d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > We Need A New Religion > I Will Be Its Prophet
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,841.00
Sep 11 2014 01:05pm
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ Sep 11 2014 12:22am)
By this logic, you believe in no ultimate Justice.

And with no ultimate justice, what's the point of living or caring for others?

doesn't take an invisible dude to make me do good in this life, who gives a shit about ultimate justice? Just act right and do good so you sleep better and help those you love live a more enjoyable life? duh?
Gold: 287,660.50
Sep 11 2014 01:20pm
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ Sep 11 2014 12:22am)

well said, here to help illustrate what ultimate Justice is, you're welcome bro

Gold: 10.77
Sep 11 2014 01:31pm
Antichrist will unite the world under a single government and a prophet will arise to create a new global religion that everyone will either follow or die.

Source: the Holy Bible.
Gold: 0.20
Sep 11 2014 04:11pm
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ Sep 10 2014 11:22pm)

door.jpg
Gold: 14.88
Sep 12 2014 04:42am
As far as civilian bombings go, the dropping of Fat Man and Little Boy aren't too extravagant. I'm pretty sure the casualties of the bombing of those cities are on par with the fire bombing of Tokyo.

Moreover, it wasn't a decision by any Christian institution to drop those bombs. And the total number of casualties as a result of atomic bombing in history is so laughably small.

Now a Godless, atheistic heathen country like the Soviet Union killing millions in brutal camps and bringing the world to the brink of nuclear annihilation in the 1960s (a result of the actions your hero Che played a large role in) is a bit more disturbing.

You worship Che, a Cuban Missile Crisis Enabler. You sicken me and your cult is one of death and hatred towards the United States.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 12 2014 05:49am
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Sep 12 2014 02:42am)
As far as civilian bombings go, the dropping of Fat Man and Little Boy aren't too extravagant. I'm pretty sure the casualties of the bombing of those cities are on par with the fire bombing of Tokyo.

We killed at least 80,000 civilians in the first B-29 air raids on Tokyo in 1944. 80,000 is the high estimate for Hiroshima.

So yeah. I don't see the argument when you compare conventional bombings in WWII to nukes. The only one that comes to mind is deformed babies born after the war ended, but that never comes up.
Gold: 2,900.49
Sep 12 2014 10:23am
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Sep 12 2014 10:42am)

Moreover, it wasn't a decision by any Christian institution to drop those bombs. And the total number of casualties as a result of atomic bombing in history is so laughably small.

Now a Godless, atheistic heathen country like the Soviet Union killing millions in brutal camps and bringing the world to the brink of nuclear annihilation in the 1960s (a result of the actions your hero Che played a large role in) is a bit more disturbing.

You worship Che, a Cuban Missile Crisis Enabler. You sicken me and your cult is one of death and hatred towards the United States.

What's that one fallacy, which is basically "oh X isn't that bad because Y is worse"? Red herring? This is a lesson in that fallacy.

I'd argue that the Soviet Union and my beloved Che's Cuba both needed new religions, as well, and would have volunteered to be their prophet as well but the truth is I don't give a fuck about either of those countries or their government, so I focused on the single worst deed our government and nation has ever done (in my opinion, excluding possibility the execution of innocent individuals domestically), to make a point. As I've argued I consider that America with a Christian President (and Christian Presidents on either side of him, historically as well). Hell, those cocksuckers voted to put "In God We Trust" on our money after those bombings, the fucking balls of those people.

Laughably small? The death in the time period of the atomic bomb's detonation dwarfs any single amount of human death at any point in the species' history, I'm pretty sure, and the reason was a calculated decision by a group of human beings, not a disaster or an alien invasion (which would be among the only other things capable of an action).

Gold: 6.66
Sep 12 2014 11:33am
Quote (balrog66 @ Sep 10 2014 09:27pm)
I can remember from this fictional story that tried to put the point across that the scientists should have kept the nuclear bomb hidden from the politicians. Of course, that wasn't a valid strategy at the time (arms race and all), but it is imo a good strategy for any scientist who creates something that can be used in such horrific ways.

From my point of view the atomic bombs might not have been necessary, but not acting against Japan would have resulted in more deaths. Plus it wasn't like other cities weren't pretty much destroyed in similar ways (Dresden, Rotterdam, Hamburg, Tokyo, etc), just with more bombs.

I don't have any clue what JC would think of nukes, they weren't around when he was alive.

Nukes just have a lot more intimidation factor than conventional mass scale bombing, which will probably result in greater aircraft casualties (in ww2). This is just from the point of view of military utility. I wouldn't mind having less ways of killing lots of people, especially when we as humans have control over our agencies.
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 12 2014 12:17pm
Quote (Kamahl16 @ Sep 12 2014 11:23am)
What's that one fallacy, which is basically "oh X isn't that bad because Y is worse"? Red herring? This is a lesson in that fallacy.

I'd argue that the Soviet Union and my beloved Che's Cuba both needed new religions, as well, and would have volunteered to be their prophet as well but the truth is I don't give a fuck about either of those countries or their government, so I focused on the single worst deed our government and nation has ever done (in my opinion, excluding possibility the execution of innocent individuals domestically), to make a point. As I've argued I consider that America with a Christian President (and Christian Presidents on either side of him, historically as well). Hell, those cocksuckers voted to put "In God We Trust" on our money after those bombings, the fucking balls of those people.

Laughably small? The death in the time period of the atomic bomb's detonation dwarfs any single amount of human death at any point in the species' history, I'm pretty sure, and the reason was a calculated decision by a group of human beings, not a disaster or an alien invasion (which would be among the only other things capable of an action).

Christianity has a just war tradition and the bombings ended the war, most likely saving lives in the long run.
Gold: 152.00
Sep 12 2014 01:03pm
Quote (Kamahl16 @ Sep 12 2014 12:23pm)

Dunno the name but yes that is a perfect example.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll