d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > RuneScape > When Is Rs3 Considered Dead
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,398.69
Sep 28 2022 03:59pm
Quote (IcyLemonade @ Sep 28 2022 04:58pm)
I’m playing new world now instead of my normal osrs and rs3 grind so yeah Lmaoo fun tho

also a dead mmo that is supposed to be revived will probably not play cause heard its osrs clone and all my buddies play giim with me i love it

Gold: 27,012.00
Sep 28 2022 04:05pm
Quote (Jupe @ Sep 28 2022 08:29am)
it's not as if there are zero bots on rs3 my dude, there's tons just like there are on osrs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_P7ZypQuWA
back when i played i remember specifically grotworms were hilarious because there would be so many bots you could literally not do your slayer task. I just checked the wiki and saw this rofl
https://i.imgur.com/zqMB61d.png

and i never said rs3 is trash because osrs has more players, rs3 is trash because its trash lol

Botting is a problem for literally any MMO. The argument on whether RS3 has more or less than OSRS will never end because we will never get the raw data from Jagex.

What specifically is "trash" about RS3 in your opinion? Really the only thing I can think of, that's specifically isolated to RS3, is the MTX. Which I agree with. I'm not a fan of MTX, but it's quite simple to NOT participate in.
What threshold/criteria do you use to consider a game "bad" or "trash"? When I think of game criteria I think of a few things:

• Audio/Video Issues
  • Glitches/Gameplay disruptions
  • Little or no progression
  • Bad interfaces/controls
  • Weak storyline
  • No endgame or replayability

When looking at that list, RS3 actually has good music/audio. This is a personal take since music/audio is personal preference, but it's a LOT better than what I've seen in other games.
Glitches/Gameplay disruptions - I haven't really experienced any game breaking glitches that have ruined my experience. Minor graphical glitches can be fixed by simply logging in/out or teleporting out/back.
RS3 has arguably better/more progression then most other MMO's. Essentially having new things to do as you progress through your skills/levels. You can progress your ability/skill through learning on easier content and graduate to the more difficult content. It's quite linear and will explain things along the way.
Controls/Interface - You can completely customize your entire interface/controls to WHATEVER you want. So again, not an issue.
Storyline, if you pay attention to it during quests, is actually quite in-depth. They do a good job explaining the main content and the side content without ruining future content you haven't explored yet.
Endgame/Replayability - this one speaks for itself. I think that RS3 has a solid end-game and tons of replayability. Only issue is that you're not always able to re-do a quest, which some people might enjoy.

Again - if you can give me the reasons I'd be open to discussion. But if your reason is "it's trash because it's trash" - well you're just being ignorant.

Quote (KelseyHiltz @ Sep 28 2022 12:39pm)
Are you uneducated? OSRS is for the skilled, rs3 is a complete joke.

What makes OSRS for the skilled? Hardest things I can think of are solo raids, inferno, and MAYBE tick manipulation for skilling/bossing?

Quote (KelseyHiltz @ Sep 28 2022 12:42pm)
Rs3 is trash, it's also a joke altogether. Rs3 should have never existed, why it evolved into such trash I will never understand.

What makes it trash in your opinion?

Quote (Jupe @ Sep 28 2022 02:28pm)
my favorite part about rs3 is that people hated EoC so much, yrs later they made an auto-mode revolution for it that activated basics, and people STILL didn't like it so they brought back 'legacy mode', and people S T I L L didn't like it and they decided to make revolution just auto activate all abilities LMFAO

Early EoC was forced onto people who were used to a simple click and wait style of combat. A lot of people, just like myself, quit after that because it wasn't the game we were used to. A lot of people ended up coming back to the refined EoC and really enjoy it.
Over the years they've done a fantastic job of refining EoC and the combat mechanics.

Revolution is a way for people who don't want a click intensive game to still enjoy Runescape. Legacy mode was brought back, but when compared with the damage output of the EoC, it's not as efficient.

To play devils advocate, you're complaining about a system that auto attacks for you. OSRS does exactly that - auto attacks for you. You click once and that's it. Unless you break combat yourself in OSRS, through clicking off monsters, eating, etc. you continue to remain auto attacking without any input. Hell, you even have auto retaliate, so you can just sit there, auto retaliate, and the game will do the combat for you. What's the difference?

Quote (ISellLeagueBoosts @ Sep 28 2022 05:43pm)
good joke.
inferno is like... mid tier pve in rs3.

None of the bosses past like arax can be auto'd
/e even then autoing arax is like shooting yourself in the foot, easier to just you know learn the new combat system.

They probably won't listen to any input and are stuck in their ways. I debated on even posting a relatively long response like this, because I have a funny feeling they'll just reiterate their own narrative of "hurr durr rs3 bad, osrs good" without providing anything objective to back up their statements.

I agree that MTX is bad and has downplayed a lot of the achievements people have spent time and effort grinding for, but let's be real here. Nobody gives a fuck about the high-scores and it's a piss poor excuse.
Does it make the grind easier? Yeah, but what's wrong with that? You can already buy accounts for 1000% less the price of the boosts/MTX and we're also debating on a fucking gaming board that is used to pay other people to do shit for you, but they won't address that.
Gold: 3,398.69
Sep 28 2022 04:25pm
Quote (xrmd @ Sep 28 2022 05:05pm)
Botting is a problem for literally any MMO. The argument on whether RS3 has more or less than OSRS will never end because we will never get the raw data from Jagex.

What specifically is "trash" about RS3 in your opinion? Really the only thing I can think of, that's specifically isolated to RS3, is the MTX. Which I agree with. I'm not a fan of MTX, but it's quite simple to NOT participate in.
What threshold/criteria do you use to consider a game "bad" or "trash"? When I think of game criteria I think of a few things:
  • Audio/Video Issues
  • Glitches/Gameplay disruptions
  • Little or no progression
  • Bad interfaces/controls
  • Weak storyline
  • No endgame or replayability

When looking at that list, RS3 actually has good music/audio. This is a personal take since music/audio is personal preference, but it's a LOT better than what I've seen in other games.
Glitches/Gameplay disruptions - I haven't really experienced any game breaking glitches that have ruined my experience. Minor graphical glitches can be fixed by simply logging in/out or teleporting out/back.
RS3 has arguably better/more progression then most other MMO's. Essentially having new things to do as you progress through your skills/levels. You can progress your ability/skill through learning on easier content and graduate to the more difficult content. It's quite linear and will explain things along the way.
Controls/Interface - You can completely customize your entire interface/controls to WHATEVER you want. So again, not an issue.
Storyline, if you pay attention to it during quests, is actually quite in-depth. They do a good job explaining the main content and the side content without ruining future content you haven't explored yet.
Endgame/Replayability - this one speaks for itself. I think that RS3 has a solid end-game and tons of replayability. Only issue is that you're not always able to re-do a quest, which some people might enjoy.

Again - if you can give me the reasons I'd be open to discussion. But if your reason is "it's trash because it's trash" - well you're just being ignorant.

They probably won't listen to any input and are stuck in their ways. I debated on even posting a relatively long response like this, because I have a funny feeling they'll just reiterate their own narrative of "hurr durr rs3 bad, osrs good" without providing anything objective to back up their statements.

I agree that MTX is bad and has downplayed a lot of the achievements people have spent time and effort grinding for, but let's be real here. Nobody gives a fuck about the high-scores and it's a piss poor excuse.
Does it make the grind easier? Yeah, but what's wrong with that? You can already buy accounts for 1000% less the price of the boosts/MTX and we're also debating on a fucking gaming board that is used to pay other people to do shit for you, but they won't address that.

everything you can say positive about rs3 you can also say about osrs

you can p2w both

its really whatever skin you prefer and how much apm you wanna have

i prefer osrs

This post was edited by Bradleyk on Sep 28 2022 04:28pm
Gold: 162.49
Sep 28 2022 04:30pm
:santa:
Sep 28 2022 05:42pm
Quote (Bradleyk @ Sep 28 2022 06:25pm)
everything you can say positive about rs3 you can also say about osrs

you can p2w both

its really whatever skin you prefer and how much apm you wanna have

i prefer osrs

Agreed
Gold: 2,420.00
Sep 28 2022 06:29pm

Lmao the mtx in rs3 is toxic to the degree of mobile game cash grabs, to the point where even the creators of runescape were extremely disappointed in the direction the new owners took :rofl: Fuck lol, i even remember when jagex tried to copy the fortnite model of the Runepass goddamn hahahaha. Not only do they want you to sub to the game but hey, maybe you should dish out some extra money to earn those juicy bonuses, vomit emoji. The amount of cringe mtx in rs3 is both a massive disappointment, and at the same time astounding that they found out so many ways to try to get you to fork over a bit more cash for in-game convenience that could have literally been offered for free - and the fact that people will sit here and defend/allow it is so sad. I still remember when osrs came out with an update early on to increase bank space and they did it for free, meanwhile RS3 was like, 'oh yeah buddy fork over 180 runecoins and we'll give you 50 more bank slots' and rs3 players would defend it saying shit like, "oh well you don't really need the extra bank space, and the devs took a lot of time to work on increasing the bank space spaghetti code so you should be grateful they even did it" LMFAO. I also remember the promise they had for the bank improvement and it took over 2 yrs to even say 'yeah we're still working on it' LMAO! Even when I played HCIM there were still a lot of mtx shit you could get with runecoins and people kinda just shook their heads 'oh well its not THAT big of a deal to get these bonuses...' Super cringe, super sad, VERY trash tier qualities in a game. Like, I genuinely don't know what worst qualities a game could possess?

Related, I actually remember people who used to play rs to casually compete on the hiscores (like ppl do on osrs) but jfc lol RS3 took the direction of being such a joke with all the mtx bonus xp bonanzas dailys galore it's not even a thing i have EVER heard of a rs3 player ever doing - at least on the normie mode. I mean what would even be the point? You could take 200 hours fishing those jellyfish for the fishing gains and joe schmoe will buy $2k worth of keys and get the same xp rofl. I'm pretty sure I remember some schizo guy who max'd on rs3 only doing spins/keys to gain xp lol, hilarious. I guess you can take the autistic approach "you don't have to compete with other people on HS when you play" which honestly is probably the only reasonable approach you can even have in RS3 because the trash mtx that ruined the game is not going away lol.

the audio is trash in both games, muted 24/7
the graphics bugs in rs3 were extremely annoying when i played 2/10 in that department
storyline is lame as fuck, so is the sixth age crap, sliske final quest was a solid 7/10 tho (osrs also trash here i spacebar every quest esp kourend crap)

Endgame\replayability tho? idk 120s are pretty stupid if you ask me, the 120 slayer expansion also may be one of the biggest disappointments i have ever witnessed playing runescape (i wasn't around when divination came out but i also assume that was up there in terms of disappointment)

Personal note: master clues are so, SO, SOOOOOOOOO disappointing on rs3, that combined with how RS3's puzzle clues are ugly af and always require 150+ clicks are prob my personal two biggest gripes with the game.

This post was edited by Jupe on Sep 28 2022 06:29pm
Gold: 0.00
Sep 28 2022 06:41pm
Quote (Jupe @ Sep 28 2022 07:29pm)
^xrmd

Lmao the mtx in rs3 is toxic to the degree of mobile game cash grabs, to the point where even the creators of runescape were extremely disappointed in the direction the new owners took :rofl: Fuck lol, i even remember when jagex tried to copy the fortnite model of the Runepass goddamn hahahaha. Not only do they want you to sub to the game but hey, maybe you should dish out some extra money to earn those juicy bonuses, vomit emoji. The amount of cringe mtx in rs3 is both a massive disappointment, and at the same time astounding that they found out so many ways to try to get you to fork over a bit more cash for in-game convenience that could have literally been offered for free - and the fact that people will sit here and defend/allow it is so sad. I still remember when osrs came out with an update early on to increase bank space and they did it for free, meanwhile RS3 was like, 'oh yeah buddy fork over 180 runecoins and we'll give you 50 more bank slots' and rs3 players would defend it saying shit like, "oh well you don't really need the extra bank space, and the devs took a lot of time to work on increasing the bank space spaghetti code so you should be grateful they even did it" LMFAO. I also remember the promise they had for the bank improvement and it took over 2 yrs to even say 'yeah we're still working on it' LMAO! Even when I played HCIM there were still a lot of mtx shit you could get with runecoins and people kinda just shook their heads 'oh well its not THAT big of a deal to get these bonuses...' Super cringe, super sad, VERY trash tier qualities in a game. Like, I genuinely don't know what worst qualities a game could possess?

Related, I actually remember people who used to play rs to casually compete on the hiscores (like ppl do on osrs) but jfc lol RS3 took the direction of being such a joke with all the mtx bonus xp bonanzas dailys galore it's not even a thing i have EVER heard of a rs3 player ever doing - at least on the normie mode. I mean what would even be the point? You could take 200 hours fishing those jellyfish for the fishing gains and joe schmoe will buy $2k worth of keys and get the same xp rofl. I'm pretty sure I remember some schizo guy who max'd on rs3 only doing spins/keys to gain xp lol, hilarious. I guess you can take the autistic approach "you don't have to compete with other people on HS when you play" which honestly is probably the only reasonable approach you can even have in RS3 because the trash mtx that ruined the game is not going away lol.

the graphics bugs in rs3 were extremely annoying when i played 2/10 in that department
storyline is lame as fuck, so is the sixth age crap, sliske final quest was a solid 7/10 tho (osrs also trash here i spacebar every quest esp kourend crap)

Endgame\replayability tho? idk 120s are pretty stupid if you ask me, the 120 slayer expansion also may be one of the biggest disappointments i have ever witnessed playing runescape (i wasn't around when divination came out but i also assume that was up there in terms of disappointment)

Personal note: master clues are so, SO, SOOOOOOOOO disappointing on rs3, that combined with how RS3's puzzle clues are ugly af and always require 150+ clicks are prob my personal two biggest gripes with the game.

my man you just typed vomit emoji and 4 words later typed cringe.
Grow up, you are way to old to be typing like that.
Sep 28 2022 09:23pm
Quote (Jupe @ Sep 28 2022 08:29pm)
^xrmd

Every company and video game had their own version of the "Battle-Pass" when Fortnite came out, so that's not unique to RS3. DoTA2 and TF2 were the pioneers that started it all but Fortnite popularized it.
Competing for Highscores hasn't really been a thing since probably 2010 when dungeoneering came out. You were either part of the top couple hundred players that no-lifed it or you were a casual like the rest of us.
Nobody, and I mean that with 100% certainty, outside of Ish if I remember correctly, competed for high scores. Nobody I knew that played RS, both OSRS and RS3 competed for high scores. None of my clan-mates, none of my IRL mates, etc.
I'm not defending that paying for things like extra bank space is a bad look. I agree with you that it's silly we have to pay for more space. I also agree that MTX is prominent in the game and predatory but that's not unique to RS3. That's just the landscape of gaming in today's day and age.
However where I will disagree is that it's not game breaking, nor does it make the core game experience BAD. I have never purchased bank slots on RS3 and I have numerous 1-4 dose pots, an entire slayer drop tab, armor/weapons tab, runes tab, etc. and I don't have space issues. The ONLY time I ever had bank space issues was when I was training Archaeology and I wasn't aware of the storage unit.

Highlighted above, referencing your "What would be the point?" remark. First and fore-most, your average Joe Schmoe is not dropping $2k regularly on the game. That's a whale and they're the minority when it comes to the player-base. Every game has whales; again it's not unique to Runescape.
But for most, the point is that people play for different reasons. I would say that most people play the game simply because they enjoy it. You can play at your own pace by casually skilling, or participating in the more click intensive methods that reward you with more experience. Others play for the social aspect of talking to other players/clan-mates, enjoying the lore/content/story the game has to offer, progression of their character, killing monsters and developing an understanding to kill harder bosses/monsters.

The MTX you could "buy" as an ironman in RS3 is purely cosmetic with Runecoins. Unsure how this effects the highscore grind you reference or even changing the core gameplay. There's no P2W aspect at all. You can't get bonus experience from any methods in RS3 Ironman. There was 1-2 days I believe they had an event where you could trade Runecoins for experience, but the conversion rate was so god awful you'd be spending something like 2 coins for 50 exp.

Does a game having MTX make it inherently bad? If so, you're looking at probably 75% or more of EVERY MMO being "bad".
The guy that "maxed" on RS3 by only using spins/keys spent around $13k IIRC. It was "A Friend" on Youtube

I would also point out that that's all he did. He didn't experience any of the things the game has to offer. Quests, PvM, Skilling, Bossing, etc.

Audio being trash - I beg to differ, but that's your opinion. I'm sure the majority of people play with music off, but if they listened to it they would actually have a different opinion on it.
Graphics bugs - what graphics bugs are you talking about? I've played RS3 forever and the "worst" graphics bugs that weren't one-offs were roofs being displayed when they weren't supposed to be. Typically graphics bugs are not client side, rather a hardware problem on the users end.
Story-line being lame as fuck again, I disagree with. They've built an entire universe with complicated, deep, and interwoven lore with numerous old characters that pay homage to what Runescape was, while adding new characters for further content. Sometimes you even get the sprinkle of the Dev's personal touch and humor which is always nice.
End-game/replayability - you're basing it solely off the 120 experience? You can replay boss fights for continuous income/loot to further develop your character. You can unlock new training methods as you progress through your levels. You can grind out skilling content that you enjoy personally to further your character. As you've mastered this, you can start going for 99's. You can start fighting harder bosses and monsters. You can start going for collection logs, pet hunting, clue scrolls, quest capes, master capes, completionist capes, and even trimmed completionist capes. There's literally thousands worth of hours of content that people can do.
Master clues are frustrating as they involve lots of puzzles, but the Dev's had to do that because people used plug-ins (Alt 1) to make it go by faster. Earlier on I never used Alt 1 for the puzzles and I still enjoyed them. Now I use Alt 1 and I STILL enjoy opening up the clue caskets.
The puzzles being ugly? Again, that's subjective and purely your opinion. I think that RS3 puzzles look fantastic and it's better than the 16-bit designs that OSRS uses, but again, subjective.

Your entire first paragraph in summary is; MTX in RS3 is a cash grab and that's bad. Well, surprise, people don't make games for free. Especially when Chinese overlords take over and want to monetize the game further.
OSRS players should be happy because I'm sure that RS3 and their MTX is funding most of OSRS and keeping it alive and operational.
Gold: 326.55
Sep 28 2022 09:57pm
MTX never remains purely cosmetic.

The only things RS3 had over OSRS, IMO, were Dungeoneering and the, uh, Runespar? The low level Runecrafting training field?
And now it's just Dungeoneering, since OSRS has it's own RC minigame.

I don't know about you, , but I'm one of the many people that only have a membership because of OSRS.
Sep 28 2022 10:08pm
Quote (tn5421 @ Sep 28 2022 11:57pm)
MTX never remains purely cosmetic.

The only things RS3 had over OSRS, IMO, were Dungeoneering and the, uh, Runespar? The low level Runecrafting training field?
And now it's just Dungeoneering, since OSRS has it's own RC minigame.

I don't know about you, ^xrmd, but I'm one of the many people that only have a membership because of OSRS.

Crazy thing for me is I HATE dungeoneering. I don't think it should be a skill. Should have been left as a minigame of some sort.

Runespan is what it's called. Similar to OSRS RC minigame I think. It's actually a decent method to train RC in higher levels, it's how I got 99 since it has some AFK to it.

I pay for 1 membership that's been grand-fathered in over the years. I have a second account that is my friends OSRS account that I'll play on VERY casually to do some end-game content since I didn't want to re-grind max on my main in OSRS.
Go Back To RuneScape Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll