d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > My 2014 Mock Draft 3.0 > Round 2 Added
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.27
Oct 8 2013 05:02pm
Draft order was taken from here - http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2014.php

As usual, feel free to comment, critique, ask questions, etc.

Round 1
1. Jacksonville (0-5) – Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
The Jaguars and their fans have to be ready to give up on Gabbert by now. Henne isn’t much of an upgrade. Get the top rated QB in this class, build around him and move forward. They have a ton of pieces already but without a QB, they won’t be doing anything.

2. Tampa Bay (0-5) – Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson
Tampa says goodbye to Dominik, goodbye Schiano, welcome to the bench Mr. Glennon and welcome to your new home Tajh Boyd.

3. New York Giants (0-5) – Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
Although there might be better prospects available, the Giants’ desperately need help on the OLine. If they can open holes for the run game and keep Eli upright, they can right a lot of the wrong in that organization.

4. Pittsburgh (0-5) – Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
Just like the Giants, the Steelers’ should probably go with Clowney or Barr but they need to fix that OL. Lewan is actually my favorite OL piece in this draft but he’ll most likely go second to Matthews.

5. Atlanta (1-4) – Jadeveon Clowney, DE/OLB, South Carolina
Atlanta really lucks out here, although I don’t agree with him being the top player in this draft, Clowney is the consensus top talent this year and he fills a massive need for the Falcons. They are getting a little bit better pass rush now but it’s still an area of concern. I can see them standing Clowney up and using him like Denver uses Von Miller and Clowney does have the potential to make the kind of impact Von did his rookie year.

6. St. Louis - from Washington (1-3) – Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
Well isn’t this familiar. Last year it was get Bradford some weapons and protect Bradford. This year, it’s get Bradford some weapons and protect him. Although Austin is a talented receiver, he’s a slot guy. Watkins is an outside deep threat who can make all the catches.

7. Minnesota (1-3) – Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
They did get Floyd but they’ll likely need another DT because Williams will most likely be gone. Floyd and Nix can be the best DT duo in the league easily.

8. Carolina (1-3) – Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA
With Beason gone, the Panthers will look to replace him. Barr is more your prototypical edge rusher but with the way Denver has had such success using Von Miller, I feel, like the Falcons with Clowney too, a lot of teams, including the Panthers here, will try and replicate that mold.

9. Buffalo (2-3) – Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
The thought may be for Buffalo to go with some secondary help. Well, their secondary held up pretty damn well against Flacco and the Ravens. With that said, the Bills decide to hold off on that and go for the big, talented TE from Washington, giving EJ Manuel a huge safety blanket and red zone threat.

10. St. Louis (2-3) – Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
Jake Long regressing at an incredibly fast rate (and unable to stay healthy) and Saffold being a free agent, the Rams will need to address the position. Get Bradford weapons and keep him upright.

11. Philadelphia (2-3) – Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
Purifoy was recently injured but it seems to be nothing. He’s big, physical and on par with guys like Patrick Peterson and Morris Claiborne when they were coming out of college. He does have some off the field issues which could be a huge red flag but if he can keep his shit together and continue to play well, he can easily be the next big time corner which Philly desperately needs.

12. Oakland (2-3) – Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
This is an odd one right now. Oakland is still in need of just talent. They could go Roby (corner out of Ohio State) or maybe Hageman (DT, Minnesota) but the elect to get Pryor a true #1 weapon in Evans. Evans is drawing comparisons to Vincent Jackson so that could be a major help in Pryor’s development and thus, the Raiders’ success.

13. San Diego (2-3) – Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
The Chargers simply cannot move forward with the secondary they have now. They need to stop making average QBs look like super stars.

14. Houston (2-3) – Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
I tried to just copy and paste my last entry which said: “Keeping the boy in Texas. Schaub leads the Texans to yet another disappointing playoff loss (if they even get to the playoffs) and they finally decide to get his replacement.” And I can’t even use that because Schaub will not be leading them anywhere lol.

15. Green Bay (2-2) – Haha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
Go ahead, name a Packers’ starting safety right now, I’ll wait…..no, that one guy who got torched all game is not a name, although an accurate description. Anyway, you see where I’m going here.

16. Cleveland (3-2) – Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
No offensive weapons worth taking, I was told to not mock any pass rushers here so the Browns upgrade Buster Skrine (don’t feel bad, I had to look him up too) starting across from Haden.

17. Tennessee (3-2) – Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
The Titans continued to boast about how they wanted a top notch, franchise level corner. Well they didn’t get one last year so with a lack of other needs available at this pick, they go with Roberson. He’s not one of the top corners in this draft, but he’s definitely no push over and can be the foundation for a solid secondary.

18. Arizona (3-2) – Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA
This is a fun one to mock for a few reasons. First and foremost, THANK GOD! The Cardinals finally invest in a young, franchise QB early on in a draft. Second, Hundley is from Chandler, Arizona, always fun to see guys go home in my opinion at least.

19. New York Jets (3-2) – Marqise Lee, WR, USC
The Jets may want to shy away from USC products but at least it’s not a QB. Lee is a very talented receiver and with Santonio Holmes’ time likely over in New York, they’ll need another weapon to pair with Stephen Hill for Geno Smith.

20. Chicago (3-2) – Ra’shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
Melton tore his ACL and is a free agent so instead of keeping him the Bears go with Hageman at this pick who is also the BPA.

21. Dallas (2-3) – Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo
Honestly, who the fuck knows? I’m going go with most people and assume that Jerry Jones realizes the Cowboys need some help on the DL. But what will most likely happen is the Cowboys will trade down to the end of the first and draft a third round level receiver or something.

22. Miami (3-2) – Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
If I recall correctly, Tannehill has been sacked more than any QB in the league not playing for the Jaguars. Martin is solid, but he’s a RT in this league. Richardson might have some growing to do but he can definitely turn into a top notch starting left tackle in this league. As said, he’s not at the same level as the top tackles at the moment, but he has tons of potential. In 2012, Dallas Thomas was a very solid tackle prospect for the Volunteers, Richardson played at such a high level and so well than they moved Thomas inside to guard so Richardson could play LT.

23. Cincinnati (3-2) – C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama
Dan said it was a need and a want of his. Good enough for me. :) Plus it makes a ton of sense haha.

24. Detroit (3-2) – Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
After a long list of failing WR2s, the Lions finally their Starscream to go with Megatron.

25. Baltimore (3-2) – Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
Big, physical receiver with good hands and runs tight routes. The only issue is his size and speed. He’s big, 6’6’’, 220 and looks like a tight end. If he can prove he has the speed to play receiver, we could be looking at the next big name wide receiver in the NFL.

26. San Francisco (3-2) – Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State
Who knows what awaits Aldon Smith in the future? The Niners protect their largest weapon (their defense) by filling the gap left by Smith with another dynamic pass rusher.

27. Cleveland - from Indianapolis (4-1) – Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
The Browns are apparently going to go ham trying to get Ben Tate, but what if he never even becomes a free agent? Or wants to sign somewhere else? Seastrunk is the best running back in this draft as of right now and with a ton of QBs still available, they can wait until the second round to get one (or see how Brian Hoyer recovers).

28. New England (4-1) – Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
Who the hell knows if Gronk will ever stay healthy at this point. He’s a freaking meat head and for whatever reason, refuses to heal up (case in point right now, he’s trying to come back, Pats are saying no). But, even if he is back, there’s no Hernandez. Now, I do have a hard time making this selection with Anthony Johnson (DT, LSU) still on the board but the Patriots have some young DTs already, they’re just rookies themselves this year so they’re still growing.

29. Seattle (4-1) – Cameron Erving, OT, Florida State
Quote (Meeker @ Sep 27 2013 12:51am)
We have pretty glaring need(s) on the oline…..If the value is close, I'd like to see us grab an OT that can start at RT (Giacomini is a FA), but move over to LT Okung goes down.

Makes sense, player makes sense for the spot value wise, fills the need by someone who knows better than me.

30. Kansas City (5-0) – Kyle Van Noy, DE/OLB, BYU
While the Chiefs’ have a dominate defense, they could still use a dynamic difference maker along the offensive line. Van Noy can be that guy. I’m not sure how he’ll fend as an end in a 3-4 though, he’s always been an OLB but I think he has the talent to make the transition.

31. New Orleans (5-0) – Anthony Johnson, DT/DE, LSU
The Saints are doing will with their new 3-4 defense but they still need some pieces. Anthony Johnson can be a Darnell Dockett type player (not skill wise [not that it’d be a surprise if he did become that good or better] but in the way the Cardinals use Dockett).

32. Denver (5-0) – A.J. Johnson, ILB, Tennessee
There aren’t many things the Broncos need but a true MLB is one of them. Johnson can lock down that spot and help create an elite defense to go with the premier offense in the NFL.

Round 2
1. Jacksonville (0-5) –Cyril Richardson, G/OT, Baylor
New franchise QB, have to protect him. Moved Monroe, Joeckel went down but he can be a NFL left tackle when he’s back to full strength so they still need a right tackle and/or could upgrade the inside. Richardson can play either guard spot or right tackle.

2. Tampa Bay (0-5) – Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon
If Lyerla wasn’t battling injuries and illness, he could be fighting with Seferian-Jenkins and Ebron for the top TE spot in this draft. He’s big, physical, athletic, fast and has good hands. He’ll make a great safety blanket for Boyd.

3. New York Giants (0-5) – Trent Murphy, DE/OLB, Stanford
They passed on Clowney to bolster their offensive line, which is a good move in my opinion because this draft has a lot more pass rushing talent then offensive line talent. Murphy is talented enough to play on the end of the line for the Giants or stand up and be a weakside backer.

4. Pittsburgh (0-5) – Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU
The Steelers don’t have that receiver who can stretch the field now that Wallace is gone. Beckham has incredible speed and unlike Wallace, he has great hands too.

5. Atlanta (1-4) – Christian Jones, LB, Florida State
Atlanta’s linebacker corps is pretty shitty to say the least, they could spend multiple picks in this year’s draft addressing the front 7 as a whole.

6. Washington (1-3) – Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
The worst pass defense in the league will probably spend a pick or two on some secondary players, right?

7. Minnesota (1-3) – Vic Beasley, DE, Clemson
Jared Allen very well could leave in free agency so the Vikings will need to address that massive hole left behind.

8. Carolina (1-3) – Cody Hoffman, WR, BYU
Steve Smith is getting old, Brandon LaFell isn’t developing at the pace many (myself very much included) thought and their offense is struggling. With their defense emerging as a potent weapon for them, the Panthers can help Cam Newton with a new target.

9. Buffalo (2-3) – Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
Although the Bills pass defense has been able to somewhat hold its own, they still need to look at addressing it in the draft.

10. St. Louis (2-3) – Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
Cortland Finnegan is a freaking bum who can’t cover anyone and has more flags thrown on him than tackles each game.

11. Philadelphia (2-3) – Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss
With Maclin in his contract year and coming off an ACL tear, the Eagles may go in a different direction (or Maclin may walk….figuratively and literally lol) so a replacement will be needed.

12. Oakland (2-3) – Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington
McFadden will likely walk (if the Raiders even want to try and keep him) so they will need to find a new star runningback. Sankey has been one of the best backs in college football, he could definitely help an up and coming Raiders offense.

13. San Diego (2-3) – Adrian Hubbard, DE/OLB, Alabama
Freeney is not the long term solution for the Chargers desperate need for pass rushing help.

14. Houston (2-3) – Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State
There is still massive uncertainty for the Texans at the ILB spot.

15. Green Bay (2-2) – Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut
With Bishop gone and Hawk showing his age, the Packers need to address the middle of their linebacking group.

16. Cleveland (3-2) – A.J. McCarron, QB, Alabama
Hoyer may have looked good but they’ll still need to get a young QB at some point. This draft is so deep with QB talent though they could possible wait longer but McCarron has nice value here.

17. Tennessee (3-2) – Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
The Titans double dip at corner to truly fix their secondary. Well, it might not fix it but it’s a much better attempt than anything they’ve done thus far.

18. Arizona (3-2) – Xavier Su’a-Filo, G, UCLA
Arizona soon might be called the UCLA Cardinals on offense with Hundley, Su’A-Filo and Franklin. Su’a-Filo is the top guard in this draft. If he declares, he probably will go in the first round but if he falls, Arizona would be wise to snatch him up. No OT makes sense here and Bradley Sowell held his own vs Carolina (not allowing a sack or being a liability at any point in time).

19. New York Jets (3-2) – Craig Loston, S, LSU
The Jets’ defense is pretty rock solid but their safeties could definitely be upgraded as their only real potential liability.

20. Chicago (3-2) – Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
Tillman and Jennings are both on expiring contracts. They probably won’t be able to keep both so they will need to address the position.

21. Dallas (2-3) – Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia
Don’t hate me too much for this one Cowboy fans, it’s just a feeling pick. It will probably, most likely change next week, but we shall see.

22. Miami (3-2) – De’Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon
The Miami backs haven’t shown much of anything thus far. Thomas may not be an every down back but he can play a Darren Sproles type role for Miami which would be huge for them.

23. Cincinnati (3-2) – Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas
The Bengals have got the most they can out of their corners but they have to get younger at the position eventually.

24. Detroit (3-2) – Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech
Slay and Bentley have been disappointing thus far and unless they can turn it around, the Lions may start looking towards the draft for other young options.

25. Baltimore (3-2) – David Yankey, OT, Stanford
Yankey has been impressive so far for Stanford at left tackle. If he continues to improve, don’t expect to see him available here. But, if he is, the Ravens will have to take him to help their OLine.

26. San Francisco (3-2) – Stephon Tuitt, DE/DT, Notre Dame
The Niners’ continue to add talented youth and depth to their defense.

27. Indianapolis (4-1) – Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas
The Colts still need a dominate pass rushing presence on their defense.

28. New England (4-1) – Ka’Deem Carey, RB, Arizona
Carey is the top back in this draft in my opinion. New England will finally have a 3 down back that can make all the runs, block well and be another receiver for Brady out of the backfield instead of having a group of backs who can only do one or two of those things.

29. Seattle (4-1) – Bryan Stork, G/C, Florida
Seattle double dips on offensive lineman and grab themselves a versatile talent in Stork who can play all 3 inside positions.

30. San Francisco - from Kansas City (5-0) – Stephen Morris, QB, Miami
The Niners have so many damn picks again that they can afford to make luxury picks like this. Morris is a great talent and can easily be flipped for a better pick in a year or two.

31. New Orleans (5-0) – Jeremiah Attaochu, DE/OLB, Georgia Tech
The Saints continue to bolster their new 3-4 defense with another young, versatile pass rusher.

32. Denver (5-0) – Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
The only real weakness for the Broncos’ offense is their guards, and it’s not even that big of a weakness. At the worst, Jackson is will be one of the best offensive line depth guys in the league.

Previous mocks:

2014 v1.0: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=68890136&f=204
2014 v2.0: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=68924563&f=204

2013 Final Mock: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67113792&f=204
2013 Draft Analysis: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67228920&f=204

2012 Draft Analysis: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=62247355&f=204
Gold: 15.80
Oct 8 2013 05:06pm
i laughed at the finnegan reference :lol:

i really hope we get a top 7 pick outta Washington... and i'd love an Ot + BIG Wr in the first round.
Gold: 16,602.98
Oct 8 2013 05:18pm
If Hundley declares he's going top-5, though we could end up picking there considering I'm at the point where I almost want Derek Anderson back.

Also don't think Greg McElroy, I mean AJ McCarron(sorry, get these college game managers for the best team in the nation mixed up) fits Chudz scheme at all. Much like our Cards I'm looking at Zach Mettenberger(LSU) and Jeff Matthews(Cornell) as guys who they'll put alot of time into scouting and if they like them, they'll go early. Oddly enough personality-wise they're almost polar opposites.
Gold: 0.68
Oct 8 2013 05:54pm
Lyerla quit on Oregon, gotta be a red flag for teams
Gold: 99.00
Oct 8 2013 05:55pm
agreed with the bucs pick
Gold: 1,120.01
Oct 8 2013 06:59pm
Lee would be great
Gold: 6,313.21
Oct 8 2013 07:04pm
Packers safeties have looked bad because Burnett was injured. Sunday was his first game this year.
Gold: 161.95
Warn: 90%
Oct 8 2013 08:14pm
Just a question why do you have the cowboys so late with a worse record then the 3-2 teams
Gold: 23,000.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 8 2013 08:51pm
I think the hawks will take an olb/de in the second.
Although they need to fix that line, maybe even a huge Calvin Johnson sized wr.
Gold: 0.27
Oct 8 2013 09:17pm
Quote (JackSoniSRaW @ Oct 8 2013 07:14pm)
Just a question why do you have the cowboys so late with a worse record then the 3-2 teams

Very first line.

Quote (Randolph @ Oct 8 2013 04:02pm)
Draft order was taken from here - http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2014.php

Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll