d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Myth Of Obesity Caused By Genetics Destroyed > Trigger Warning
Prev1111213141516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 21 2017 06:49pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Sep 21 2017 08:06pm)
But "calories in/calories out" is an oversimplification. Different people do not extract equal amounts of energy from food. They do not excrete equal amounts as waste. They do not burn energy at an equal rate in resting state. They do not achieve the feeling of "fullness" at equal levels of food consumption. There are so many variables.

It also ignores the genetic-based mental conditions that produce overeating and food addiction. Nobody blames sufferers of Tourette syndrome for their motor tics, but they blame people genetically predisposed to overeating for doing so. It's just an irrational perspective (and yes they are analogous, Tourette syndrome typically produces voluntary tics).

We have already isolated many of the gene expressions that overwhelmingly correlate with excess eating and obesity, so we know, as a confirmed fact, that obesity frequently or even usually has a genetic component.

It's still your resting rate which can be determined if you want to lose weight with calories in vs out. It's not hard to determine what your personal burn rate is and reaction to food with a food scale a regular scale and pen and paper. Using the excuse of I react different vs you is bullshit its still in vs out on a personal level. You have an individual burn rate.

You're completely ignoring that on an individual basis it's in vs out still and the end of the day regardless of those variables and just becsuse you have a metal disorder does not detract from at the end it's still individual in vs out.

It will always boil down to in vs out. Toss in 528855 variables.

No pun intended with the boil.

If your consistently eating 3500 calories as per counted based on regulated labeling and not losing weight lower till you do and find the caloric level as to when you enter a deficit on and individual basis.

I feel you're arguing that on a macro level (haha not nutrients) saying everyone of equal mass and output per day should not react the same and I agree but it dosent mean you can't just lose weight by determining your INDIVIDUAL caloric requirement and adjusting appropriatly which is just in vs out.

This post was edited by SBD on Sep 21 2017 06:57pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Sep 21 2017 06:58pm
honestly

Quote (Knaapie @ 22 Sep 2017 01:27)
Can we play good post/bad post ?
good post:
Bad post:
You guys are doing what you do best, avoid the discussion. :P

I hope you arent waiting for anything constructive from those posters, the only thing they do is spreading hate and intolerance.

btw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetics_of_obesity

this topic is a JOKE (a bad one like usual).

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Sep 21 2017 07:10pm
Sep 21 2017 07:03pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Sep 21 2017 08:58pm)
hones

I hope you arent waiting for anything constructive from those posters, the only thing they do is spreading hate and intolerance.

btw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetics_of_obesity

this topic is a JOKE (a bad one like usual).

Fantastic data who knew that you were more likley to be fat being raised by obese parents likley shoveling shit food to the child at an early age with no education.

Still rides the basis of in vs out at the bottom line.

If you're fat and don't want to be you're not trying or you're like Voyaging said, you have a disability.

A door that swings one way is going to open that way unless Jimmy is a retard and pulls at a push.

This post was edited by SBD on Sep 21 2017 07:07pm
Gold: Locked
Sep 21 2017 07:54pm
Quote (SBD @ Sep 21 2017 06:03pm)
Fantastic data who knew that you were more likley to be fat being raised by obese parents likley shoveling shit food to the child at an early age with no education.

If you're fat and don't want to be you're not trying or you're like Voyaging said, you have a disability.

A door that swings one way is going to open that way unless Jimmy is a retard and pulls at a push.

Calories in vs calories out is literally the simpleton's answer to this topic. Yes, it's true at a base level. No, it's not nearly as effective or as refined an answer as possible, and you look pretty dumb if you just keep shouting the same basic statement repeatedly when people say "yeah, but there's more to it". Y'know, because there is.

It's like someone asking "what's 1+1" and you saying "IT'S A NUMBER"
Yeah, it's a number. We can be a lot more specific, which is far more useful.
Gold: 4,786.00
Sep 21 2017 07:54pm
Quote (SBD @ Sep 21 2017 08:49pm)
It's still your resting rate which can be determined if you want to lose weight with calories in vs out. It's not hard to determine what your personal burn rate is and reaction to food with a food scale a regular scale and pen and paper. Using the excuse of I react different vs you is bullshit its still in vs out on a personal level. You have an individual burn rate.

You're completely ignoring that on an individual basis it's in vs out still and the end of the day regardless of those variables and just becsuse you have a metal disorder does not detract from at the end it's still individual in vs out.

It will always boil down to in vs out. Toss in 528855 variables.

No pun intended with the boil.

If your consistently eating 3500 calories as per counted based on regulated labeling and not losing weight lower till you do and find the caloric level as to when you enter a deficit on and individual basis.

I feel you're arguing that on a macro level (haha not nutrients) saying everyone of equal mass and output per day should not react the same and I agree but it dosent mean you can't just lose weight by determining your INDIVIDUAL caloric requirement and adjusting appropriatly which is just in vs out.

Thanks man, you're doing god's work. I really didn't feel like reiterating the same point for the 5th time in this thread

Quote (BardOfXiix @ Sep 21 2017 09:54pm)
Calories in vs calories out is literally the simpleton's answer to this topic. Yes, it's true at a base level. No, it's not nearly as effective or as refined an answer as possible, and you look pretty dumb if you just keep shouting the same basic statement repeatedly when people say "yeah, but there's more to it". Y'know, because there is.

It's like someone asking "what's 1+1" and you saying "IT'S A NUMBER"
Yeah, it's a number. We can be a lot more specific, which is far more useful.

The point we are trying to get across is that literally everybody can lose weight using this simpleton's method and that most people use exactly what you just said as an excuse as to why they cannot lose weight, when in fact it's just technicalities that don't matter for the average overweight person.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 21 2017 09:59pm)
Not everybody's out is the same though, and we can't reliably measure the "out" on a person by person basis. So it's not useful to just say "calories in, calories out". In addition when you exercise it lowers your basal rate to compensate, so for most exercise isn't very useful.

Calories in is also not measured well. There are pretty large errors on packages, up to 20% allowable, so it's not really useful to calorie count either.

No shit it's not the same for everybody, isn't that what we've been saying from the start? Are you guys just cherry-picking parts of our posts?
It is extremely easy to determine your TDEE through trial and error. It's not this herculean task that you guys make it out to be. The variations you're speaking of are really easy to make up for, especially for a massively overweight person. They're not athletes who needs to go just below 85KG to have the best possible results in a competition, you have 50 pounds to lose...

This post was edited by harumi on Sep 21 2017 08:12pm
Gold: 260.11
Sep 21 2017 07:59pm
Quote (SBD @ Sep 21 2017 07:03pm)

Not everybody's out is the same though, and we can't reliably measure the "out" on a person by person basis. So it's not useful to just say "calories in, calories out". In addition when you exercise it lowers your basal rate to compensate, so for most exercise isn't very useful.

Calories in is also not measured well. There are pretty large errors on packages, up to 20% allowable, so it's not really useful to calorie count either.
Gold: 10,655.00
Sep 21 2017 08:09pm

The best method to decide if your weight loss regimen is working, is not some formula designed by marketing depts. or clinical folks that need a paper to publish.

It's pretty simple really. Just use a mirror.
Gold: 1,895.00
Sep 21 2017 08:18pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 21 2017 07:59pm)

During strenuous exercise your metabolic rate can increase up to 20 times the normal rate. And your metabolism is more efficient with regular exercise. So exercise is definitely useful. You can also track calories well enough to see results. It isn't an exact science.
Sep 21 2017 08:19pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 21 2017 09:59pm)

While I agree with your statement its still in vs out, because something Is difficult does not take away from the base concept.

You might counter to say well the difficulty is the barrier to people's wight loss in some instances where I would then say that they aren't trying hard enough, you can easily begin to average as most people are follow routine, 4 days of gym at 2 hours per session, 1 cardio 3 strength. This week I consumed x and I lost or gained x. Using that data recording technique is easy and can provide a base line over a period of time.

You're right some encounter more difficulties than others and I'm not denying that. But I'm saying the base concept holds true.

I'd also add that people are quite routine with food once you look at a week at a time, dispite packaging errors your average would work that out.

Sometimes I have people who ask how will oil impact do they have to measure it when they cook. I say of you use the exact same amount per week you won't have to count it because it's constant.

This post was edited by SBD on Sep 21 2017 08:21pm
Gold: 0.00
Sep 21 2017 09:04pm
Vegetable oils are refined polyunsaturated fats which contain a concentrated amount of Omega-6 fatty acids. Eating this stuff in foods in their natural forms is fine, but when it is concentrated in an oil form it causes adverse effects of the human body. Vegetable oils cause inflamation and clog your arteries.

Diabetes is an acquired disease, and it is acquired by systematically spiking your blood sugar. Eventually your body fails to react to excess blood sugar and it causes tissue damage. Stop eating carbs, grains, sugars, potatoes.

Saturated fats ( animal fats ) are the best foods to eat to meet your daily caloric needs. It digests slowly and does not impact your blood sugar levels. High fat meats such as bacon and hamburger will keep you healthy.

~~

Your body regulates many systems to keep you alive and healthy. It can do the same with regards to regulating your eating habits. But when you spike your blood sugar and your body must take corrective action, it is ALWAYS playing catch-up. Blood sugar spikes too high, then the insulin brings it too low making you hungry. If you stop this nasty cycle, your body can go about keeping you alive, so long as stop consuming fast carbs.

~~

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1111213141516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll