d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Vegan Issues Megathread
Prev1111213141516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.77
May 24 2018 12:19pm
Quote (Tjo @ May 24 2018 11:11am)
What in the world did you eat then? Nuts and avocadoes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Veggie burgers are 1 or 2 net carbs. Tempeh is 1 net carb. Tofu is 1 net carb. Seitan is 6 net carbs. There are lots of low carb flours that can be used to make pizzas, breads, etc.

When I swapped to vegetarian instead of vegan keto, it became even easier, because the best vegan cheeses are made from cashews which aren't very low carb. You can make vegan cheese from hemp though and it's low carb.

This helped:

https://www.ruled.me/comprehensive-guide-vegan-ketogenic-diet/

Gold: 2,489.69
May 24 2018 12:47pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ May 24 2018 10:38am)
My bad, wich issues ?

Any idea in how to sensibilize people against the unhealthy massive meat intoxication and linked environmental destruction ?

yes actually. intersectional politics with hunters and conservationists. militant animal rights activists generally demonize hunters, when both of them have very similar ideas about the factory farming industry. Too many people can't get past someone killing an animal, and see them as an enemy. Most of the animals i kill are dead before they hit the ground. if i was a wolf and i and my pack slowly ripped the animal apart while it's still alive animal right's activists wouldn't care, that's nature. I kill, skin, and eat a deer and it's murder. that's an issue.
Gold: 10.77
May 24 2018 01:06pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 24 2018 11:47am)
yes actually. intersectional politics with hunters and conservationists. militant animal rights activists generally demonize hunters, when both of them have very similar ideas about the factory farming industry. Too many people can't get past someone killing an animal, and see them as an enemy. Most of the animals i kill are dead before they hit the ground. if i was a wolf and i and my pack slowly ripped the animal apart while it's still alive animal right's activists wouldn't care, that's nature. I kill, skin, and eat a deer and it's murder. that's an issue.

I think people like me outnumber the folks who demonize hunters (exception is trophy/sports hunters) in the veg*an community. There is a sense that conservation, sustainability, and natural cycles are our key "objectives" through diet, and food hunting allows humans to serve as a natural predator regulating a natural ecosystem. Ducks Unlimited is one of my annual donations, as well.
May 24 2018 01:10pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ May 24 2018 01:06pm)
I think people like me outnumber the folks who demonize hunters (exception is trophy/sports hunters) in the veg*an community. There is a sense that conservation, sustainability, and natural cycles are our key "objectives" through diet, and food hunting allows humans to serve as a natural predator regulating a natural ecosystem. Ducks Unlimited is one of my annual donations, as well.

i would guess from anecdotal evidence that most vegans dont take issue with conservation hunting. and the number vocally against it are small. but i still think most stand silent when the vocal minority takes targets. I think a very large public alliance is mutually beneficial.
Gold: 0.00
May 24 2018 01:33pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ May 24 2018 06:19pm)
Veggie burgers are 1 or 2 net carbs. Tempeh is 1 net carb. Tofu is 1 net carb. Seitan is 6 net carbs. There are lots of low carb flours that can be used to make pizzas, breads, etc.

When I swapped to vegetarian instead of vegan keto, it became even easier, because the best vegan cheeses are made from cashews which aren't very low carb. You can make vegan cheese from hemp though and it's low carb.

This helped:

https://www.ruled.me/comprehensive-guide-vegan-ketogenic-diet/

It’s great as long as you do it together with a nutritious and some blood tests once in a while.
My wife is a nutritious. One of the things she sees a lot in her job is vegans who didn’t do it right. They were very happy with the results of their diet for about 5-8 years and only after they found out the damages.
It’s easy to google or follow tips and “experts” on Facebook..
and anyways, what i wrote is true about any diet.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 24 2018 01:36pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 24 May 2018 19:47)

You live in a country of extremes and so on, look like theres Meat gluttons and skeletal vegans.

IMO the majority is Fat-Meat gluttons so well, theres not a serious need to do a case on vegans, till they arent killing anyone or breaking the law, OF COURSE ! ^_^

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on May 24 2018 01:40pm
May 24 2018 01:41pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ May 24 2018 01:36pm)
You live in a country of extremes and so on, look like theres Meat gluttons and skeletal vegans.

IMO the majority is Fat-Meat gluttons so well, theres not a serious need to do a case on vegans, till they arent killing anyone or breaking the law, OF COURSE ! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goARbRuLAVo

i might be wrong on the number but every opening day of deer season in wisconsin the number of armed hunters heading out, just in my state, equals the 3rd or 4th largest standing army on earth. its a massive group to draw on for support in fighting factory farms.
May 24 2018 01:44pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 24 May 2018 20:41)
i might be wrong on the number but every opening day of deer season in wisconsin the number of armed hunters heading out, just in my state, equals the 3rd or 4th largest standing army on earth. its a massive group to draw on for support in fighting factory farms.

Orange Agent will be agree with you !

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on May 24 2018 01:45pm
Gold: 119,903.34
May 24 2018 01:47pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ May 24 2018 02:36pm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goARbRuLAVo

People in america would actually would end up healthier if they ate more meat tbh.

Americans are fat because Carbs/Sugar which generally leads to people likely to overeat.

This post was edited by sir_lance_bb on May 24 2018 01:48pm
May 24 2018 01:51pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ 24 May 2018 20:47)
People in america would actually would end up healthier if they ate more meat tbh.
Americans are fat because Carbs/Sugar which generally leads to people likely to overeat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/02/19/eating-a-lot-of-meat-is-hurting-the-environment-and-you-should-stop-top-u-s-nutritional-panel-says

I dont think it's a good idea to promote even more meat eating.
Well successfully hunted a chicken in my supermarket today, it's ready in like 2 hours ^_^

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on May 24 2018 01:53pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1111213141516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll