d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Lotr: The Rings Of Power
Prev1181920212227Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Sep 30 2022 04:12pm
Quote (Cbramgar @ Oct 1 2022 11:10am)
hes one of the blue wizards.

LOL I legit cracked up ty :rofl:
Gold: 63,142.89
Sep 30 2022 04:16pm
Quote (addone @ Sep 30 2022 06:04pm)
The old guy did have it under his barn for many years but had amnesia for all his life, until he knew how to magically do all the right things with the sword when the trash writers of the show gave him the go ahead.

maybe that old guy is Sauron?

(j/k I know Galadriel is really Sauron)

Gold: 2,094.99
Sep 30 2022 08:38pm
Quote (addone @ Sep 30 2022 04:01am)
We getting Mt doom although there is 0 chance of that happening if it was irl. But Hollywood got to make money and pay child support so they make shit up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phreatic_eruption
Gold: 12,335.22
Oct 1 2022 12:31am
Woman to woman moment where they pat each other on the back post-battle was so fucking cringe. Black elf guy did 99% of the real work and I think most people would have listened to him regardless of what she said in her little speech. I guess they needed something to segue into introducing new king guy but still.

edit: Episode pretty decent. I think they really lost something with the orcs in this show. They just seem so much less threatening and brutal than the trilogy orcs. Son of the potions lady that led the town is a real cringelord but he's pretty well casted for the role he's playing imo. Nailing the angsty teenager tbh. Also I think the sword isnt that big of a stretch, they approached that shrine as part of the attack. Probably had it for years never knew what to do with it and saw that and put two and two together. Doesnt seem that crazy tbh.

This post was edited by BrianPeppers on Oct 1 2022 12:34am
Oct 1 2022 01:35am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Oct 1 2022 03:38pm)

I didn't mean the volcano part even though that's convenient.
They would all suffocate and die being that close from CO2. Plot armour will save them though.

Quote (BrianPeppers @ Oct 1 2022 07:31pm)
Woman to woman moment where they pat each other on the back post-battle was so fucking cringe. Black elf guy did 99% of the real work and I think most people would have listened to him regardless of what she said in her little speech. I guess they needed something to segue into introducing new king guy but still.

edit: Episode pretty decent. I think they really lost something with the orcs in this show. They just seem so much less threatening and brutal than the trilogy orcs. Son of the potions lady that led the town is a real cringelord but he's pretty well casted for the role he's playing imo. Nailing the angsty teenager tbh. Also I think the sword isnt that big of a stretch, they approached that shrine as part of the attack. Probably had it for years never knew what to do with it and saw that and put two and two together. Doesnt seem that crazy tbh.

Lol the exchange of woman (cringe) power was definitely forced. Not to mention the part where the elf was being choked I said to myself well wouldn't it be convenient if that woman jumps out and saves the day. Sure enough right on time bam eye roll fking hollywood.

This post was edited by addone on Oct 1 2022 01:39am
Gold: 10,025.00
Oct 1 2022 05:40am
Quote (Kayeto @ 30 Sep 2022 04:16)
Who is the old guy who used the key/sword and how did he know what to do with it? Was he the one who had it under his barn before the show began? Did he always know how to use it even before Adar showed up?

Quote (addone @ 30 Sep 2022 16:04)
yea the show has so many disconnected plots they just pull them out for convenience reasons. No logic or reason other then oh look we need this to happen lets just make them do it regardless.

The old guy did have it under his barn for many years but had amnesia for all his life, until he knew how to magically do all the right things with the sword when the trash writers of the show gave him the go ahead.
First scene Adar and his orcs about to be crushed by a huge tower and fire with no way to escape, some time later they are unhurt and in full numbers just casually marching again fking plot armor

Clearly neither of you pay attention to the shows you watch.
Gold: 63,142.89
Oct 1 2022 06:15am
Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 1 2022 07:40am)

Feel free to take a stab at answering my questions then.

That guy was created for the show (not from the books). He had a cryptic conversation with Theo at the tower explaining that he knew a lot about Sauron and the sword (that took place before he me Adar). Then later when Adar set him about the task, we don't see the orders so we don't know what Adar told him.

Far as I can see, it leaves things pretty open ended regarding what the guy knew originally vs. what Adar may have told him (if anything).
Oct 1 2022 06:25am
Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 2 2022 12:40am)

Let's hear the explanation then. Clearly the first scene the orcs were a second away from being crushed by a huge tower. They used teleportation? Adar is a blue wizard who can use protos shields do tell us

Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 1 2022 12:27pm
I hate to join the train of overly critical people but my wife and I watched last nights episode and there was so much stuff I was chuckling at.

The fight between the orc and the elf. Why did the orc just let the elf back into his stomach and then have a shoving match. There was 50 oppetunities for the orc to just kill the elf. I hate that shoving match shit. Kills the brutality of orcs when that happens. Plot armour to the maximum and easily the dumbest fight yet.

How the fuck did Hallbrand get in front of buddy when he was in the middle of the fight when Galadrial took off by horse after him. Did he fucking teleport?

How was there 500 horses on three small ships? Where the fuck did they all come from?

There's just so many moments where I don't understand how what's happening is happening.

I know all of the above is overly critical but I consider myself the average viewer and its jumping out at me. How didn't it jump out at the writers?

This post was edited by SBD on Oct 1 2022 12:30pm
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 1 2022 01:49pm
Quote (SBD @ Oct 1 2022 12:27pm)
I hate to join the train of overly critical people but my wife and I watched last nights episode and there was so much stuff I was chuckling at.

The fight between the orc and the elf. Why did the orc just let the elf back into his stomach and then have a shoving match. There was 50 oppetunities for the orc to just kill the elf. I hate that shoving match shit. Kills the brutality of orcs when that happens. Plot armour to the maximum and easily the dumbest fight yet.

How the fuck did Hallbrand get in front of buddy when he was in the middle of the fight when Galadrial took off by horse after him. Did he fucking teleport?

How was there 500 horses on three small ships? Where the fuck did they all come from?

There's just so many moments where I don't understand how what's happening is happening.

I know all of the above is overly critical but I consider myself the average viewer and its jumping out at me. How didn't it jump out at the writers?

Oh and one other thing. It was pitch fucking black when the orcs attacked and was still pitch black when they were in the keep but then it switched to daylight instantly for the horses to roll in???

Not to mention it was like a 30 minute raid not all night.

Just terrible writing. It's like no one looked at it and asked if it made any sense at all.

I don't care about genders or race or hair length or any of that crap but I do care if the show actually flows and that episode was horrible for that in my opinion.

This post was edited by SBD on Oct 1 2022 01:52pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1181920212227Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll