d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Wealth Redistribution > How Bad Would It Be Really?
Prev191011121314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Oct 13 2014 09:48am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 13 2014 10:29am)
I certainly don't envy your greed I don't place the importance on money that you seem to, as far as you thinking that mouthfucking you means taking something from you, rest assured You'd be getting a deposit honey.

caught you b4 the edit

Yep greed is working for something and being upset at some nitwits taking it away and giving it to people who literally go out of their way to earn nothing and take everything they can.

Nailed it.
10/10
5 stars
A+
Gold: 500.00
Oct 13 2014 10:15am
Quote (Mastersam93 @ Oct 13 2014 10:21am)
I used to work with a guy who thought we should completely redistribute the wealth so everyone had the same amount of money.  His rationale was "the people that deserve more money would just get rich again."

yea now that's just insane
Gold: 1.00
Oct 13 2014 12:18pm
Quote (Mangix @ Oct 13 2014 08:48am)
Yep greed is working for something and being upset at some nitwits taking it away and giving it to people who literally go out of their way to earn nothing and take everything they can.

Nailed it.
10/10
5 stars
A+

You lack decent faith in the average person. If we pulled a trillion out of the military industrial complex and allocated that money to education, social programs, and cultural awareness, then I fail to see the how that would negatively impact society.

You probably opposed food stamps. Absolutely barbaric.
Oct 13 2014 12:22pm
Quote (Comus @ Oct 13 2014 01:18pm)
You lack decent faith in the average person. If we pulled a trillion out of the military industrial complex and allocated that money to education, social programs, and cultural awareness, then I fail to see the how that would negatively impact society.

You probably opposed food stamps. Absolutely barbaric.

Absolutely none of your post is relevant to mine or accurate about me soooo

Oct 13 2014 12:30pm
Quote (Mangix @ Oct 13 2014 11:22am)

http://www.troll.me/images/trololo/guess-what-i-dont-give-a-fuck.jpg

Yeah. Real mature.

The promotion of education, social programs, and cultural awareness is entirely relevant to the redistribution of wealth in a conscious way.

some nitwits taking it away and giving it to people who literally go out of their way to earn nothing and take everything they can.

And it's pretty clear you don't think very highly of the lower class.

nice dodge tho, pretty sure you get a +1

This post was edited by Comus on Oct 13 2014 12:35pm
Oct 13 2014 12:40pm
Quote (Comus @ Oct 13 2014 01:30pm)
Yeah. Real mature.

The promotion of education, social programs, and cultural awareness is entirely relevant to the redistribution of wealth in a conscious way.

And it's pretty clear you don't think very highly of the lower class.

nice dodge tho, pretty sure you get a +1

Redistributing wealth is not the same as stopping military funding and pushing it towards your bullshit programs. "cultural awareness" jesus fucking christ...
If anything, that would be redistributing funding... So yep, irrelevant, and even more so when the post you quoted was not about military funding in the slightest...!

I was referring to specific people, mainly the piece of shit people my age who go out of their way to reject society, then spend all day bumming money for pot. And yes they do exist, but of course are not the "majority" by any means. I would give up to probably 60-65% of my earnings away if I was able to choose the area to which they go. But alas I am not and instead am stuck paying thousands in taxes every year to things like "cultural awareness" (queue the jesus fucking christ)
Gold: 0.76
Oct 13 2014 01:01pm
Quote (Mangix @ 13 Oct 2014 13:22)

http://www.troll.me/images/trololo/guess-what-i-dont-give-a-fuck.jpg

You're a 24 year old boy I doubt you even own a house yet, you probably leeched off of Daddy's insurance through most of collage.

you haven't lived enough life to pull off this arrogant attitude, someday and I sincerely hope it never happens

life could sneak up and grab you by the sack and give a mighty squeeze. You could find yourself needing a helping hand from Uncle Sam.

It'S embarrassing to need and receive aid and you'll find most of the people feel that way, it's belittling and demoralizing .

sure there are some people that abuse the system, and of course they're the ones we hear about,

I don't think that the welfare cheats cost as much as the one percent group do with their tax cheats and over seas accounts.

So sure tap them for some greenbacks I'm sure a majority of the upper crust aren't first generation rich anyway, it's not like they earned the money, they were just a lucky sperm.
Oct 13 2014 01:07pm
Military budget cuts were a proposition.

Cultural awareness is another phrase for art.

Pot should be subsidized by the government, not meat and corn syrup.

Those piece of shit people are probably engaging in more drug use than pot.

I do believe that in a technologically advanced society people are entitled to decent living; especially the distribution of non-consumable resources such as education and entertainment.
Oct 13 2014 01:48pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 13 2014 02:01pm)
You're a 24 year old boy  I doubt you even own a house yet, you probably leeched off of Daddy's insurance through most of collage.

you haven't lived enough life to pull off this arrogant attitude, someday and I sincerely hope itnever happens

life could sneak up and grab you by the sack and give a mighty squeeze. You could find yourself needing a helping hand from Uncle Sam.

It'S embarrassing to need and receive aid and you'll find most of the people feel that way, it's belittling and demoralizing .

sure there are some people that abuse the system, and of course they're the ones we hear about,

I don't think that the welfare cheats cost as much as the one percent group do with their tax cheats and over seas accounts.

So sure tap them for some greenbacks I'm sure a majority of the upper crust aren't first generation rich anyway, it's not like they earned the money, they were just a lucky sperm.

Yay for more irrelevant and inaccurate dribble!
Don't let age fool you please, it means absolutely nothing outside of maybe having to wear a suit to get a little more respect from people older than you.

I don't have insurance of any kind outside of car insurance.
I had a disaster plan that I had been paying for since I was 18, when I told my father to cut me out of his family plan so that it would save him 200 a month, but that plan was no longer available at the start of 2014. I could have signed up for a new plan, but thanks to certain acts that is now about 2.9x the price. So in the mean time I've just been saving up money in case of an emergency where I need to pay out of pocket for any surgeries in the 10-50k range. If it goes outside of that scope, I'm not entirely sure what I'll do, but I'm rather resourceful. And also have been paying out of pocket for dental for quite some time now.

You're right I don't own a house because its not worth investing money into, the housing market is still not done collapsing yet and I don't plan on buying until prices actually hit reality instead of floating in bubble-land. I rent a really nice place for about $280 a month like a smart person instead. Though there was recently a 100 acre plot of land up for sale that I was looking into, it didn't have a fence set up on about 70% of it though so I pretty much cast it aside.

I didn't go to college. Well I went for a year, then decided I don't need to yet, and the job I want long term is not high paying so I don't plan on continuing college until I can completely pay for it out of pocket and have plenty of funding to live a nice life with said low paying job post college. I would like to work with endangered animal species as a life job, but currently teaching Microsoft courses.

I can be arrogant about whatever the fuck I please. I worked hard and created a plan for success to get to where I am. I started interning while I was still in high school and immediately post high school got the certifications I needed and started the "low end" job while doing the year of college, that I knew would evolve into a much better one down the road. And it has all paid off fairly well.

If I wanted to I could have simply not filled my taxes since 2010, and simply closed my business down and the IRS more than likely wouldn't even have noticed or looked into it, but I didn't.
I am not fundamentally opposed to helping those in need in the slightest. I am opposed to it being wasted the way it currently is though, and no I don't mean the few douche bags who game the welfare system.

As an example of waste
Up until last year the lovely stimulus money was still flowing through the military where they were just looking for ways to literally waste money. Most of the classes I taught were on military bases for their IT, and pretty much 100% of it was ENTIRELY useless. They decided to enact a policy where pretty much anyone in IT needed certain certifications, even though those people were never going to touch the software they were learning about. It seemed as though everyone in the classes was fully aware of this too.
I know each class I taught was around $8k per student in fees, and was typically of classes of 15. I was probably 1 of 40 instructors teaching the same courses. And probably taught a good 25-ish military jobs in 2011 and 2012. So on me alone, not counting the other instructors there was somewhere in the 3 million dollar range purely wasted.

Oh and they also paid for proctors for testing which was somewhere around 2k per job + a facility to train in, etc.
Gold: 500.00
Oct 13 2014 02:02pm
Quote (Mangix @ Oct 13 2014 02:48pm)
I rent a really nice place for about $280 a month like a smart person instead.

what in the fk??????? how and where did you get a place for 280 a month?

do you have pictures?

This post was edited by duffman316 on Oct 13 2014 02:02pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev191011121314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll