d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Wealth Redistribution > How Bad Would It Be Really?
Prev1789101114Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,470.03
Oct 12 2014 01:09pm

This thread reminds me of the credits for "the other guy" No idea if their stats are accurate but it seems legit.
Gold: 752.10
Oct 12 2014 01:33pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 12 2014 11:13am)
I think it is okay for CEOs to make insane amounts of money as long as we're measuring things in dollars.  The problem is when bad CEOs hang in at places who provide what have been deemed essential goods and services, which was our justification to bailing out the banks (too big to fail, systemic risk).  What happened during the crash is still a matter of debate and there are many different valid perspectives on the matter.  One thing I haven't heard is a good defense as to why people like Jamie Dimon get to hang on to their jobs and indeed get rewarded with riches beyond the pale while his actions have caused many Americans to lose their jobs homes.

I try to make sense of it all sometimes.

The problem is they are compensated in methods that are inadequately taxed. I would love to be compensated in the form of stocks. The company I am working for isn't volatile, even if they were to drop 10% in value, I would still have more take home pay because of how taxes are structured.
Gold: 500.00
Oct 12 2014 01:37pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 12 2014 12:13pm)
I think it is okay for CEOs to make insane amounts of money as long as we're measuring things in dollars.  The problem is when bad CEOs hang in at places who provide what have been deemed essential goods and services, which was our justification to bailing out the banks (too big to fail, systemic risk).  What happened during the crash is still a matter of debate and there are many different valid perspectives on the matter.  One thing I haven't heard is a good defense as to why people like Jamie Dimon get to hang on to their jobs and indeed get rewarded with riches beyond the pale while his actions have caused many Americans to lose their jobs homes.

if there was a box with a button on it and by pressing that button i could kill this fellow, i would
Gold: 14.88
Oct 12 2014 03:05pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Oct 12 2014 11:37am)
if there was a box with a button on it and by pressing that button i could kill this fellow, i would

Easy with the sharp edges, kiddo.
Gold: 2,617.52
Oct 12 2014 03:23pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 12 2014 01:13pm)

Imho - Capitalism rewards you if others' survival relies on yours. Those that know how to order people desires (usually money at the end of the day) such that they are used efficiently and fulfill (collective) desires effectively will be rewarded the most. Long story short: "you (collectively) chose this". Every customer goes in knowing what he gives up for what he wants.

Gold: 633.87
Oct 12 2014 09:10pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 12 2014 12:33am)
Kind of simplistic, it's largely stocks, even the most expensive houses go for a few tens of millions of dollars, cars, planes, etc. are a fraction of that.  Really we need to handle the income problem, if we fix the income issue over time wealth will even out.

The problem isn't income, most people earn a fine income and are just spending t all. The problem is skills and the growing obsolescence of a large part of the labor force.
Gold: 752.10
Oct 12 2014 09:13pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Oct 12 2014 09:10pm)
The problem isn't income, most people earn a fine income and are just spending t all. The problem is skills and the growing obsolescence of a large part of the labor force.

No the problem is lack of taxation.
Gold: 0.76
Oct 13 2014 06:42am
Quote (bogie160 @ 12 Oct 2014 22:10)

When more than fifteen percent of the US. house holds are below the poverty level, and with the number of working poor growing every day.

Also with most of the jobs that have kept the unemployment figures flat for the summer now ending. How can the problem not be about income?

And just how has the labor force grown in obsolescence? Has it been by letting most of the major industrial and manufacturing jobs go overseas?

Gold: 25.00
Oct 13 2014 06:53am
the envy in this thread is through the god damn roof
someone open a window :bouncy:

Like hell I'm giving some lazy fucking hippy kid shit I earn while hes busy protesting society on the side of the road.

Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 13 2014 07:42am)
When more than fifteen percent of the US. house holds are below the poverty level, and with the number of working poor growing every day.

Also with most of the jobs that have kept the unemployment figures flat for the summer now ending. How can the problem not be about income?

And just how has the labor force grown in obsolescence? Has it been by letting most of the major industrial and manufacturing jobs go overseas?

When they stop altering the 'poverty level' every time an Iphone comes out, I'm sure someone will stop and care.

This post was edited by Mangix on Oct 13 2014 06:56am
Gold: 500.00
Oct 13 2014 06:55am
Quote (bogie160 @ Oct 12 2014 10:10pm)

income is a major problem when you're forced to live off government support - tax payers have to chip in to support the workforce of very large and extremely profitable companies like walmart, mcdonalds etc. who rake in billion dollar profits each year while paying their employees diddly squat

if i had things my way mcdonalds would be fined a fixed percentage of the amount their employees are leeching off tax payers

Quote (Mangix @ Oct 13 2014 07:53am)
the envy in this thread is through the god damn roof
someone open a window  :bouncy:

Like hell I'm giving some lazy fucking hippy kid shit I earn while hes busy protesting society on the side of the road.

provided you have a job or are self employed you already do, the idea here is the more you rake in the more you give back

This post was edited by duffman316 on Oct 13 2014 07:08am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789101114Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll