d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1199719981999200020012039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 3 2017 04:36pm
Quote (Bourse @ Feb 1 2017 01:23pm)
hi raynor

not sure if you already got that one before:

what is your philosophy of life?

-bourse

An old one, but one that holds true -

Do unto others as you would have other do unto you.

So live your life to the best of your ability, never do anything to intentionally harm others, and try to provide as much as you can to leave behind in this world, after our limited time here comes to an end.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 4 2017 06:44am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 4 Feb 2017 01:36)
An old one, but one that holds true -

Do unto others as you would have other do unto you.

So live your life to the best of your ability, never do anything to intentionally harm others, and try to provide as much as you can to leave behind in this world, after our limited time here comes to an end.

:hail:

Also, thank you for taking the time to respond to PM's.
Feb 5 2017 10:16pm
Quote (SnoopieIX @ Feb 4 2017 08:44am)
:hail:

Also, thank you for taking the time to respond to PM's.

My pleasure. Take care.
Gold: 361.00
Feb 7 2017 12:33am
Hey Raynlads,

Nice to see you still popping in, you dont know how long i've waited for you to reach 2000 pages on this thread and its almost there.

Doing glute activiation in my warm ups has made my squat feel much better
Doing lat activation in my warm up has made my bench feel much better

Is there anything in particular you would do before deadlifts? I can think of maybe quads for a sumo deadlift, but what about conventional? Just get angry n think of all the times my Uncle Liron bullied me? thx

This post was edited by Excusemem8 on Feb 7 2017 12:33am
Gold: 6.66
Feb 7 2017 03:01am
Hello!

Are you finished with your surgical education? I have a question about a torn acl. Is it possible for the affected knee to swell just because of the earlier injury being aggravated or is any subsequent swelling and slight pain or increased sensitivity to it indicative of extra damage to other structures? I imagine the knee is more vulnerable to meniscal tears when there is no acl?

This post was edited by Neptunus on Feb 7 2017 03:01am
Feb 12 2017 04:45pm
Quote (Excusemem8 @ Feb 7 2017 02:33am)
Hey Raynlads,

Nice to see you still popping in, you dont know how long i've waited for you to reach 2000 pages on this thread and its almost there.

Doing glute activiation in my warm ups has made my squat feel much better
Doing lat activation in my warm up has made my bench feel much better

Is there anything in particular you would do before deadlifts? I can think of maybe quads for a sumo deadlift, but what about conventional? Just get angry n think of all the times my Uncle Liron bullied me? thx

Hey there,

Yes, 2K pages is almost there - crazy.

Interestingly enough, based on deadlifts engaging so many muscles at the same time, you can actually see declined 1RM with any excessive muscular engagement prior to the lift.

To simply stretch, warm, and wake all the muscles - I always recommend 3-5 minutes of basic walking or other mild cardio, some light stretches, then do a few reps of deadlifts with the BAR ONLY. After doing so, psych yourself up as you seek fit, and go after the 1RM. You can pyramid up, 1-3 reps of each set until reaching 1RM weight. EX: 135 x 3, 225 x 2, 315, x1, 405 x1, etc. with no more than 5 total sets.
Feb 12 2017 04:50pm
Quote (Neptunus @ Feb 7 2017 05:01am)
Hello!

Are you finished with your surgical education? I have a question about a torn acl. Is it possible for the affected knee to swell just because of the earlier injury being aggravated or is any subsequent swelling and slight pain or increased sensitivity to it indicative of extra damage to other structures? I imagine the knee is more vulnerable to meniscal tears when there is no acl?

I have several months of residency remaining before I can work in a full independent capacity as a trauma surgeon.

With regard to the torn ACL, it very much depends. Has the ACL been repaired surgically? If so, how long ago and with what method? Swelling and pain is fairly normal with ANY injury - and depending on the duration between the initial injury and/or surgery, this would not be uncommon. In addition, yes, you would have a greater risk as subsequent tears to the meniscus, however swelling/pain does not necessarily mean this is the key.

I need more info in general.
Feb 13 2017 05:09am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 13 2017 12:50am)
I have several months of residency remaining before I can work in a full independent capacity as a trauma surgeon.

With regard to the torn ACL, it very much depends. Has the ACL been repaired surgically? If so, how long ago and with what method? Swelling and pain is fairly normal with ANY injury - and depending on the duration between the initial injury and/or surgery, this would not be uncommon. In addition, yes, you would have a greater risk as subsequent tears to the meniscus, however swelling/pain does not necessarily mean this is the key.

I need more info in general.

Alright i understand.

Not repaired yet, actually right now the most relevant issue is the difference between the types of autografts in terms of reliability, aka patellar or hamstring? I'm aware that your opinion is not the same as a professional opinion irl, but just your two cents on the issue?
Feb 13 2017 08:52am
Quote (Neptunus @ Feb 13 2017 01:09pm)
Alright i understand.

Not repaired yet, actually right now the most relevant issue is the difference between the types of autografts in terms of reliability, aka patellar or hamstring? I'm aware that your opinion is not the same as a professional opinion irl, but just your two cents on the issue?

Is it possible to pm you Raynor, btw?
Feb 13 2017 11:00pm
Quote (Neptunus @ Feb 13 2017 10:52am)
Is it possible to pm you Raynor, btw?

it certainly is.

Quote (Neptunus @ Feb 13 2017 07:09am)
Alright i understand.

If it hasn't been repaired surgically and it's absolutely a torn ACL, that is a huge issue that needs immediate attention. You shouldn't allow this type of injury to stagnate.This can perpetuate other tears, improper healing, and even exacerbated injuries.

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1199719981999200020012039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll