d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Nl Melee Lader Discussions And Suggestions > Thnks For The Inputs :)
Prev1234353Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,895.00
Feb 4 2010 12:50pm
Quote (scorpxxxx @ Feb 4 2010 01:46pm)
well mabi we could alow forfits like the old ladder but if a person forfits it counts as 1 of their 2 doges 2 doges in a row = removal

the other option although im not sure if its verry ethical is to just post I lost 6-0 6-0  and thats the same as a forfit  without making them w8

you would be lieing that you actuly did sets though

Well if they're on a ladder they should be active on it. If there's some extenuating circumstance and they can't get on that's more than reasonable but I work, am a full-time student in college have a girlfriend and still had time to keep up with challenges. If someone isn't good at managing their time they shouldn't be on a ladder. The other option is pretty bm but if both parties agreed to it no one would really know about it unless it happened more than once. And like I said a challenge takes at most 10 minutes so if they had enough time to get on jsp they obv can't be to busy.

Quote (Drael @ Feb 4 2010 01:49pm)
The rules been thought and they've considered pretty much of all issues with it.

although the 3 day thingy could be talked over with new ideas or such... though I'm not too interested in giving time to think of it.
but I can probably help to think over an idea by bringning in some facts.

The previous rules were used for a long time so there's really no reason of changing them. People just want to feel like they impacted it to feel more important when it just makes things more complicated. I wouldn't say anything if I didn't get pms from people on the ladder who are unhappy with the current rules. This thread was made so people on the ladder can say how they feel about it openly so rules can be adjusted to make everyone happy to prevent any drama like what happened on the last ladder which got out of hand.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Feb 4 2010 12:53pm
Gold: 6,929.00
Feb 4 2010 01:07pm
other than the you can not forfit rule -- 12 hour w8 to rechallenge--- and top 5 can only challenge 1 up most the rules are the same.

The 12hour w8 is good I rember going from like #34 to # 12 in 2 days just by wining chalenging without w8ing and jumping over what i considered harder opponents or others on their way up.

The top 5 may only challenge 1 up makes it harder to get top 3 but honestly now that im top 3 id like more duels im not on ladder to polish my crown :P im on it to have gds

the ability to pm a admin and forfit a challenge was nice especaly when w8ing for days to get in a challenge then having to w8 longer for them to dodge so mabi options should be looked at.

I know geting jamed up for days can be frustrating and anything that unclogs the ladder and lets people who want to be active duel more is gg IMO
Feb 4 2010 01:11pm
Quote (scorpxxxx @ Feb 4 2010 02:07pm)
other than the you can not forfit rule -- 12 hour w8 to rechallenge--- and top 5 can only challenge 1 up  most the rules are the same.

The 12hour w8  is good I rember going from like #34 to # 12  in 2 days just by wining chalenging without w8ing  and jumping over what i considered harder opponents or others on their way up.

The top 5  may only challenge 1 up makes it harder to get top 3 but honestly now that im top 3  id like more duels  im not on ladder to polish my crown :P  im on it to have gds

the ability to pm a admin and forfit a challenge was nice especaly when w8ing for days to get in a challenge  then having to w8 longer for them to dodge so mabi options should be looked at.

I know geting jamed up for days can be frustrating and anything that unclogs the ladder and lets people who want to be active duel more is gg IMO

Yeah I know most of the rules are the same and I like the 12 hour one that's a good add and makes sense. The one where you need to challenge everyone after a certain rank makes for less challenges once you get higher on the ladder and seems to be the rule that most people don't like besides the ladder kids who don't really count for this ladder. The forfeit one isn't really a rule, it looked like more of a judgment call since it doesn't state forfeits are not aloud unless I missed it. But like I said I don't try to stir things up at all i'm speaking more for the people who pmed me regarding the few new rules although I do agree with them which is why I posted :)

This post was edited by dark-soul on Feb 4 2010 01:13pm
Gold: 4,271.99
Feb 4 2010 01:13pm
forfiet is when you miss 2 consecutive challenges..
what if you're going on a 1-2 week vacation?
are excuses allowed..
like. say someones gonna be out on a vacation so if anything, just bump him down if he gets challenged.

it would totally suck if you're rank 8 or higher and get removed and have to start all over again because of the forfeit rule.

Quote (dark-soul @ Feb 4 2010 02:14pm)
Yeah just pm a mod saying you'll be away and your rank will be held.

why would it be held?
and not get bumped down when he/she gets challenged

This post was edited by JAYZONE on Feb 4 2010 01:16pm
Feb 4 2010 01:14pm
Quote (JAYZONE @ Feb 4 2010 02:13pm)
forfiet is when you miss 2 consecutive challenges..
what if you're going on a vacation?
are excuses allowed..

Yeah just pm a mod saying you'll be away and your rank will be held. There are always exceptions to every rule too. Like if you had some trouble irl and can't get on d2 for 6 days and miss 2 challenges you wouldn't be removed from the ladder. You would just need to explain what happened and you would remain on the ladder.

Quote (JAYZONE @ Feb 4 2010 02:13pm)

why would it be held?
and not get bumped down when he/she gets challenged

It's just more fair. It can't be held for like a month or some crazy amount of time but you shouldn't get punished for going away. Instead your rank gets put on hold and people can just skip you so it doesn't slow anything down.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Feb 4 2010 01:20pm
Gold: 440.00
Feb 4 2010 01:19pm
Dark-soul has a good point, if you choose to be on any ladder - you should atleast know if you have the time to participate. I understand there are always extenuating circumstance: Work, marriage, childbirth or unfortunately car accidents & hospitization, these complications can and do happen :(
With that being said, Im sure special accomdations can be made aware of and then we as a council can help, after all - it is a game :)
I do want to make 1 point very clear - this Council and it's Admins are here to help and make this ladder a fun competition for everyone who engages. Please feel free to talk to anyone of us, perferably through priv/msgs, we are not here to impose law on anyone - this ladder is meant to be enjoyable and/or edcational with a competitive edge!
Coming back to the 'dodge/forfiet' if you can't make it then take a break and return when you can have the time to participate - if you have to dodge/forfiet' back to back? Odds are you do not have the time, at this time - no worries, the ladder is not going anywhere. If you 'dodge/forfiet' twice in like 6 months? No, I do not think someone should be excused :)
Darc
Gold: 12.69
Feb 4 2010 01:41pm
Hi
Gold: 3,100.00
Feb 4 2010 01:53pm
Its fine as it is imo. o.O
Gold: 176,089.50
Feb 4 2010 03:13pm
Quote (dark-soul @ Feb 4 2010 01:21pm)
I don't really think it's right to make someone wait the full 3 days though if they do in fact get a message from the person they challenged.

exactly.

I'm fine with the 3 day dodge rule BUT if someone replies after you challenge them stating that they are unable to duel within that time period, then it's rather absurd to make the challenger wait the full 3 days.
Gold: 440.00
Feb 4 2010 03:44pm
Understandable, thats why its your responsibility to let us know - so we can do something about it.
Thx for the feedback Gentlemen :)

This post was edited by Darkken on Feb 4 2010 03:49pm
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev1234353Next
Add Reply New Topic