d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Evolution Vs Creation > Discuss - Be Polite - Be Intelligent
Prev13456714Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.76
Jan 14 2015 04:30pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 14 Jan 2015 17:01)
Truthers mold and shape?

Even the name (bad name choose to discredit anyone who doesn't worship every point the GOP told) tells you they want the truth
and not some possibility

What? I'm talking about the tinfoil hatters, the Obama is really Osama, nutwack,

I can call 'em nutwacks, or fruitcakes, idiots? those names all apply as far as I'm concerned chem trails (honestly why in the hell?) underground trains (really just tunneled so sneaky that no one saw
or heard? why oh why would the government top men want to hurt all of their tax payers?
Jan 14 2015 04:30pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 14 Jan 2015 17:01)
Truthers mold and shape?

Even the name (bad name choose to discredit anyone who doesn't worship every point the GOP told) tells you they want the truth
and not some possibility

What? I'm talking about the tinfoil hatters, the Obama is really Osama, nutwack,

I can call 'em nutwacks, or fruitcakes, idiots? those names all apply as far as I'm concerned chem trails (honestly why in the hell?) underground trains (really just tunneled so sneaky that no one saw
or heard? why oh why would the government top men want to hurt all of their tax payers?
Gold: 1.69
Jan 14 2015 04:31pm
I beleive that Jesus was here 2k+ years ago, but there is no real evidence irl and in the bible that supports a 6k year old planet. its just full of assumptions.

If we are to go by the Bible, God made the promise is Abraham around 6k years ago, and ect ect.

The 'world' flood may just have been the nile river or any other areas flooding a huge area that involved Noah's ark. In many religious texts there are talks about such a flood and ect.

I believe in God and the concept of evolution. Just not that the universe came from noting. Makes more sense for something to create something. But then where did that creator come from? Every theory has this problem on a philosophical level. Imo you can beleive in both science and religion.

I just typed this up fast and it isn't really well put together, hopefully you understand my points and ideas.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 14 2015 04:43pm
Quote (kyle_lowry2 @ 14 Jan 2015 21:09)
1 God day = 1000 man years.

Scientists are beginning to draw closer to the reality of the Torah.

That might work for the seven days of creation but does nothing for the idea that the earth is 6000 years old because this idea is derived from the biblical accounts of the lives of men. If 1 day = 1000 years then the oldest man in the Torah, Methuselah, who purportedly lived for 969 years (which is already obviously bullshit) actually lived for 353,685,000 years and if you tell me you believe that purely on the Torah and folk stories then you are beyond any kind of help.

This post was edited by Scaly on Jan 14 2015 04:44pm
Jan 14 2015 04:43pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ 14 Jan 2015 17:31)
I beleive that Jesus was here 2k+ years ago, but there is no real evidence irl and in the bible that supports a 6k year old planet. its just full of assumptions.

If we are to go by the Bible, God made the promise is Abraham around 6k years ago, and ect ect.

The 'world' flood may just have been the nile river or any other areas flooding a huge area that involved Noah's ark. In many religious texts there are talks about such a flood and ect.

I believe in God and the concept of evolution. Just not that the universe came from noting. Makes more sense for something to create something. But then where did that creator come from? Every theory has this problem on a philosophical level. Imo you can beleive in both science and religion.

I just typed this up fast and it isn't really well put together, hopefully you understand my points and ideas.

believing in god and the concept of evolution? those don't go together.

unless you mean you believe the concept but don't think it happened?

you seem to be straddling the fence but too fearful to lean too far either way.
Gold: 270.56
Jan 14 2015 04:44pm
Quote (kyle_lowry2 @ Jan 14 2015 01:58pm)
Not believing in God is worse than believing in idolatry. Just a heads up.

I'll take my chances.
On a serious note, what is the social response to someone leaving their faith or blasheming in Israel?
Gold: 7,252.72
Jan 14 2015 04:47pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Jan 14 2015 05:31pm)

...so here's a question for you or anyone else who wants to reply...given all the scientific evidence that supports evolution and a planet Earth that is 4.54 billion years old do you still hold onto the possibility that things could have happened just as the Bible records them ?
Gold: 500.00
Jan 14 2015 04:49pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jan 14 2015 05:47pm)
...so here's a question for you or anyone else who wants to reply...given all the scientific evidence that supports evolution and a planet Earth that is 4.54 billion years old do you still hold onto the possibility that things could have happened just as the Bible records them ?

well anything's possible

Gold: 0.00
Quote (ChrisKz @ 14 Jan 2015 22:31)

We've had this conversation before... no reputable secular scientist asserts that the universe comes from nothing. Not your definition of nothing anyway. You told me you'd look this up - obviously you haven't.

You 'can't' believe in science and believe in religion because religion is unconfirmable by the scientific method. You have to violate your belief in the ability of the scientific method to explain our reality in order to take the unsupportable positive stance on God and in your case even more so because you believe in the Christian god specifically. The Christian god invented by Jews around the time of the Persian invasion of Judaea when they adapted the Zoroastrian religion to fit their own narrative.

This post was edited by Scaly on Jan 14 2015 04:50pm
Gold: 7,252.72
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jan 14 2015 05:43pm)
believing in god and the concept of evolution? those don't go together.

unless you mean you believe the concept but don't think it happened?

you seem to be straddling the fence but too fearful to lean too far either way.

...that's your personal opinion and not the position of institutions like the Roman Catholic Church .
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456714Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll