d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > United Guilds Melee Ladder > Us East Non Ladder
Prev1245224532454245524563118Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 16,372.00
Jan 23 2017 11:32pm
The exceptions for elemental damages on weapons must be intended only to make more of them usable for the ugml. Now that everyone and their mother has an e rep 20s I don't see how it matters anymore.

E/ just ban the elemental damage scs...it is the only logical thing to do.

This post was edited by DJOrchard17 on Jan 23 2017 11:37pm
Gold: 66.00
Jan 24 2017 12:05am
Quote (DJOrchard17 @ Jan 24 2017 02:32am)
The exceptions for elemental damages on weapons must be intended only to make more of them usable for the ugml. Now that everyone and their mother has an e rep 20s I don't see how it matters anymore.

E/ just ban the elemental damage scs...it is the only logical thing to do.

Any old melee'er would already consider ele scs bm just new age melee'er always trying to stretch rules

This post was edited by RightBaked on Jan 24 2017 12:08am
Gold: 71,200.00
Jan 24 2017 01:11am
Quote (RightBaked @ Jan 24 2017 12:05am)
Any old melee'er would already consider ele scs bm just new age melee'er always trying to stretch rules

The thing is there is no rules for charms, so we are not stretching anything. They should've put a rule for that long time ago. I would vote for allowing one source of each elemental dmg without the weapon, and the 200 elemental max for the weapon.

I know the rules wont be changed anyways.
Gold: 94,026.27
Jan 24 2017 07:29am
The intention of melee dueling is to actually melee and do physical damage, not elemental damage. The original spirit of the ladder was that people who participated would do so in good faith and have integrity.

The original rules were made understanding that there was no opportunity cost for additional significant elemental damage on a weapon. You didn't have to give anything up to get it, and it could be a significant amount of elemental damage relative to what you could get from other sources, hence why the limit was put on weapons.

There is an opportunity cost with choosing to use elemental damage elsewhere and the cost is severe when taking into consideration what is important to melee and how melee scaling works.

My personal opinion is, go ahead and use elemental damage on charms and in jewel slots, you will be worse than had you used those slots more optimally. But the point is, using elemental damage is against what this ladder is supposed to be about. You new guys just want to manipulate things to gain a competitive advantage and that's all that matters to you.

It's mighty presumptuous to come in here as a new melee member and state how something should have been implemented in a highly successful league that has been running for 10 years before showed up.

I'm certainly not in charge here, and I'm certainly not against the evolution of melee or changing rules if it is necessary to be changed.

Jan 24 2017 10:57am
Yeah I totally understand your point and I also think your way. The only thing is we should be allowed to put only one 20life 19-29fire sc to get the bonuses from it. It's like putting a cold sc for someone who doesn't use raven like you said. Other than that, there is no reason why elemental dmg should be allowed.

That's why having one source of each would be a nice and a fair rule for everyone who doesn't have fire dmg on their fool. Cold from raven, Lightning from highlord, and Fire from 1xsc. Doing that by also keeping the 200 elemental dmg max for the weapon.

To be fair with everyone, if having 1x fire sc is bm, well anything with fire dmg should be bm as well.

I would be good with both kind of rule.

If you don't understand my point I'm fine with it, and I wont try to explain it again. I do get your point TJ, it's just the fact that they allow that fire dmg on the weapon only makes things unfair for the players who don't have any fire dmg on their weapon. By allowing that 1x sc only, that would only make things fair for everyone.

Alright let's focus on the UGML and let's stop talking about that now!

Requesting an update, I want to challenge truonk's pally!!! :thumbsup:

This post was edited by TheDivision on Jan 24 2017 11:19am
Gold: 5.00
Jan 24 2017 11:24am
Quote (ToughGuy_TJ @ Jan 24 2017 09:29am)
The intention of melee dueling is to actually melee and do physical damage, not elemental damage. The original spirit of the ladder was that people who participated would do so in good faith and have integrity.

The original rules were made understanding that there was no opportunity cost for additional significant elemental damage on a weapon. You didn't have to give anything up to get it, and it could be a significant amount of elemental damage relative to what you could get from other sources, hence why the limit was put on weapons.

There is an opportunity cost with choosing to use elemental damage elsewhere and the cost is severe when taking into consideration what is important to melee and how melee scaling works.

My personal opinion is, go ahead and use elemental damage on charms and in jewel slots, you will be worse than had you used those slots more optimally. But the point is, using elemental damage is against what this ladder is supposed to be about. You new guys just want to manipulate things to gain a competitive advantage and that's all that matters to you.

It's mighty presumptuous to come in here as a new melee member and state how something should have been implemented in a highly successful league that has been running for 10 years before showed up.

I'm certainly not in charge here, and I'm certainly not against the evolution of melee or changing rules if it is necessary to be changed.

Everything you said is valid.
Nothing will change and if anyone wants change go to the Sith Brand Wagon and join the darkside of the Farce.
If you want to fill your inventory with ele dmg sc's and have your ass handed to you 6-0 every set. Feel free.
What we are avoiding here is some wallet warrior going to bezel and saying, I will give you my next 17 mortgage payments if you make me a 2os erep with the maximum elemental damage roll possible.
In my opinion the rule sits @ 200 ele dmg so that people who played back in the day before the wallet warriors took over and legit items existed that legitimately rolled with some ele dmg were not automatically "charsi cus ele dmg" and it was capped @ 200 because a small amount of res could reduce this to basically no dmg after diminishing returns.

This post was edited by Ouefnut on Jan 24 2017 11:51am
Jan 24 2017 12:11pm
United Guilds Melee Ladder (US East Non-Ladder)

Ladder Council Members

Ouefnut of Legendary Melee

ToughGuy_TJ of Gm Melee

Jubeii52 of Ω Omega Ω

Appointed Administrative-Assistants

ValyrianSteel of Legendary Melee

Sous of Ω Omega Ω

<Challenge System Please Read Before Issuing New Challenges>

Please Read Before Submitting New Challenges
1) Have fun!! (No rage/drama, negative spam or you will be removed, use the open suggestion thread).
2) If you wish to be added to the ladder, post JSP name/D2 account/Character name - type of character.
3) You are allowed to challenge up to 2 ranks above you until you get to #3 then you must duel everybody to get to #1.
4) You must PM the other party about the challenge, then post the challenge in this thread here.
5) If you Issued the Challenge Must wait 12 hours after Completion of Challenge to Issue another Challenge.
6) If you lose a challenge you must wait 48 hours to re-challenge the same person.
7) 5-Day Dodge rule (AFK, No-reply, No-show = Auto-loss) 2 consecutive Dodges = Removed from ladder.
8) Post all scores of challenges in this topic thread, either one of you can do it.
If you cannot complete your challenge on time it is your responsibility to PM your challenger and inform them. Then post in this thread asking for an extension. If you fail to do this, the dodge rule will be enforced to simply keep the ladder moving.* symbol for 1 dodge applied

<GM Melee Duel Rules>

1) GM Melee rules apply to all duels See page 1 for rules.
2) You may change gear twice during a set and once between each set.
3) A challenge will be best 2/3 sets, first to 6 must win each set by 2 duels.
4) If both players die it is a draw
5) If you cancel your match, you have to wait 12 hours until you can challenge someone else.

Updated Ladder Rankings

01. BeOnDoE/Typhon/Typhon - Zeal

02. bdjhsl/Navy2389/SpecialNavy - Zeal of Sith

03. DailyBread/DailyBread./Galantis - Zeal of Sith

04. truonk/Porsche./Boxter - Zeal

05. ValyrianSteel/Valyrian/ValyrianSteel - Zeal

06. TheDivision/TheDivision/Gogeta

07. Sous/Soulmates4Ever/Moolie - Zeal

08. DjOrchard17/DjOrchard17/East down - Zeal

09. truonk/Porsche./Macan - Fury

10. Lacapitale/C.o.p.s/Cops - Zeal

11. Obstacle1/tokeofdoom/OM - Zeal

12. BigTaco713/BigTaco713/Putasos - Zeal

13. Jubeii52/Jubeii52/Corporal - Zeal

14. DjOrchard17/DjOrchard_dfd/HippieHaze - Zeal

Present and Pending Duels

04. truonk/Porsche./Boxter - Zeal -VS- 03. DailyBread/DailyBread./Galantis - Zeal of Sith ♛ Jan. 19th - 24th
Jan 24 2017 12:12pm
Quote (TheDivision @ Jan 23 2017 02:22pm)
Please make sure to made the updates properly, the person who did it forgot DaileyBread and truonk's challenge.

DailyBread hasn't been on JSP for the last 3 days, so if he's being put at the bottom of the ladder, I would like to challenge 04. truonk/Porsche./Boxter - Zeal

Their duel has not expired yet. Please make sure to actually read the rules well enough to understand how the process works before calling the updaters out on their updates.
No one posts = no dodge = null.
If neither of them posts by the end of today, you may challenge truonk.

7) 5-Day Dodge rule (AFK, No-reply, No-show = Auto-loss) 2 consecutive Dodges = Removed from ladder.
I do not have access to their pm inboxes, I dont know if the challenger pm'd, I dont know if the challenged has read the challenge.

This post was edited by Ouefnut on Jan 24 2017 12:17pm
Jan 24 2017 12:19pm
Quote (Ouefnut @ Jan 24 2017 12:12pm)
Their duel has not expired yet. Please make sure to actually read the rules well enough to understand how the process works before calling the updaters out on their updates.
No one posts = no dodge = null.
If neither of them posts by the end of today, you may challenge truonk.

I do not have access to their pm inboxes, I dont know if the challenger pm'd, I dont know if the challenged has read the challenge.

I know, Sous forgot Their challenge in the last updates. That's what I meant and that's why I was confused! haha
Jan 24 2017 12:21pm
Quote (TheDivision @ Jan 24 2017 02:19pm)
I know, Sous forgot Their challenge in the last updates. That's what I meant and that's why I was confused! haha

Just have a little faith in us :lol:
I may not always be updating but I am always following and keeping an eye on whats happening, and I'm always ready to jump in and repair any mistakes if there are any made.

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous): truonk, DJOrchard17, Ouefnut

So whats going on with your duel vs dailybread?

This post was edited by Ouefnut on Jan 24 2017 12:21pm
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1245224532454245524563118Next
Add Reply New Topic