d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo Immortal > Ted Cruz's Take On Rng Lootboxes Game Gambling
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,905.00
Jun 20 2022 05:31pm
Quote (FA_Nokea @ Jun 20 2022 03:36pm)
My opion on the subject line.

1: I spent some time over in Korea and people sell ID'S outside PC bangs constantly (similar to selling a fake ID to a minor in the US so they can enter a nightclub) but im sure it cuts down on the growing addiction to popular titles in those countries for individuals who are not willing to do such illegal trades. (Think of how many of us (US citizens) were playing Lost Ark prior to the Russian release. Easily 10s of thousands.)

2: I agree that lootboxes are an easy outlet for individuals with gambling addictions to get that "high" and companies spend millions to extort them and even more to create new addicts. These practices are hostile and should be placed in a seperate bracket of gamming and restricted in states/counties/cities that make such practices illegal.
EX#1 I recall a Barbie game my daughter had on her tablet it also had a similar lootbox function these mobile games are targeting children and turning them into addicts at a VERY YOUNG age.
EX#2 My sons talks about games like fortnite/overwatch/hearthstone all the time.....these kids don't talked about the killer wins they got or the insane trick shots they landed....they talk about the MTX that they have on there accounts.....these kids glorify in app purchases over the achievements they accomplish in games. As a parent I have addressed these concerns with my son and after such conversations he has a very clear understanding of what the companies are doing to him and his friends and as such he has moved away from said games.

These kids are the current target market for the gamming industry and to be honest they hit the mark right on the head with advertising using streamers as promoters.

3: For games like this I think it would be only fair to label a consumer any person of legal age to gamble (if it is legal to do so where you live). In the end we consumers decide on what we spend $$$ on. As a consumer if I don't like something on a menu I pick something else off that menu and continue on with my day. Same situation as with the gamming industry currently if I don't like a game I just don't play it.

As a player of DI I rather enjoy the game but I also come from a very stable mindset on what I am willing to spend money on. I also have no obligation in that game to be "competitive" with others on my server. Also my addictive personality gets triggered by the P2P aspects of games that involve Trading/RMT so this game is great for me to steer clear of those triggers as MTX don't lure me in the same way. POE/D2/WoW/Runescape lure me in and I can easily say I have spent a few thousand playing those titles. That being said those models are much more acceptable and result in a far less addictive personality disorder compared to the current mobile market.

Ending statement would be this game needs far stricter regulations and the individuals who are investing in this game should be free to do so along as they meet the federal and state regulations for gambling.
The game is fun but I can see the alluring aspects that would draw people in to spend a stupid amount of money on it.

I guess all in all is in reference to the people who have a "gambling problem". I can't imagine a child on here stealing their parents CC to pump their account because they had a problem with the gambling experience. No amount of bribing or taunting would make me buy something. As an adult, i chose to spend like $9 on the game so far.

If someone has $1,000 to spend, just because, who's to say what they spend it on?

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't see any alluring aspects in the game to get me to spend. I pvp, a lot. It's probably what I enjoy the most about the game right now. Is it frustrating when I'm paired vs whales and my team sucks? Yes. I just go back to the drawing board, re-build my essences and try again. In no way does losing in a game make me want to spend $5,000 to be "better".
Gold: 4,575.01
Warn: 10%
Jun 20 2022 05:34pm
Quote (Soul Snatcha @ Jun 20 2022 04:31pm)
I guess all in all is in reference to the people who have a "gambling problem". I can't imagine a child on here stealing their parents CC to pump their account because they had a problem with the gambling experience. No amount of bribing or taunting would make me buy something. As an adult, i chose to spend like $9 on the game so far.

If someone has $1,000 to spend, just because, who's to say what they spend it on?

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't see any alluring aspects in the game to get me to spend. I pvp, a lot. It's probably what I enjoy the most about the game right now. Is it frustrating when I'm paired vs whales and my team sucks? Yes. I just go back to the drawing board, re-build my essences and try again. In no way does losing in a game make me want to spend $5,000 to be "better".

these people are all just degenerate neckbeards who are sad that they can't nolife their way to #1

they are beneath contempt
Gold: 92.00
Jun 20 2022 05:37pm
The biggest thing for me is getting power from lootboxes. It really is just a different game at that point, but pitting 'f2p' against 'p2p' seems like a huge problem.

While, I managed to cheese my way to rank 10 Necro with a gnarly support build, I was still able to enjoy the game as a battle pass holder (Which I have no problems with charging people a subscription fee to play, Runescape does a great job at this on Old School)

Seems like greed may be getting to them too much on the crests. Sucks!!!!!!!!!
Gold: 14,075.84
Jun 20 2022 05:57pm
Ted Cruz: Pizza is good

Someone: Well, I do like pizza too

People: OMG how dare you agree with him? Are you an evul conservative too?

Those self-proclaimed tolerant people never cease to amaze me lol
Gold: 517.50
Jun 20 2022 06:01pm
Quote (Soul Snatcha @ Jun 20 2022 04:31pm)

Exactly what I'm saying when it comes down to it we are not the target market for games like this. The market for DI is a teen-mid 20s who can be easily persuaded to be "#1" on a leader board.

Also im not saying where anyone should or shouldn't spend money for me personally this game isn't gonna have me swipping my card. This game is still pretty dam good even w/o large purchases.
Gold: 517.50
Jun 20 2022 06:16pm
Quote (Meeeeep @ Jun 20 2022 04:37pm)
The biggest thing for me is getting power from lootboxes. It really is just a different game at that point, but pitting 'f2p' against 'p2p' seems like a huge problem.

While, I managed to cheese my way to rank 10 Necro with a gnarly support build, I was still able to enjoy the game as a battle pass holder (Which I have no problems with charging people a subscription fee to play, Runescape does a great job at this on Old School)

Seems like greed may be getting to them too much on the crests. Sucks!!!!!!!!!

Similar situation with cheesing into Gold rank as my necro haha. Support is the way to go forsure as a F2P player.

The greed is real but should have been expected honestly coming from a game as popular as the Diablo Franchise. I for one expected alot more gating.
Gold: 2,905.00
Jun 20 2022 08:00pm
Quote (FA_Nokea @ Jun 20 2022 07:16pm)
Similar situation with cheesing into Gold rank as my necro haha. Support is the way to go forsure as a F2P player.

The greed is real but should have been expected honestly coming from a game as popular as the Diablo Franchise. I for one expected alot more gating.

I must say I had to re set my essences to go more support once in gold ranks. That much is very true.
My new build is poke/support Crusader. Frozen chains, bouncing
shield, increased radius damage blind shield, and the charging falling sword beam. Actually works really well offense but even better defensively and supportive.

This post was edited by Soul Snatcha on Jun 20 2022 08:00pm
Gold: 111,474.00
Jun 22 2022 07:05am
Not from Murica but I don’t expect this to have impact over seas. Besides European politicians seem to be much better at cracking down on these things so I would expect change to come from here and affect America and not the other way around.
Gold: 466.99
Jun 23 2022 04:17am
Trade Moderator
Gold: 51,280.00
Trader: Mediator
Jun 23 2022 05:09am
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ Jun 23 2022 06:17pm)

2022 - Need to drop 10k on a game just to be an average player.
Go Back To Diablo Immortal Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic