d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Add Elemental Masteries To Melee
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,888.88
Feb 15 2023 05:56pm
The Idea is based around the ITEMS that have +X% Ice... Earth, Wind & Fire Masteries (Elemental) that are on the items you are using.

Have the +% Elemental damage deal Ice or Earth, Wind & Fire damage on the Weapons BASE damage ONLY when your Melee attack has a successful hit.

There are monster Abilities that deal Physical + Elemental damage already. Listed below from here: https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=21

Code
Huntaguar Wind Fist Attack (physical + wind)
Glazier Ice-sickle Attack (physical + ice)
Necrotic Ice Breath (multi-target)
Lavoulder Fire Fist Attack (physical + fire)
Shocktooth Electric Bite (physical + lightning)

So I would think it can be implemented easily. Also, I think they should Stack, this is why I stated Weapons BASE damage ONLY.

EDIT: I voted Yes, jfyi

On a different thought, should you also gain Prof points for that/those Elemental damage when you melee attack? I would say No, might be a bit OP, but then it is just another idea maybe.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 15 2023 06:01pm
Gold: 15,492.18
Trader: Trusted
Feb 15 2023 06:13pm
Just to clarify I get it right.

You suggestion is the following:

- Me having Rank 29 Wind proff and 12 light prof
- I do a melee attack with a 100 base Damage / 100%ee weapon
- my damage output gonna be a total of 241 damage
- 200 damage phys hit + 29 damage wind hit + 12 damage light hit

On one hand I really do like to improve the benefit from having different profs on a higher level.

On the other hand I do think its Hella hard to code (not an expert at all in that) and it might be to strong even though the base of the calculations is only base damage
Gold: 1,322,460.00
Feb 15 2023 06:21pm
voted no because the invisible bar is blocking the yes button.

sorry
Feb 15 2023 06:55pm
Quote (4ndr3as @ 16 Feb 2023 13:13)
Just to clarify I get it right.

You suggestion is the following:

- Me having Rank 29 Wind proff and 12 light prof
- I do a melee attack with a 100 base Damage / 100%ee weapon
- my damage output gonna be a total of 241 damage
- 200 damage phys hit + 29 damage wind hit + 12 damage light hit

On one hand I really do like to improve the benefit from having different profs on a higher level.

On the other hand I do think its Hella hard to code (not an expert at all in that) and it might be to strong even though the base of the calculations is only base damage

Hmm, I may have missed something out.

- Dagger (level 55 base damage = 56 to 98)
- Your dagger has +10% Wind Mastery ... Armor +5% Ice Mastery ... and main charm +5% Ice Mastery (ACC doesn't count)
- You deal 77 physical damage and adds 10% Wind damage (7.7) and also adds 10% Ice damage (7.7)
- So total damage is 92 damage. (Excluding Dex and Enhanced Effect in this example)

Now I did not think about your Prof Rank, and if that is added into it, then that could work also example.

- You deal 77 physical damage and adds 10% Wind Mastery + 29% Wind Rank = 39% (30.6) and also adds 10% Ice damage (7.7)
- So total damage is 115 damage.

EDIT: I am not sure how Dexterity increases your weapon damage, I would think it is towards the weapons base damage, so that would roughly increase say, by about 1% per stat ... so 100 dex would make make the base 560 - 980 ... I would think Bigheaded can correct me here and set it out better.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 15 2023 07:05pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Feb 15 2023 07:00pm
I like it, alchemist can punch and kill stuff just based on all elemental profs
Gold: 27,504.59
Feb 15 2023 07:21pm
Voted no so all of Nic’s useless OCD prof doesn’t become justified
Gold: 15,492.18
Feb 15 2023 07:44pm
Nvm on the quote.

I do think it would be a very interesting change

E/ I would prefer seeing profs giving Damage mitigation for the elements/melee instead

This post was edited by 4ndr3as on Feb 15 2023 07:47pm
Feb 15 2023 07:46pm
Quote (ToughGuy_TJ @ 16 Feb 2023 14:21)
Voted no so all of Nic’s useless OCD prof doesn’t become justified

Initially I wasn't talking about someones Prof Ranking, I was talking about the +X% Masteries on ITEMS... later on, someone pointed this out, so you could have voted "Needs Tweaking".

See, first paragraph of my initial post:

Quote (izParagonzi @ 16 Feb 2023 12:56)
The Idea is based around the ITEMS that have +X% Ice... Earth, Wind & Fire Masteries (Elemental) that are on the items you are using.

Have the +% Elemental damage deal Ice or Earth, Wind & Fire damage on the Weapons BASE damage ONLY when your Melee attack has a successful hit.

There are monster Abilities that deal Physical + Elemental damage already. Listed below from here: https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=21

Code

So I would think it can be implemented easily. Also, I think they should Stack, this is why I stated Weapons BASE damage ONLY.

EDIT: I voted Yes, jfyi

On a different thought, should you also gain Prof points for that/those Elemental damage when you melee attack? I would say No, might be a bit OP, but then it is just another idea maybe.

EDIT: and you did point out something that may make it OP. Thanks, so Prof Rankings should not be included then.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 15 2023 07:49pm
Gold: 50,735.13
Warn: 30%
Feb 15 2023 08:09pm
Unpacked now declared put you confined daughter improved. Celebrated imprudence few interested especially reasonable off one. Wonder bed elinor family secure met. It want gave west into high no in. Depend repair met before man admire see and. An he observe be it covered delight hastily message. Margaret no ladyship endeavor ye to settling.

In post mean shot ye. There out her child sir his lived. Design at uneasy me season of branch on praise esteem. Abilities discourse believing consisted remaining to no. Mistaken no me denoting dashwood as screened. Whence or esteem easily he on. Dissuade husbands at of no if disposal.

Smallest directly families surprise honoured am an. Speaking replying mistress him numerous she returned feelings may day. Evening way luckily son exposed get general greatly. Zealously prevailed be arranging do. Set arranging too dejection september happiness. Understood instrument or do connection no appearance do invitation. Dried quick round it or order. Add past see west felt did any. Say out noise you taste merry plate you share. My resolve arrived is we chamber be removal.

so I voted no. Sorry!

This post was edited by Bob888 on Feb 15 2023 08:09pm
Members++
Gold: 505,061.21
Feb 15 2023 08:16pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 16 Feb 2023 00:56)

Code

These monsters arent a melee attack with element dmg

These attacks are double attack, where it melee + cast.
So what you're asking for isnt the same thing at all, you're asking to get a singular action that deals 2 types of dmg and not a double attack with melee + caster
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll