d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
123353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 32.00
Feb 4 2010 12:10pm
This is for the east Non Ladder melee dueling ladder,
i have made this thread in attempts to keep the ladder itself clean of the back and forth comments about the rules.
feel free to post up your suggestions
thnxs :)
Gold: 1,895.00
Feb 4 2010 12:13pm
After 2 dodges they get removed from the ladder so they should avoid dodges unless they don't really care. And really if someone logs onto jsp they really can't be that busy so the whole "sorry to busy to long onto d2 but not busy enough to log onto jsp and tell you how busy i am" is kind of retarded. :)
Feb 4 2010 12:19pm
Quote (dark-soul @ Feb 4 2010 01:13pm)
After 2 dodges they get removed from the ladder so they should avoid dodges unless they don't really care. And really if someone logs onto jsp they really can't be that busy so the whole "sorry to busy to long onto d2 but not busy enough to log onto jsp and tell you how busy i am" is kind of retarded. :)

haha yeah.but still there are ppl like that :( thats why i had suggested the penalty thingy
Feb 4 2010 12:21pm
Quote (Blood_Myst @ Feb 4 2010 01:19pm)
haha yeah.but still there are ppl like that :( thats why i had suggested the penalty thingy

I don't really think it's right to make someone wait the full 3 days though if they do in fact get a message from the person they challenged.
Feb 4 2010 12:24pm
Quote (dark-soul @ Feb 4 2010 01:21pm)
I don't really think it's right to make someone wait the full 3 days though if they do in fact get a message from the person they challenged.

yeah, i feel like that not only penalizes the challenger but can hold the ladder up a bit
Feb 4 2010 12:24pm
these are the current rules thus far:

1) Have fun!! (No Rage Drama BM or Bullshit you will be Removed/Banned If there are Multiple Complaints about you)
2) To be added to the Ladder post Jsp Name/D2 Acct/Char Name- Type of Char
3) Allowed to challenge up to 2 ranks above you until you get to #5 then you must duel Everybody to get to #1
4) You Must Pm the other party about the challenge FIRST then post challenge in this topic.
5) GM Melee Rules Apply to all Duels See Page 1 for Rules
6) Challenge will be best 2/3 sets First to Six Must Win each set by 2 Duels
7) You may Change Gear 1 time during a Set and 1 time between each Set
8) If you Issued the Challenge Must wait 12 hours after Completion of Challenge to Issue another Challenge
9) If you lose a Challenge you must wait 48 Hours to Rechallenge the same Person
10) 3-Day Dodge Rule (Afk, No-reply, No-show = Auto-Loss) 2 Consecutive "Dodges" = Removed from Ladder
(If you Cannot Complete Your Challenge on Time it is your Responsibitly to PM your Challenger to Inform
them and then Post in Thread Asking for an Extension. If you fail to do this Dodge Rule will Be Enforced.)

<Gm Melee Rules>

Prohibitions

- Do not commit acts of bad manner.
- Do not angle (both parallel to the town door)
- Do not prebuff.
- Do not use poison.
- Do not use slow.
- Do not enchant.
- Do not smite.
- Do not charge.
- Do not jump.
- Do not pot.
- Do not run.
- Do not whirlwind.
- Do not knockback.
- Do not use items that emit auras which affect player vs. player (PVP) and cause physical and/or elemental damage.
- Do not emit the holy freeze aura.
- Do not cast item/torch charges.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of BM Items

[Weapons - Runewords]
Grief
Doom
Eternity
Death

[Weapons - Uniques]
Cranebeak (War Spike)
Hell Slayer (Decapitator)
Messerschmidt's Reaver (Champion Axe)
Fleshripper (Fanged Knifte)
Nord's Tenderizer (Truncheon)
Demon Limb (Tyrant Club)
Baranar's Star (Devil Star)
Horizon's Tornado (Scourge)
Stormlash (Scourge)
Schaefer's Hammer (Legendary Mallet)
Windhammer (Ogre Maul)
Astreon's Iron Ward (Caduceus)
Djinn Slayer (Ataghan)
Lightsabre (Phase Blade)
Azurewrath (Phase Blade)
Frostwind (Cryptic Sword)
Flamebellow (Balrog Blade)

[Weapons - Rares/Magics]
Any weapon with poison damage (vouch civic 4 this rule update)
Any weapon with more than 200 total elemental damage
Any weapon that casts an elemental skill over Level 5
Any weapon that casts amplify curses ( same with any armor )
Any poison on gear

[Armors]
Nosferatu's Coil (Vampirefang Belt)
Arachnid Mesh (Spiderweb Sash)
Cleglaw's Pincers (Set gloves)
Andariel's Visage (Demonhead)
Blackhorn's Face (Death Mask)
Giant Skull (Bone Visage)
Ethereal Fort
Ethereal Stone
Any armor that casts slow or elemental skill over Level 5
Any ethereal armor with no repair mod or zod rune (breakable armor)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Mention

[Starting Duel] - Both must have "go" over head at same time action begins. If one "go" drops first, wait for them to put it up again

[Miss-Clicking] - Continue fighting

[Glitched Strength] - Auto DQ will result if you die and can't pick up gear

[Chilling Armor] - Must not be on prior to a duel, Referee to kill off surviving player with chilling armor

[Holyshield] - Do not cast holyshield prior to gear change. if casted hs and changed gear, Referee to kill off player and recast hs

[Running into/during Duel] - Point awarded to opponent

[Draws] - If neither player survives a walk back to town, counts as a draw. No point awarded to either player

[Use of Exile/Tap Gear] - Zeal vs Zeal only (may choose not to use tap yourself, but cannot force opponent not to use tap)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omittance

Anything not mentioned here is subject to Referee's decision, and is final
Gold: 0.00
Feb 4 2010 12:25pm
Quote (dark-soul @ Feb 4 2010 12:13pm)

-.- i dont ever dodge so i guess doesnt really apply to me.. but i stay on jsp when doing hmwk and check it every 15-30 mins -.-.-.-

But if ladder is going to have a "united" front then that means it has to be united across east in my opinon. I will abide by the rules regardless i like them or not once its set and all said and done..
but if you vote for a non ladder ladder rule it should also apply to ladder's ladder or else take your oposing sides and dont vote for the ladder you do not participate in..

I have a fury druid as do a few other ppl with different chars on both ladders and i agreed more with non ladder to begin with i dont complain to much on ladder about rules cause its not my place everyone is "happy" (although every person i have dueled so far is glad to have gears and they also didnt agree with many the rules just didnt wanna be the one to be called out..) so its not to thrilling to see the non ladder changing into exactly same rules as ladder.. but ladder not bending their rules to what we have implied..

i guess the short you unite east melee as east melee or you unite east non ladder melee and then theres east ladder melee... cause theres no one saying ladder will end soon so its not like theres a need to jump into rule changing now..

Just a side note ;/ i dont think its fair that tge was put down as it was, cause it was a good clan/guild up until more recent and they did have immense respect around.. and i think that goes for any clan or guild -.-.-.-.- we all have opinons we should keep open eyes to

This post was edited by eric_mendoza on Feb 4 2010 12:27pm
Feb 4 2010 12:31pm
Quote (eric_mendoza @ Feb 4 2010 01:25pm)
-.- i dont ever dodge so i guess doesnt really apply to me.. but i stay on jsp when doing hmwk and check it every 15-30 mins -.-.-.-

But if ladder is going to have a "united" front then that means it has to be united across east in my opinon.  I will abide by the rules regardless i like them or not once its set and all said and done..
but if you vote for a non ladder ladder rule it should also apply to ladder's ladder or else take your oposing sides and dont vote for the ladder you do not participate in..

I have a fury druid as do a few other ppl with different chars on both ladders and i agreed more with non ladder to begin with i dont complain to much on ladder about rules cause its not my place everyone is "happy" (although every person i have dueled so far is glad to have gears and they also didnt agree with many the rules just didnt wanna be the one to be called out..) so its not to thrilling to see the non ladder changing into exactly same rules as ladder.. but ladder not bending their rules to what we have implied..

i guess the short you unite east melee as east melee or you unite east non ladder melee and then theres east ladder melee... cause theres no one saying ladder will end soon so its not like theres a need to jump into rule changing now..

I honestly assumed the rules would stay the same and didn't even bother looking at the rules for the new ladder after the "unified" one was made. I typed that list of rules for gm melee myself so since it was included in the ladder I assumed it would have been nl rules. The rules are made to appease everyone on the ladder that is participating and since the nl ladder = nl players it should be only nl rules that are on it since a lot of the ladder rules aren't to popular with nl players (including myself even though I don't have a melee anymore)

By who/when was tge put down?? At the time of it's existence it was the top melee clan on east so don't see how it could be put down at all.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Feb 4 2010 12:32pm
Gold: 6,929.00
Feb 4 2010 12:46pm
Quote (dark-soul @ Feb 4 2010 02:21pm)

well mabi we could alow forfits like the old ladder but if a person forfits it counts as 1 of their 2 doges 2 doges in a row = removal

the other option although im not sure if its verry ethical is to just post I lost 6-0 6-0 and thats the same as a forfit without making them w8

you would be lieing that you actuly did sets though
Gold: 52,540.97
Feb 4 2010 12:49pm
The rules been thought and they've considered pretty much of all issues with it.

although the 3 day thingy could be talked over with new ideas or such... though I'm not too interested in giving time to think of it.
but I can probably help to think over an idea by bringning in some facts.

Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
123353Next
Add Reply New Topic