d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Will You Have Fun With D4 Itemization?
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,013.34
Sep 3 2022 12:32pm
Quote (OrdinaryGirl @ 27 Aug 2022 03:12)
As an older player, I am sick of dealing with all the egos on here just to get items I need because it would be a long shot to find the item myself. Save that for the kids that need to compensate.

I wouldn't mind playing a game I knew I wouldn't have to spend years on just to acuire "the good stuff". I have a life now and just want something casual and doesn't have those annoying numbers popping up over my head.

Arpg game should not be made with unpatient players in mind at first place.
Gold: 6,130.70
Sep 3 2022 02:10pm
Quote (Fankytore @ Sep 3 2022 11:32am)
Arpg game should not be made with unpatient players in mind at first place.

Who said anything about impatient? I am not a teenager anymore and have a fun active life that doesn't revolve around an internet connection. It would be nice to not have to spend a decade to accumulate what you need for end game play or rely on third party trades with anoying immature adults.

This post was edited by OrdinaryGirl on Sep 3 2022 02:11pm
Gold: 5.50
Sep 4 2022 05:51am
Quote (OrdinaryGirl @ 3 Sep 2022 18:44)
Smart loot would be acceptable. I think they should do it in percentages though.

That's sad. I absolutely agree that end game stuff should be accessible for casual players. But that's a lot of ways to implement it without smart loot. I just think smart loot ultimately ruins (deflate) idea of the game which is based around finding items.
Gold: 466.99
Sep 4 2022 08:33am
Quote (OrdinaryGirl @ Aug 26 2022 06:12pm)
As an older player, I am sick of dealing with all the egos on here just to get items I need because it would be a long shot to find the item myself. Save that for the kids that need to compensate.

I wouldn't mind playing a game I knew I wouldn't have to spend years on just to acuire "the good stuff". I have a life now and just want something casual and doesn't have those annoying numbers popping up over my head.

take out the wallet and get on immortal, haha
Sep 4 2022 10:16am
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ Sep 4 2022 07:33am)
take out the wallet and get on immortal, haha

Ha! Did you see how much it would cost to fully gear a character?!
Gold: 466.99
Sep 4 2022 10:19am
Quote (OrdinaryGirl @ Sep 4 2022 09:16am)
Ha! Did you see how much it would cost to fully gear a character?!

better start doordashing :lol:
Sep 4 2022 10:22am
Quote (Madmaxio @ Sep 4 2022 04:51am)
That's sad. I absolutely agree that end game stuff should be accessible for casual players. But that's a lot of ways to implement it without smart loot. I just think smart loot ultimately ruins (deflate) idea of the game which is based around finding items.

What others ways can they implement more useful drops without deflating the game? No matter how those items get into your stash, whether it be smart loot or increased drop rate, the only thing that it deflates is the third party market, which is what I want to avoid having to deal with.
Sep 4 2022 10:23am
Quote (OrdinaryGirl @ 3 Sep 2022 22:10)
Who said anything about impatient? I am not a teenager anymore and have a fun active life that doesn't revolve around an internet connection. It would be nice to not have to spend a decade to accumulate what you need for end game play or rely on third party trades with anoying immature adults.

Dude, arpg is arpg and like D2 it req time for play on higher level which means that its a real arpg, if you want to get all things in a less than month or two then arpg is sadly not for you anymore.. You can’t have all in life. No hard feelings but i would rather get real arpg then play it for years 2 hours per day (in your case) than getting some hybrid smart loot game were you beat the game and gear to the top in a 3 months and then just go in end game(some rift) endlessly for higher numbers with no connection to the rest of the game fields. In my case i could just speed up process were would you get anyway sooner or later in real arpg, since i would play game for lets say 8 - 10 hours per day and have fun for a year or two which is the best since they will ruin the game whit changes even if they start good.
Sep 4 2022 10:27am
Quote (OrdinaryGirl @ 4 Sep 2022 18:22)
What others ways can they implement more useful drops without deflating the game? No matter how those items get into your stash, whether it be smart loot or increased drop rate, the only thing that it deflates is the third party market, which is what I want to avoid having to deal with.

Its better to avoid smart loot and high drop chances than no smart loot and low drop chances, also they can make smart loot and low drop chances with open trading in same time if they would want to, but they don't want to invest themself with money spending on bot cleaning team, which means they just want to trick us for quick cash grab then to make a real arpg game like D2 was but in new cloths.

This post was edited by Fankytore on Sep 4 2022 10:28am
Sep 4 2022 10:44am
Quote (Fankytore @ Sep 4 2022 09:23am)
Dude, arpg is arpg and like D2 it req time for play on higher level which means that its a real arpg, if you want to get all things in a less than month or two then arpg is sadly not for you anymore.. You can’t have all in life. No hard feelings but i would rather get real arpg then play it for years 2 hours per day (in your case) than getting some hybrid smart loot game were you beat the game and gear to the top in a 3 months and then just go in end game(some rift) endlessly for higher numbers with no connection to the rest of the game fields. In my case i could just speed up process were would you get anyway sooner or later in real arpg, since i would play game for lets say 8 - 10 hours per day and have fun for a year or two which is the best since they will ruin the game whit changes even if they start good.

I never said I was only willing to play for a few months before I get bored. You know you can build more than one character right? It would still take a few years to build up a complete account of different character builds without being a slave to the game.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll