d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Culinary Arts > How Do You Make Your Burgers?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 7 2022 08:39pm
I try as best as i can to steer away from ground meat of any kind, but a few times a year i have to have my addiction to burgers satisfied. I use 100% ground beef. Haven't gone crazy with experimenting. Tips are appreciated.

Coarse burger buns.
Light sour cream on bottom bun.
Ready made salad mix; Romano lettuce, grated carrot, red onion on the sour cream.
Ketchup + mustard on top bun.
Cheddar cheese - it being so rare i make burgers, i take the expense to buy cheddar. It lifts the burger up one level.

Many may disagree with this, but push the burger slightly down in the center so it is not too thick. This helps in the burger being too thick, it contracts when cooked, so having it a little bit thinned and expanded helps to 1) cook it faster, and 2) covering the entire burger bun. It will still be moist and juicy.

Salt+pepper the burger properly on both sides. Fry in non-stick pan in olive or canola oil + diary butter, medium heat. Flip until it has a nice roasting crust on both sides, turn heat down to low and let cook until done through. May take 10-15 minutes. Use spatula to open in center to check.

Place burger on bottom bun.

Lay 4 cheese slices in the pan with the oil+butter and move the pan in circles so the cheese melts in the fat. When melted, pour over the burger so it is coated with melted cheese and you get some of the fat down on the burger bun. Place top bun on burger. "Go ham" ^^
Gold: 2.66
Jul 11 2022 04:28pm
This guy seems to know what he doing.
I never tried making my own burger from scratch.
But using the combination of sirloin, short rib, and brisket looks too good.

Gold: 27,873.00
Jul 13 2022 05:58pm
Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ Jul 11 2022 03:28pm)
This guy seems to know what he doing.
I never tried making my own burger from scratch.
But using the combination of sirloin, short rib, and brisket looks too good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7f-P6JaWSA

Sam's awesome and pretty funny too with his son.

I've watched and made probably 20 diff recipes of his over the years. Found one that slipped thru the cracks.
Gold: 22,202.22
Jul 13 2022 07:09pm
I like to smoke them first and then finish on the grill. My daughter always goes on about them tasting like steak.
Gold: 1,453.85
Jul 13 2022 09:15pm
Seems like a lot of work. I would just go to a deli and pick something up.
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 14 2022 04:02am
Quote (JessiWan @ 14 Jul 2022 05:15)
Seems like a lot of work. I would just go to a deli and pick something up.

The whole idea behind my concept is to have it as simple as possible. You can cut one or two whole 5 mm slice of onion and fry along with the burger to get an extra tasty addition.
Gold: 27,873.00
Jul 14 2022 06:01pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (Taurean @ Jul 14 2022 03:02am)
The whole idea behind my concept is to have it as simple as possible. You can cut one or two whole 5 mm slice of onion and fry along with the burger to get an extra tasty addition.

He refuses to pan fry asparagus because he'd have to clean a single pan.

Your IQs combined are probably still in the single digits.
Gold: 1,453.85
Jul 14 2022 11:52pm
Quote (Vilify @ Jul 14 2022 05:01pm)
He refuses to pan fry asparagus because he'd have to clean a single pan.

Your IQs combined are probably still in the single digits.

Why do you feel the need to insult someone just because they are lazy?
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Jul 15 2022 12:36am
Quote (Taurean @ Jul 7 2022 07:39pm)
I try as best as i can to steer away from ground meat of any kind, but a few times a year i have to have my addiction to burgers satisfied. I use 100% ground beef. Haven't gone crazy with experimenting. Tips are appreciated.

Coarse burger buns.
Light sour cream on bottom bun.
Ready made salad mix; Romano lettuce, grated carrot, red onion on the sour cream.
Cheddar cheese - it being so rare i make burgers, i take the expense to buy cheddar. It lifts the burger up one level.

Many may disagree with this, but push the burger slightly down in the center so it is not too thick. This helps in the burger being too thick, it contracts when cooked, so having it a little bit thinned and expanded helps to 1) cook it faster, and 2) covering the entire burger bun. It will still be moist and juicy.

Salt+pepper the burger properly on both sides. Fry in non-stick pan in olive or canola oil + diary butter, medium heat. Flip until it has a nice roasting crust on both sides, turn heat down to low and let cook until done through. May take 10-15 minutes. Use spatula to open in center to check.

Place burger on bottom bun.

Lay 4 cheese slices in the pan with the oil+butter and move the pan in circles so the cheese melts in the fat. When melted, pour over the burger so it is coated with melted cheese and you get some of the fat down on the burger bun. Place top bun on burger. "Go ham" ^^

i would use thousand island dressing with some hot sauce.

you ever try mushroom burger ? sauteed mushrooms with swiss cheese with a little sourcream
Gold: 5.03
Jul 23 2022 07:27am
I'm making some this weekend for meals next week!

im going to finely cut mushrooms, shallots, and cilantro and mix that in to some extra lean ground beef with an egg and some panko, maybe some garlic and onion pwder with salt and pepper as well. then bbq them, topping it off with BLT, and dijon mayo.

Go Back To Culinary Arts Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll