d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1199819992000200120022039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 18 2017 01:27pm
TIP OF THE DAY -

If you are having chronic health problems, such as frequently getting sick, see an allergist before self medicating. After determining what you are allergic to, make your home allergen free through all means possible. Keep yourself away from these allergens while outside of the home, and boost your immune system with multivitamins, vitamin d, vitamin c, vitamin e, and zinc. Also make sure to drink adequate water (at least 1 gal per day), and get sufficient sleep (8 hours per night if possible).

EDIT:

2,000 PAGES - Jul 27 2008 to Feb 18 2017

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Feb 18 2017 01:29pm
Gold: 3,804.50
Feb 20 2017 11:50am
So I just realized I forgot to buy more vitamin d when I ran out last year. I was about to buy the now brand 5000 iu when I read a comment that it should be taken with vitamin k2. Is that correct? If so, I see now brand sells pills with 1000 iu vitamin d3 with 45 mcg vitamin k2. Should I buy that instead?

I also take calcium citrate, orange triad, and fish oil.
Gold: 25.65
Feb 25 2017 07:30pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 18 2017 12:27pm)
TIP OF THE DAY -

If you are having chronic health problems, such as frequently getting sick, see an allergist before self medicating. After determining what you are allergic to, make your home allergen free through all means possible. Keep yourself away from these allergens while outside of the home, and boost your immune system with multivitamins, vitamin d, vitamin c, vitamin e, and zinc. Also make sure to drink adequate water (at least 1 gal per day), and get sufficient sleep (8 hours per night if possible).

EDIT:

2,000 PAGES - Jul 27 2008 to Feb 18 2017

contrats!

also - what if I am seeing an allergist, and they can't pinpoint what I am allergic to? Nothing in igE blood, but yet I keep coughing (especially in mornings and after/during brushing teeth) and clearing my throat all the time. I tried elimination/reintroduction, on gluten, dairy, nuts, legumes, avocados, corn, tomatoes, you name it. They thought it was a reflux issue but Omeprazole 14 day didn't solve (just messed with gains because made it harder for stomach break down food). I tried stop eating casein protein (cottage cheese) before sleeping (because they said don't eat before bed) - again just messed with gains (well not really, I couldn't tell). Dust mites might be it causing post nasal drip, but the immediate trigger makes my nose super runny when im cleaning/vacuuming my house and I sneeze a lot. When I'm not cleaning, I don't have these exact trigger issues, but just my normal chronic problem remains (cough and clear throat). Everytime I get a common cold, it always turns into bronchitis and I sometimes cough up blood in mucous (like bright red, all of it is blood - not talking about just traces), but usually only a few rounds, then I can't reproduce any blood). That always triggers me to go to urgent care even though it always happens just to cover my bases and get a free don't go to work pass (lol). They usually give me some codeine cough syrup because my abs hurt from so much coughing and tesslon pearlers or whatever to stop coughing. Albuterol treatment was done one time because an intern thought she heard wheezing when listening with stethoscope (go figure interns actually listen for shit thoroughly) and it made my lung test thingy - the one where that thing clamps ur finger (o2 levels I think) from 96 to 98 during bronchitis and the supervising urgent care guy thought it was asthma and sent in note to my primary care doc. my primary care doctor then said probably not, and it's just cuz I was sick. I think he's right too because I did use the albuterol inhaler I got (after I was better) and didn't really solve anything (so I discontinued). Any thoughts?

Naturopathic doctor recently said try taking apple cider vinegar (diluted 2 tsps in water) before eating. but that just makes my stomach hurt for a bit. He also said try probiotics and netti pot treatment. (to be fair I should probably try those recommendations, only just did apple cider vinegar)

Also maybe my apartment used to be occupied by a cat owner? is that possible? Before making drastic changes like moving out. How to confirm it's old remaining cat dander?

This post was edited by leemyungbak on Feb 25 2017 07:55pm
Feb 26 2017 05:59pm
Quote (carteblanche @ Feb 20 2017 01:50pm)
So I just realized I forgot to buy more vitamin d when I ran out last year. I was about to buy the now brand 5000 iu when I read a comment that it should be taken with vitamin k2. Is that correct? If so, I see now brand sells pills with 1000 iu vitamin d3 with 45 mcg vitamin k2. Should I buy that instead?

I also take calcium citrate, orange triad, and fish oil.

You do need both K2 and D3 in your diet. Usually k2 is found in plentiful quantities in certain meats and multivitamins and usually doesn't need superdosing. In terms of d3, taking 5000ius is necessary when you aren't constantly exposed to sunlight. You can take supplemental k2 if you feel your levels are low.
Feb 26 2017 06:06pm
Quote (leemyungbak @ Feb 25 2017 09:30pm)
contrats!

also - what if I am seeing an allergist, and they can't pinpoint what I am allergic to? Nothing in igE blood, but yet I keep coughing (especially in mornings and after/during brushing teeth) and clearing my throat all the time. I tried elimination/reintroduction, on gluten, dairy, nuts, legumes, avocados, corn, tomatoes, you name it. They thought it was a reflux issue but Omeprazole 14 day didn't solve (just messed with gains because made it harder for stomach break down food). I tried stop eating casein protein (cottage cheese) before sleeping (because they said don't eat before bed) - again just messed with gains (well not really, I couldn't tell). Dust mites might be it causing post nasal drip, but the immediate trigger makes my nose super runny when im cleaning/vacuuming my house and I sneeze a lot. When I'm not cleaning, I don't have these exact trigger issues, but just my normal chronic problem remains (cough and clear throat). Everytime I get a common cold, it always turns into bronchitis and I sometimes cough up blood in mucous (like bright red, all of it is blood - not talking about just traces), but usually only a few rounds, then I can't reproduce any blood). That always triggers me to go to urgent care even though it always happens just to cover my bases and get a free don't go to work pass (lol). They usually give me some codeine cough syrup because my abs hurt from so much coughing and tesslon pearlers or whatever to stop coughing. Albuterol treatment was done one time because an intern thought she heard wheezing when listening with stethoscope (go figure interns actually listen for shit thoroughly) and it made my lung test thingy - the one where that thing clamps ur finger (o2 levels I think) from 96 to 98 during bronchitis and the supervising urgent care guy thought it was asthma and sent in note to my primary care doc. my primary care doctor then said probably not, and it's just cuz I was sick. I think he's right too because I did use the albuterol inhaler I got (after I was better) and didn't really solve anything (so I discontinued). Any thoughts?

Naturopathic doctor recently said try taking apple cider vinegar (diluted 2 tsps in water) before eating. but that just makes my stomach hurt for a bit. He also said try probiotics and netti pot treatment. (to be fair I should probably try those recommendations, only just did apple cider vinegar)

Also maybe my apartment used to be occupied by a cat owner? is that possible? Before making drastic changes like moving out. How to confirm it's old remaining cat dander?

Thank you!

This absolutely sounds like chronic allergies. You should see an allergist immediately and get full panel tested for everything including dust mites, mold, dog/cat dander, pollen, etc.

In order to allergen proof your home after knowing what allergies you have, you will need to use a mattress encasement, pillow protectors, allergen bedding (including allergen proof comforter), get rid of all the carpet in your house and replace with laminate , wood, or tile, have a professional company clean your A/C unit and then use an allergen A/C Filter (change it once a month), also get a good air purified (such as Alen) and run it on max all the time in your bedroom - changing the filters as prescribed. Furthermore, you would need to keep your house clean, using a HEPA vacuum, and mopping as necessary. Put away clothes/towels and other linens rather than leaving them out.

All of these will greatly help your allergies and most likely even make them go away.

You can also use the NeilMed Sinus Rinse product, which is much better than a Nettipot.

http://www.target.com/p/neilmed-pharmaceuticals-original-sinus-rinse-kit-packets-50-count/-/A-13342400?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=bing_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Health%2BBeauty%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Health%2BBeauty&LID=700000001230728pbs&gclid=%5B*GCLID*%5D&network=s&device=c&querystring=&gclid=[*GCLID*]&gclsrc=ds

good luck!
Gold: 25.65
Feb 27 2017 01:58am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 26 2017 05:06pm)
Thank you!

This absolutely sounds like chronic allergies. You should see an allergist immediately and get full panel tested for everything including dust mites, mold, dog/cat dander, pollen, etc.

In order to allergen proof your home after knowing what allergies you have, you will need to use a mattress encasement, pillow protectors, allergen bedding (including allergen proof comforter), get rid of all the carpet in your house and replace with laminate , wood, or tile, have a professional company clean your A/C unit and then use an allergen A/C Filter (change it once a month), also get a good air purified (such as Alen) and run it on max all the time in your bedroom - changing the filters as prescribed. Furthermore, you would need to keep your house clean, using a HEPA vacuum, and mopping as necessary. Put away clothes/towels and other linens rather than leaving them out.

All of these will greatly help your allergies and most likely even make them go away.

You can also use the NeilMed Sinus Rinse product, which is much better than a Nettipot.

http://www.target.com/p/neilmed-pharmaceuticals-original-sinus-rinse-kit-packets-50-count/-/A-13342400?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=bing_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Health+Beauty+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Health+Beauty&LID=700000001230728pbs&gclid=%5B*GCLID*%5D&network=s&device=c&querystring=&gclid=[*GCLID*]&gclsrc=ds

good luck!

Thanks!!! Definitely going to do all this. some will take longer to implement than others (like removing carpet). I should really start shopping for a house anyway.

sorry didnt mean to downplay your 2000 pages. You have been one of the most generous and respectful persons I have met, certainly online and even in my in person network of friends and family. The issue 1000 pages ago when people were trolling you shows, when you were about to leave and 100+ people voted for you to stay truly shows the impact you have provided to the community.
Feb 27 2017 05:50pm
Quote (leemyungbak @ Feb 27 2017 03:58am)
Thanks!!! Definitely going to do all this. some will take longer to implement than others (like removing carpet). I should really start shopping for a house anyway.

sorry didnt mean to downplay your 2000 pages. You have been one of the most generous and respectful persons I have met, certainly online and even in my in person network of friends and family. The issue 1000 pages ago when people were trolling you shows, when you were about to leave and 100+ people voted for you to stay truly shows the impact you have provided to the community.

Thank you so much for the kind words. Good luck!
Gold: 0.00
Mar 1 2017 11:05am
Congrats on 2000 pages!

A little reminiscing.. You helped me lose my initial 150 lbs out of high school, that was around 2009. You're a constant well of information and I hope you have another 2000 pages!

And on another note.. I'm around 215 right now, working towards my first USAPL meet "my goal is 1 year"..

My numbers are:

Squat 365x1
DL 415x1
Bench 225x1 "I know, terrible"

Would it be a bad idea to start a clean bulk, even though I'm sitting around 20% bf?
Gold: 3,804.50
Mar 2 2017 02:24pm
Can you recommend a toothpaste for sensitive teeth? I usually use the arm and hammer baking soda one. I have cold sensitivity which I can easily get around, but the dentist office always uses water/air that's too cold for me. I want something that can help block that
Gold: 0.00
Mar 5 2017 06:53pm
Quote (carteblanche @ Mar 2 2017 03:24pm)
Can you recommend a toothpaste for sensitive teeth? I usually use the arm and hammer baking soda one. I have cold sensitivity which I can easily get around, but the dentist office always uses water/air that's too cold for me. I want something that can help block that

rub cocaine on your gums before walking in the door.

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1199819992000200120022039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll