d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Lotr: The Rings Of Power
Prev1192021222327Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Oct 1 2022 03:33pm
Quote (SBD @ Oct 2 2022 08:49am)
Oh and one other thing. It was pitch fucking black when the orcs attacked and was still pitch black when they were in the keep but then it switched to daylight instantly for the horses to roll in???

Not to mention it was like a 30 minute raid not all night.

Just terrible writing. It's like no one looked at it and asked if it made any sense at all.

I don't care about genders or race or hair length or any of that crap but I do care if the show actually flows and that episode was horrible for that in my opinion.

Welcome to the Rings of Trash where Bezos hires writers with a special talent called disconnective narration. Enjoy your stay

One thing they did get right are the visuals and cinematography. Absolutely stunning, that's where most of the budget went. But it's doesn't make interesting discussions

This post was edited by addone on Oct 1 2022 03:51pm
Gold: 1.00
Oct 1 2022 03:56pm
Quote (addone @ Oct 1 2022 03:33pm)
Welcome to the Rings of Trash where Bezos hires writers with a special talent called disconnective narration. Enjoy your stay

One thing they did get right are the visuals and cinematography. Absolutely stunning, that's where most of the budget went. But it's doesn't make interesting discussions

Forsure I even complimented to scale armour out loud when watching the last episode.

Unfortunately I watched the first episode of the new GoT series last night as well and I think that also impacted how I felt about the last LOTR episode. While yes they shouldn't be compared I actually wanted to binge into the next episode.

I hope for season 2 if LOTRs show that actually stop and ask themselves if it makes sense.
Oct 1 2022 08:24pm
Quote (addone @ Oct 1 2022 03:33pm)

Oh and another thing. How the hell did they sail from numanor to middle earth in the time it took orcs to basically walk up and down a hill. They make the world feel like this tiny trivial spec.

Just absolute trash writing.

This post was edited by SBD on Oct 1 2022 08:24pm
Oct 1 2022 09:20pm
Quote (SBD @ Oct 2 2022 03:24pm)
Oh and another thing. How the hell did they sail from numanor to middle earth in the time it took orcs to basically walk up and down a hill. They make the world feel like this tiny trivial spec.

Now you cannot unsee it. Makes you wonder if this was done intentionally or the most expensive incompetency blunder of TV show history.
Gold: 2,600.00
Oct 2 2022 01:16am
Quote (SBD @ Oct 1 2022 07:24pm)

yeah its pretty bad :rofl:
Gold: 35,470.24
Warn: 10%
Oct 2 2022 08:47am
Gold: 10,025.00
Oct 2 2022 09:36pm
Quote (Kayeto @ 1 Oct 2022 06:15)
Feel free to take a stab at answering my questions then.

That guy was created for the show (not from the books). He had a cryptic conversation with Theo at the tower explaining that he knew a lot about Sauron and the sword (that took place before he me Adar). Then later when Adar set him about the task, we don't see the orders so we don't know what Adar told him.

Far as I can see, it leaves things pretty open ended regarding what the guy knew originally vs. what Adar may have told him (if anything).

"How did he take what to do with it" literally a scene where dude was like "I have an important task for you" yes it cuts off there but use your brain to extrapolate the conversation that took place.
Oct 2 2022 10:05pm
So these orcs were able to tunnle unnoticed that entire time by these overseeing elfs and they couldn't just open the dam without needing this key by just knocking out a stone?

The writing of the Southlands story line is wild.

Also I need to go back and look but didn't the orcs ravage that village that they originally left for the tower but then went back and it was in perfect shape?

This post was edited by SBD on Oct 2 2022 10:06pm
Oct 3 2022 12:42am
Quote (SBD @ Oct 3 2022 05:05pm)
So these orcs were able to tunnle unnoticed that entire time by these overseeing elfs and they couldn't just open the dam without needing this key by just knocking out a stone?

The writing of the Southlands story line is wild.

Also I need to go back and look but didn't the orcs ravage that village that they originally left for the tower but then went back and it was in perfect shape?

They had to endure uskipable cut scenes. Reminds me of scumbag Gandalf and his griffons could of flown over Mt doom and just dropped the ring into lava or at the very least skipped a large part of the journey. Although in his defense they would of lost the element of surprise and would run the risk of facing the Nazgul fellbeast wyverns etc. But the dam was just there unguarded with a few rocks holding it together.

It seems they leaving a lot of blanks for the audience to fill in. Would be fine if it had more continuity instead the watcher is calling bs.

This post was edited by addone on Oct 3 2022 01:00am
Oct 3 2022 09:19am
Quote (addone @ Oct 3 2022 12:42am)
They had to endure uskipable cut scenes. Reminds me of scumbag Gandalf and his griffons could of flown over Mt doom and just dropped the ring into lava or at the very least skipped a large part of the journey. Although in his defense they would of lost the element of surprise and would run the risk of facing the Nazgul fellbeast wyverns etc. But the dam was just there unguarded with a few rocks holding it together.

It seems they leaving a lot of blanks for the audience to fill in. Would be fine if it had more continuity instead the watcher is calling bs.

Yea as a younger adult the scene where they just fly away from Mount Doom at the end never really bothered me, as an adult I always ask why they didn't just fly there to begin with which ofcourse would result in no movie so i'm okay with stuff like that.

I'd also be fine with this key thing letting the dam go if there wasen't so many other glaring issues and inconsistencies, it makes a person overly critical. Until episode 6 I didn't feel overly critical, and then that episode broke the camel's back.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1192021222327Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll