d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > 10 Year Old Tried As An Adult For Murder
Prev17891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 15 2014 06:23pm
Quote (Scaly @ Oct 15 2014 07:16pm)
Because regardless of whether they exist or not there is no evidence they do. Decisions that can determine the course of a person's life should be based on what is known or can be reasonably surmised from the facts at hand. Not from fear of some as yet unproven metaphysical entity.

From the Christian perspective, evil exists in the world. It requires no scientific explanation. Widow is not deciding this persons fate, so why does his Christian perspective worry you?

It's also worth noting that considering Widow's career knowledge/experience, I highly doubt anyone on this forum has greater knowledge of psychology.

This post was edited by IceMage on Oct 15 2014 06:26pm
Gold: 0.00
Oct 15 2014 06:47pm
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ 16 Oct 2014 00:18)
Edit: Removed

Mods can see what you remove.

Quote (IceMage @ 16 Oct 2014 00:23)
From the Christian perspective, evil exists in the world.  It requires no scientific explanation.  Widow is not deciding this persons fate, so why does his Christian perspective worry you?

It's also worth noting that considering Widow's career knowledge/experience, I highly doubt anyone on this forum has greater knowledge of psychology.

Widow's perspective is shared by people who will have a hand in the child's future.

I think you're playing Widow up a little too much. As far as I know he was a drug counsellor. From what he says during his time he gave up on people that were 'just bad apples'. This same religious perspective comes into play here. No such thing as a purely evil person (as far as can be proved)Broken beyond repair possibly... But that judgement should not be made based on religious preconceptions of good and evil but rather by the small amount we know of human psychology.
Gold: 32,161.71
Oct 16 2014 12:14am
Not mentally mature enough to be tried as an adult despite some people's claims of evil and demons

With that said, he needs to be institutionalized without a doubt.
Gold: 0.76
Oct 16 2014 05:34am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 15 Oct 2014 18:43)
...first of all I really don't care what makes you sad and yes , this boys murderous actions were a manifestation of evil .

I didn't read this carefully the first time, are you saying that the boy was evil and in being evil his actions were evil? or are you saying something evil caused these hideous actions that a 10 year old boy normally wouldn't do ?

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 15 Oct 2014 19:00)
...back in 97 or 98 the press got a chance to talk to the father of the Pearl , Mississippi school shooter . When asked about his childs involvement his first reply was " this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased " ...the stare back into the camera was enough to make my skin crawl . Some of us recognize pure evil when it happens , most would rather not .

All this proves is that the Dad was way off kilter and had read the bible.

I know there is no such thing as evil, I think we sometimes like to use it as an excuse for behavior that scares us, because sometimes the bad things could happen to us, and sometimes the silicone switch in our head could get switched to overload.

Gold: 7,252.72
Oct 16 2014 05:57am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 16 2014 07:34am)
I didn't read this carefully the first time, are you saying that the boy was evil and in being evil his actions were evil? or are you saying something evil caused these hideous actions that a 10 year old boy normally wouldn't do ?

All this proves is that the Dad was way off kilter and had read the bible.

I know there is no such thing as evil, I think we sometimes like to use it as an excuse for behavior that scares us,  because sometimes  the bad things could happen to us, and sometimes the silicone switch in our head could get switched to overload.

...don't know how many times I have to say it for you to get it but I'll try it one more time ...the boys actions were evil and he was clearly under the influence of the force I recognize as evil...he has been given over to evil ...he is an evil person .
Oct 16 2014 06:14am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 16 Oct 2014 06:57)
...don't know how many times I have to say it for you to get it but I'll try it one more time ...the boys actions were evil and he was clearly under the influence of the force I recognize as evil...he has been given over to evil ...he is an evil person .

so in your mind He is possessed?

would you say this happened to him willingly( did he invite evil?) or did your version of evil just choose him to overtake?
Oct 16 2014 06:25am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 16 2014 08:14am)
so in your mind He is possessed?

would you say this happened to him willingly( did he invite evil?) or did your version of evil just choose him to overtake?

...once more your lack of Biblical knowledge is on display . There exists both influence and possession and I have no way of knowing which was at work in this kid nor can I know how it came to be in him . He may have opened himself to it or he may be afflicted as a result of the actions and beliefs of others around him . It is not my version of evil , it is the Biblical truth of the existence of evil as a living force . Whatever manifestation of evil is present in him I also believe it can be removed but this does not free him from the earthly punishment he deserves .
Oct 16 2014 07:13am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 16 Oct 2014 07:25)
...once more your lack of Biblical knowledge is on display . There exists both influence and possession and I have no way of knowing which was at work in this kid nor can I know how it came to be in him . He may have opened himself to it or he may be afflicted as a result of the actions and beliefs of others around him . It is not my version of evil , it is the Biblical truth of the existence of evil as a living force . Whatever manifestation of evil is present in him I also believe it can be removed but this does not free him from the earthly punishment he deserves .

I bow to your superior knowledge of biblical references to evil, your complete lack of empathy when you yourself raise the possibility of outside influences speaks to your lack of understanding the last covenant
I understand what forgiveness , and love for my fellow man is.

Oct 16 2014 07:20am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 16 2014 09:13am)
I bow to your superior knowledge of biblical references to evil, your complete lack of empathy when you yourself raise the possibility of outside influences speaks to your lack of understanding the last covenant
I understand what forgiveness , and love for my fellow man is.

...you have no idea what you are talking about , literally none . You spew mostly humanistic claptrap that bears no resemblance to Biblical teaching .
Gold: 1,272.50
Oct 16 2014 07:55am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ 16 Oct 2014 06:13)
[B]I understand what forgiveness , and love for my fellow man is[/B].

No you don't you're a ex-minister.. lol

This post was edited by HighschoolTurd on Oct 16 2014 07:55am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll