d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Vegan Issues Megathread
Prev1101112131416Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9.00
May 24 2018 09:43am
Quote (WhiteSouned @ May 24 2018 05:12pm)
Why would you be at a situation where you consume too much protein ?
And why would a vegan diet is nesserly low fat and a ‘normal’ diet is not?
You started by saying that you ‘get that’ and yet it seems that you didn’t ;)

Well The McDougall, Goldhamer, Esselstyn, and all the other vegan doctor gurus in the USA advocate a low fat low protein vegan diet made up of fruit, whole grains and starchy vegetables! Most health promoters in the vegan movement promote that.

I think we should take 10 healthy people and put them on two different diets with the same macronutrient % and then we see which group does better; mood, stomach functioning, energy levels, subjective opinions etc.

Because all the research of new diets curing diseases are usually made by very biased people. For example, when a person who has been eating bacon and eggs for all his life, suddenly goes upon a vegan diet, that person is very likely to eat ALOT less because he is not used to the food. And low calory diets and fasting have been shown to "cure" disease because the body eats up its own sick cells when underfed. There are actually studies that has been showing that heart disease was reversed by a plant based diets, but in almost all cases it also showed that the participants had decreased their calory intake. It's the same with low carb diets; all the beneficial effects come solely from the decreased calory intake.
Gold: 2,489.69
May 24 2018 10:01am
Quote (Bazi @ May 24 2018 09:24am)
I guess I’m of the philosophy that we are the dominant species on the planet and should be more focused on our species than any other. I don’t think we should go out of our way to kill everything unnecessarily, within some reason. I don’t know the details behind soy and other vegetable farming and such, but find it ludicrous that someone who is fundamentally claiming to live for the environment, isn’t aware of the process vegetable farming entails.

Do you think it has to do with a trait of this next generation? I find, anecdotally, that while the newer generations have access to a gross body knowledge, that access has made them increasingly ignorant + overconfident. I think that is the trend in general for all ages/demographics but because of logistics is most prevalent in this newest generation and wonder what the longtem implications will be. To clarify the question I posed, is veganism more of a thing in newer generations or does it have more even of a distribution across demographics than I’m giving credit for

100% sure the bold is a large factor in this. And a lot of factors to think on:

-online campaigns use shock and awe tactics, generally out of context. Some vegan groups are as disingenuous as project veritas. yet they snare a lot of people.

-the online meta is constantly trying to force false binaries. "meat eater bad, veggie eater good" type stuff. it makes people think that their side isn't problematic

-older people are going veggie/vegan but from my anecdotal view its more of a dietary total health move than a moral one by-and-large

-stuff like farmer's markets are becoming trendy, which acts as an on ramp for youth to start down the path to food independence.

-there are intersections of people who all coalesce in veganism. cultural vegetarians, dietary vegetarians, animal right's activists, farmer's market hipsters, and even people just wanting to get in on a hot trend. but they all share motivations that got them on the path, and these become group motivations, in these groups people get a strange perspective of being moral based on their group. even if the motivations don't perfectly fit to them. we've all seen this, someone just wants to save money on veggies, then talks about the health benefits, then reads online about pesticides, then factor farming, etc. next thing u know they're a vegan. i see the vegan path as very linear and dont see many if any turn back ever.

-veganism, as with any budding movement is spreading massively through the internet. the emergence of vegan restaurants must have vegans from the 70s-80s drooling. their years of careful food prep as their only means of eating is now dated. vegan certified products have been very consistent. if anything vegan/organic labels are almost too strict on the side of caution.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 24 2018 10:04am
People are talking about a "vegan issue" (that is true, pure vegan isnt that nice) but the full processed food and massive meat lifestyle is even a bigger issue, no only killing themselves those people are also polluting dozens times more.

Some balls are needed to go for an healthy diet anyway. ^_^

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on May 24 2018 10:09am
Gold: 2,364.01
May 24 2018 10:08am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ May 24 2018 06:04pm)
People are talking about a "vegan issue" (that is true, pure vegan isnt that nice) but the full processed food and massive meat lifestyle is even a bigger issues, no only killing themselves those people are also polluting dozens times more.

beer is vegan :thumbsup:

/e all problems solved

This post was edited by Crud1ty on May 24 2018 10:09am
Gold: 2,489.69
May 24 2018 10:24am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ May 24 2018 10:04am)
People are talking about a "vegan issue" (that is true, pure vegan isnt that nice) but the full processed food and massive meat lifestyle is even a bigger issue, no only killing themselves those people are also polluting dozens times more.

i'm not talking about veganism as if it is an issue, i'm talking about issues where veganism is a relevant factor.
May 24 2018 10:38am
Quote (thesnipa @ 24 May 2018 17:24)
i'm not talking about veganism as if it is an issue, i'm talking about issues where veganism is a relevant factor.

My bad, wich issues ?

Any idea in how to sensibilize people against the unhealthy massive meat intoxication and linked environmental destruction ?
Gold: 2,364.01
May 24 2018 11:01am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ May 24 2018 06:38pm)
My bad, wich issues ?

Any idea in how to sensibilize people against the unhealthy massive meat intoxication and linked environmental destruction ?

is this where we should start discuss about sodium glutamate? :P
May 24 2018 11:12am
Quote (Crud1ty @ 24 May 2018 18:01)
is this where we should start discuss about sodium glutamate? :P

Eating sausage kills.
Gold: 10.77
May 24 2018 11:53am
I see a lot of people talking about carbs and proteins and fat.

Just to throw this out there, I did a vegan ketogenic diet for four years. It's totally doable.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on May 24 2018 11:53am
Gold: 9.00
May 24 2018 12:11pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ May 24 2018 07:53pm)
I see a lot of people talking about carbs and proteins and fat.

Just to throw this out there, I did a vegan ketogenic diet for four years. It's totally doable.

What in the world did you eat then? Nuts and avocadoes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1101112131416Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll