritzl? If you believe that there is no God then you also believe there is no consequences for any actions you do after you die. You just disappear into the void. Why wouldn't you give credit to the father for living his life the way he wanted to live since in 100 years, they won't even exist after death?

You want to live life where you are the ruler of your life and you don't want God to tell you how to live. That example right there you gave is one where the father is doing just that. Yet you have a problem when someone does just that. I must first ask why you care so much?

Apologize to Thor for your recent comments towards him.
Gold: 260.11
Aug 7 2018 04:29pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 7 2018 04:12pm)

How do you know that what you were feeling is God?
Gold: 10,655.00
Aug 7 2018 06:35pm

Gold: 1,532.01
Aug 7 2018 06:37pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 7 2018 11:12pm)

You could tell me? Really? So you personally know the mind of your god?

You’ve just perfectly demonstrated what distinguishes christian morality from common morality. Yes, we know that life comes to an end and that our experiences are limited by our mortality, but that doesn’t excuse us from caring about helping other people and making the world a better place. If your sense of morality is dependent upon whether you’re going to be existant to reap the benefits of your actions after death, it’s not morality - it’s more like selfishness.

I am the ruler of my life - so are you, even if you don’t realise it. Not sure what point you’re trying to make... trying to equate a godless life with the father’s actions? Lol

I care because I can empathise with the woman, why does this surprise you so much?
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 8 2018 08:13am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 8 2018 04:18pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 8 2018 08:29am)
How do you know that what you were feeling is God?

1 Kings 19:9-12 And the word of the Lord came to him: “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

He replied, “I have been very zealous for the Lord God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, torn down your altars, and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too.”

The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.”

Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.

Need I say more?

Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Aug 8 2018 10:37am)
You could tell me? Really? So you personally know the mind of your god?

You’ve just perfectly demonstrated what distinguishes christian morality from common morality. Yes, we know that life comes to an end and that our experiences are limited by our mortality, but that doesn’t excuse us from caring about helping other people and making the world a better place. If your sense of morality is dependent upon whether you’re going to be existant to reap the benefits of your actions after death, it’s not morality - it’s more like selfishness.

I am the ruler of my life - so are you, even if you don’t realise it. Not sure what point you’re trying to make... trying to equate a godless life with the father’s actions? Lol

I care because I can empathise with the woman, why does this surprise you so much?

The answer is sin. The middle letter of that word is 'i' which means I am at the centre of my life. We are all selfish. You are the ruler of your life, that is the problem. You are putting yourself above God. That is what Adam and Eve did back in the Garden of Eden. That is what everybody else has been doing since then.

Where do our morals come from? Even without reading The Bible we instinctively know the difference between right and wrong. Why is this the case? I'll tell you why. First Genesis 1:27 says that God created man in his image, male and female he created them. The Bible also says that God wrote his law in our hearts - Romans 2:15. So therefore The Bible becomes our source of morality because The Bible is the very Word of God in written form. Look up 2 Timothy 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:21.

Do you want to know what happens when we don't turn to The Bible as our source for morality? We will tend to trust our conscience, be it implicitly or explicitly. Another source for morality is in our society, known as social consensus. What if our morals are shaped by the culture around us? The problem with this is that the social consensus is like shifting sand. Another generation passes and the social consensus changes. Even 20 years ago, the thing that everyone did where I am is go to Church. Also nobody could have ever imagined endorsing Gay Marriage. Oh man how times have changed. The social consensus has changed. It will also continue to change.

The reason we should use The Bible as our source for morality is so that we don't end up like ships adrift at sea. The Bible is a strong foundation of our source for morality. Matthew 7:24-25 Everyone who hears the words of Jesus and does them is like a wise man who built His house on the rock. The rain fell, the floods came and the winds blew and beat on the house and yet, because it had a strong foundation, it did not fall. The morals in The Bible will never change as compared to social consensus.
Gold: 260.11
Aug 8 2018 04:27pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 8 2018 04:18pm)
1 Kings 19:9-12 And the word of the Lord came to him: “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

He replied, “I have been very zealous for the Lord God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, torn down your altars, and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too.”

The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.”

Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.

Need I say more?

Yes, because that says nothing about how you knew it was God talking to you.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1273274275276277298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll