Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,273.00
Sep 28 2022 10:36pm
Can confirm Runespan was the actual only good thing in rs3
Gold: 0.31
Sep 28 2022 11:36pm
Quote (Vilify @ Sep 29 2022 12:36am)

Wrong. I would suck off both of the gower brothers for a pvm hub on osrs.
Gold: 2,420.00
Sep 29 2022 07:46am
Quote (tn5421 @ Sep 28 2022 11:57pm)
MTX never remains purely cosmetic.

The only things RS3 had over OSRS, IMO, were Dungeoneering and the, uh, Runespar? The low level Runecrafting training field?
And now it's just Dungeoneering, since OSRS has it's own RC minigame.

I don't know about you, ^xrmd, but I'm one of the many people that only have a membership because of OSRS.

Quote (Vilify @ Sep 29 2022 12:36am)

its been eons since ive done runespan, but i don't particularly remember it being very fun, but i will certainly agree that regular RC is pretty awful :rofl: gotr is definitely more rewarding than runespan was (not necessary a good thing), and i think it might actually be more fun tbh

Quote (ISellLeagueBoosts @ Sep 28 2022 08:41pm)
my man you just typed vomit emoji and 4 words later typed cringe.
Grow up, you are way to old to be typing like that.

This post was edited by Jupe on Sep 29 2022 07:54am
Gold: 300,315.49
Sep 29 2022 10:39am
Rs3 is still rebuilding it has a long way to go before I start putting it into my thoughts as a game to rival osrs

I’ve been hard pressed to find a better mmo to reward my time put in than osrs

This guy who sells league boosts tho, vomit emoji, pretty cringe

This post was edited by Bradleyk on Sep 29 2022 10:40am
Gold: 1,001.00
Sep 29 2022 11:02am
Quote (Jupe @ Sep 28 2022 07:29am)
it's not as if there are zero bots on rs3 my dude, there's tons just like there are on osrs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_P7ZypQuWA
back when i played i remember specifically grotworms were hilarious because there would be so many bots you could literally not do your slayer task. I just checked the wiki and saw this rofl
https://i.imgur.com/zqMB61d.png

and i never said rs3 is trash because osrs has more players, rs3 is trash because its trash lol

get em jupe. I agree w/ jupes takes etc not reading past page 2. RS3 isn't dead, just different. I know many late game pvmers who swapped from osrs to rs3 when they're bored. Both games are fine. Sorry if someone already posted this.
Gold: 369.69
Sep 29 2022 11:27am
a couple years ago i think
Sep 29 2022 02:08pm

Does a game having MTX make it inherently bad? If so, you're looking at probably 75% or more of EVERY MMO being "bad".

lmfao yes?? If it's as bad as RS3 is, definitely yes. Especially since it was a game that went 10+ years without any of the bullshit lol. At least when you pick up some dumb game like final fantasy you start playing knowing there's bullshit afoot, rs just one day decided to shit on all their longtime players.

Like one small example of the epic elite skilling outfits.
https://runescape.wiki/w/Elder_divination_outfit
You get 4 days to try to win a full set of this shit where it is probably impossible unless you dump money into keys, and look at what you get for a full set.

Yes, this is literally the most perfect idea ever. Let's make a special set of gear that offers all sorts of sick benefits be only available to gambling for it with irl money, and you only have a few days to win it. L O L This shit may actually be even worse than fortnite. And I just remembered RS3 had to edit a bunch of their mtx because UK gambling laws essentially said that what companies like jagex were doing was so bad (to children mostly iirc) that they had to be reeled in. If my memory serves me right, Jagex being targeted by the UK was actually the reason why they made shit like that divination outfit to be earned in-game rather than through online gambling.

As much as i dislike to defend all those other trash games people play today, like fortnite children, apex losers or genshin impact freaks, at least their game is fucking free, and you know what you're getting into - if the product is free you're the product - RS3 devs are selling you a membership AND trying to extract as much cash from you as they can LMAO and you STILL have rs3 players defending this shit and just going well it's not that big of a deal hehe :)

As for mtx in the ironman mode there were things but after all this time I don't really remember much of them, and there's so much stuff it probably wouldn't be fun to dig through it all. The only thing that comes to mind right away were the legendary pets having some pretty decent advantages to em. Yes, you can sit here and argue that they're not the biggest advantage you can have, but they did help out (i would know i got one) and you paid $$$ for them. Also the loyalty store is dumb as fuck too, i lol hard at people who get locked out of the bis auras cause they didn't stay subbed for yrs hahahahahah.

side note: to a friends video, says a lot about how terrible a game is when you can just max your acc via a credit card lol

side note 2: We're on a forum for two versions of the same game, and guess what? One game has all this toxic mtx you say is common in the gaming industry, and one doesn't LOL!

The hiscores situation, I think it brings two different ideas to the table:
Firstly, I don't think it's anything anyone cares about on rs3 because as I said before the games ruined. As for osrs, lots of people I know who played at the start were really into the 'competing' aspect and I think a lot of people are still into it today. When I played hcim on rs3 I wasn't really competing to be the top, since i had a job and school n shit but it was still fun to check the hiscores every now and then to see where I was vs other hcim at the time. Same with my osrs ultimate ironman, I'm pretty high in the hiscores and I think its fun. Would I think its fun if someone swiped their credit card and suddenly did better than me? No, lol. That statement alone describes RS3's situation and everyone's disengagement of the hiscores.

Secondly, being respectful in regards to the hiscores has actually led to some positive benefits in osrs that may be unexpected. Devs don't just release updates that absolutely shit on xp gains of the past. RS3 has essentially came out with update after update after update, increasing xp/hr in all skills for whatever unbeknown reason. I guess it's cause nobody gives a shit about xp/hr in a game where you can buy it with a credit card. Those agility boots were pretty fucking funny though, I remember people being on suicide watch when those came out.

For something I actually care about, master clues are so dogshit, in so many different ways yo, like it is not even funny, it is only sad. I will agree with some of my rs3 friends that elite clues are a bit of a hassle with their types of clues, but jfc at least they had some originality. Master clues have RIDDLE clues! WHY? They have same clue types from elites in even easier places than elite clues. Big sad, why couldn't they make them fun? Probably cause most of the devs are on the mtx team. Also how tf do you think the rs3 slider puzzles aren't disgusting? Like fuck, when i'm trying to solve a puzzle I don't want to sit there trying to decipher what each fucking tile is, I want it to be challenging not hurt my eyes.

This is a good slider puzzle that has enough detail to help you solve it

This destroys my eyeballs

This post was edited by Jupe on Sep 29 2022 02:09pm
Sep 29 2022 03:02pm
all this rs3 talk got me nostalgic, i was once a good gamer, also maddie may is a nerd who only did skilling back then

Gold: 0.00
Sep 29 2022 05:13pm
Quote (Jupe @ Sep 29 2022 02:02pm)
all this rs3 talk got me nostalgic, i was once a good gamer, also maddie may is a nerd who only did skilling back then
https://i.imgur.com/pvyMnqd.png

IT WAS 2017 WHEN I USED TO SEE YOU POST RS3 PHOTOS?
holy fuck... time is just gone.

Sep 29 2022 05:25pm
Quote (svastik @ Sep 29 2022 07:13pm)
IT WAS 2017 WHEN I USED TO SEE YOU POST RS3 PHOTOS?
holy fuck... time is just gone.

💀💀💀
Go Back To RuneScape Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll