d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions > Path Of Exile Sticky Post For Minimizing Acc Bans
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 21 2023 07:13am
Hello Dear JSP Team recently many people been more and more banned due to Fact that Experienced User reduce the Rate of their Risk by 0 and increases the Ban Rate of others significantly.

The Way they do it is by Creating just a New Account Level it to a Certein Level to act like they are Save to trade with because their JSP Profil might have 5000 Posts, 300.000 Forum Gold bla bla.

But in reality this might be their 3rd,7th or 20th acc as the recent's got banned as they trading with a High volume of inGame Currency on unrealstic accounts and in the end everyone they traded with get chain banned.

and the Only People who suffer under this are the unexperienced and maybe NEW JSP User.

aint we supposed to be a community and Help each other and not let the unexperienced get left behind and their acc's most likely in the end get banned because they just dont get warned correctly?

I Realy would like to see a Sticky Post about Signals of a unsecure Trade which can leads in a Account ban of those people if people still wants trade with those with an existing Warning Posts in the Area okay then its their fault but leaving them unwarned shouldnt be.

Hope to work together to secure the next generation of JSP user in that section.
Gold: 9,205.00
Gold: 56.30
Jan 21 2023 12:53pm
Honestly, I do not think it is needed.

If you make the choice to trade, you make the choice to do so knowing it violates the ToS of the game you are playing and are responsible for the consequences of those actions.
Your account can be "flagged" for any number of reasons, at any time, if you choose to do so.

What your suggesting, or so it sounds, is a witch hunt.
A list of people that should not be traded with based on feelings (such as not liking flippers).

JSP has a system for notifying the community of real threats, it is the scammer-tagged system.
If you feel someone is INTENTIONALLY getting people banned, then posting in the S/a with relevant evidence would seem to be the appropriate action here.

Otherwise, it is just assumptions and bias.

This post was edited by bodierox on Jan 21 2023 12:55pm
Gold: 0.00
Jan 21 2023 01:02pm
Quote (bodierox @ Jan 21 2023 07:53pm)
Honestly, I do not think it is needed.

If you make the choice to trade, you make the choice to do so knowing it violates the ToS of the game you are playing and are responsible for the consequences of those actions.
Your account can be "flagged" for any number of reasons, at any time, if you choose to do so.

What your suggesting, or so it sounds, is a witch hunt.
A list of people that should not be traded with based on feelings (such as not liking flippers).

JSP has a system for notifying the community of real threats, it is the scammer-tagged system.
If you feel someone is INTENTIONALLY getting people banned, then posting in the S/a with relevant evidence would seem to be the appropriate action here.

Otherwise, it is just assumptions and bias.

all i want is a Guideline to Minimize Ban-Risk in which way it is a witch hunt i mean you also give in other section guidelines how to avoid beeing scammed.
I Mean if we have like a little Guide Signs of a unsecure/MORE risky Trade leading to banned account shouldnt that be something we even supposed to welcome?
Gold: 56.30
Jan 21 2023 01:19pm
Quote (KaitoKid22 @ 21 Jan 2023 13:02)
all i want is a Guideline to Minimize Ban-Risk in which way it is a witch hunt i mean you also give in other section guidelines how to avoid beeing scammed.
I Mean if we have like a little Guide Signs of a unsecure/MORE risky Trade leading to banned account shouldnt that be something we even supposed to welcome?

For a site that is about trading, it would seem counter-intuitive to have a guide indicating who not to trade with.

You made a post here - https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=98977815&f=112
Is this how you plan to indicate who should be traded?
If so, it's about as relevant as the 2/3 rule here on JSP, for a few reasons:

1. Even viewing that information requires the user to have their profile set to public.
2. Many people (myself included) do not frequent the POE forums on the actual site, nor have lifetime rewards, etc.
3. you state this as
sure your account get banned
, which seems highly presumptuous.

While there might be a small shred of fact to this, your account could just as well be banned by trading with someone with years of time on the site.
JSP has protocols and tools in place to help ensure its users do not get scammed using JSP. As I stated before, when a user trades, they do so knowing it can violate the ToS of the game and
result in action against their in-game accounts. this is their (the user's) risk.
It is listed directly in the trading rules: https://forums.d2jsp.org/info.php?p=6
Note: All trading is at your own risk.

In the end, the account didn't get banned because you traded with them, it got banned because you (they) traded in general which violates the game's ToS.

This post was edited by bodierox on Jan 21 2023 01:22pm
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll