d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > The Sandman
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,335.22
Aug 13 2022 11:10pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Aug 6 2022 02:02am)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83ClbRPRDXU

The reviews looks good and so far I'm loving it. Went into not expecting much but so far I'm pleasantly surprised.
Completely forgot that it was coming out on the 5th, just happened to open netflix and see it.

Looks like shit. Watched trailer. Passed.
Gold: 63,142.89
Aug 15 2022 03:01pm
Is it just me or does Charles Dance seems to have an affinity for fantasy genre stuff?

GoT, Your Highness, Underworld and now this show. It's almost like studios like the idea of using his stature to give a grounded legitimacy to an otherwise supernatural world.
Gold: 805.50
Aug 16 2022 01:35pm
U guys ever noticed his helmet looks like the brigh burn mask ( the horror movie about a alien child that grows to have super man powers)

I wanted to wait a bit for every1 to see it, to point it our

It looks cool; but I can't help but think bright burn when I see it
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 16 2022 04:46pm
Very excited to watch this
Gold: 43,340.60
Aug 17 2022 08:37pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 12 2022 11:15am)
Why did I get suspended for a fictional movie idea? It was in no way an attack on anyone, and making the assumption that it was is a personal attack on one of your users, and a gross abuse of your authority as a site moderator.

Logs should be checked and the suspending moderator should be immediately stripped of their tag. I’d also like a formal apology for this injustice.

Unless of course the rule is that we’re not allowed to discuss movies in the movie forum. If that’s the case, then I’d appreciate confirmation of this.

E: or if it’s the subject matter, I would think somewhere in the rules that there should be a list of films that we’re unable to discuss. You know….

Dead Poets Society
Girl Interrupted
The Virgin Suicides
Seven Pounds
Etc…..

This^

Your pitch was a brilliant idea of what a poor unfortunate soul would have to endure if he/she was a meth baby!
Gold: 671.10
Aug 18 2022 04:58am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 12 2022 01:15pm)
Why did I get suspended for a fictional movie idea? It was in no way an attack on anyone, and making the assumption that it was is a personal attack on one of your users, and a gross abuse of your authority as a site moderator.

Logs should be checked and the suspending moderator should be immediately stripped of their tag. I’d also like a formal apology for this injustice.

Unless of course the rule is that we’re not allowed to discuss movies in the movie forum. If that’s the case, then I’d appreciate confirmation of this.

E: or if it’s the subject matter, I would think somewhere in the rules that there should be a list of films that we’re unable to discuss. You know….

Dead Poets Society
Girl Interrupted
The Virgin Suicides
Seven Pounds
Etc…..

:rofl:
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 18 2022 10:21am
SPOILER POST

Only three episodes deep and it seems to be a good show, but there was one thing that I think is creeping into more movie and more shows these days and its lack of consequences / meaningful decisions.

The decision to kill Gregory was great it was impactful and held weight and now you hope he does something meaningful with that sacrifice. Fast-forward 5 minutes later and oh here's an egg with another one, cant have the audience sad! Its stuff like that where writers cop out. Its a very minor thing in this show but I find its happening all the time now. It makes decisions feel weightless. Its like the fake death trope in so many fantasy novels. It makes all future deaths meaningless at the time you read them.
Gold: 805.50
Aug 18 2022 10:32am
Quote (SBD @ Aug 18 2022 12:21pm)
SPOILER POST

Only three episodes deep and it seems to be a good show, but there was one thing that I think is creeping into more movie and more shows these days and its lack of consequences / meaningful decisions.

The decision to kill Gregory was great it was impactful and held weight and now you hope he does something meaningful with that sacrifice. Fast-forward 5 minutes later and oh here's an egg with another one, cant have the audience sad! Its stuff like that where writers cop out. Its a very minor thing in this show but I find its happening all the time now. It makes decisions feel weightless. Its like the fake death trope in so many fantasy novels. It makes all future deaths meaningless at the time you read them.

I found out sandman is a dc comic

It Connects to lucifer and Constantine too , also from dc
Some people are saying this is the best show ever

But its lost its #1 spot on Netflix already,
So it's not for every1

I like it, but I can't say I loved it,

This post was edited by tonytouchtt on Aug 18 2022 10:35am
Gold: 63,142.89
Aug 18 2022 11:45am
I pushed through the first episode because of what I read in this thread, but gave up shortly into episode 2. Just feels like the show was made to target teens.
Gold: 22,720.48
Aug 19 2022 04:18pm
They just added a two part story about Calliope and A Dream of a Thousand Cats.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll