d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > 10 Year Old Tried As An Adult For Murder
Prev15678911Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,720.48
Oct 15 2014 12:35pm
I don't think any kind of rehabilitation is going to work for a 10 year old with a history of mental issues and violent outbursts and lying. Rumor has it the child is the local school bully (a bad one) and has the majority of students frightened of him. He needs to be evaluated and removed from the general population. The mother should be held liable for not getting him the help he needed when the behavior first started to surface, I think it's too late at this point. I just hope they don't downgrade his case and dump him in juvy and then release him on "good behavior"
Gold: 2,407.00
Oct 15 2014 12:52pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Oct 15 2014 01:35pm)
I don't think any kind of rehabilitation is going to work for a 10 year old with a history of mental issues and violent outbursts and lying. Rumor has it the child is the local school bully (a bad one) and has the majority of students frightened of him. He needs to be evaluated and removed from the general population. The mother should be held liable for not getting him the help he needed when the behavior first started to surface, I think it's too late at this point. I just hope they don't downgrade his case and dump him in juvy and then release him on "good behavior"

As long as he is in a facility for the criminally ill, not a regular prison.
Gold: 0.76
Oct 15 2014 02:35pm
The child needs help, obviously, the answer isn't to just tuck him away somewhere like an uncomfortable image or thought that we don't want to deal with.

We screwed the pooch with him, someone should have seen the direction he was heading and gotten him some help. Yeah I think his parents share some blame

a 10 year old that doesn't know that it's wrong to punch someone like that, hasn't been raised very well, or has had a breakdown of some kind, but a 10 year old is supposed to still be in the
care of adults people that know him and pay attention to him and that would notice a break from the norm. Yes what he did was wrong but at 10 your world is a lot smaller than it is when you mature
If he's been allowed to get mad and lose his temper with little or no recourse then he may not have thought much of the consequences of his actions.

This post was edited by Valhalls_Sun on Oct 15 2014 02:35pm
Gold: 171.76
Oct 15 2014 02:40pm
No one is asking how a 10 year old is this messed up?

thats not normal or right
Gold: 25.00
Oct 15 2014 02:42pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Oct 15 2014 03:40pm)

Probably has some form of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia that has gone untreated thus far
Gold: 7,252.72
Oct 15 2014 05:19pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 15 2014 04:35pm)
The child needs help, obviously, the answer isn't to just tuck him away somewhere like an uncomfortable image or thought that we don't want to deal with.

We screwed the pooch with him, someone should have seen the direction he was heading and gotten him some help. Yeah I think his parents share some blame

a 10 year old that doesn't know that it's wrong to punch someone like that, hasn't been raised very well, or has had a breakdown of some kind, but a 10 year old is supposed to still be in the
care of adults people that know him and pay attention to him and that would notice a break from the norm. Yes what he did was wrong but at 10 your world is a lot smaller than it is when you mature
If he's been allowed to get mad and lose his temper with little or no recourse then he may not have thought much of the consequences of his actions.

Quote (bitg_pj @ Oct 15 2014 04:40pm)

...if you don't believe in evil you'll never understand .
Gold: 0.00
Oct 15 2014 05:24pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ 15 Oct 2014 18:35)

With all due respect... you're not a psychiatrist and nor do you have any kind of psychiatric background afaik. You're not qualified to say that this boy is beyond help. He's 10 years old ffs.

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 15 Oct 2014 23:19)
...if you don't believe in evil you'll never understand .

On another note, and without trying to derail the thread too much, this is a great example of why I find religion extremely distasteful. The idea that a religious concept such as 'pure evil' could affect, and probably will affect, how this boy is treated is unacceptable to me.

This post was edited by Scaly on Oct 15 2014 05:30pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 15 2014 05:36pm
Quote (Scaly @ Oct 15 2014 06:24pm)
With all due respect... you're not a psychiatrist and nor do you have any kind of psychiatric background afaik. You're not qualified to say that this boy is beyond help. He's 10 years old ffs.

On another note, and without trying to derail the thread too much, this is a great example of why I find religion extremely distasteful. The idea that a religious concept such as 'pure evil' could affect, and probably will affect, how this boy is treated is unacceptable to me.

And what if he had simply used the word incorrigible instead?
Gold: 7,252.72
Oct 15 2014 05:38pm
...there are people who go out of their way to glorify evil and evildoers , literally building altars to evil in their own homes yet they want to make us believe it doesn't exist .
Gold: 22,720.48
Oct 15 2014 05:39pm
Quote (Scaly @ Oct 15 2014 07:24pm)

As far as you know. Any time someone says 'With all due respect" they mean one thing and it's not "respect" You are the last person that should be saying whether someone is qualified to have an opinion on something so you know exactly what you can do with your attitude.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678911Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll