Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 81,680.73
Apr 23 2022 12:43pm
Lots of decent advice so far

Just wanted to say welcome

B)
Gold: 14.00
Apr 23 2022 03:12pm
Once again thank you all for the helpful advice!

I rerolled and got some starter EE gear and it's going okay-ish so far.

What do beginners generally do if they hit a brick wall and are struggling to defeat enemies constantly whilst not being able to afford any upgrades? As Inkarnon said, I should be able to defeat MQ with no gear at the price of longer play time, but what is generally the best thing to do once you start hitting lvl 50+ with absolute shit gear?
Gold: 19,029.13
Apr 23 2022 03:46pm
Quote (Jogan @ Apr 23 2022 10:12pm)
Once again thank you all for the helpful advice!

I rerolled and got some starter EE gear and it's going okay-ish so far.

What do beginners generally do if they hit a brick wall and are struggling to defeat enemies constantly whilst not being able to afford any upgrades? As Inkarnon said, I should be able to defeat MQ with no gear at the price of longer play time, but what is generally the best thing to do once you start hitting lvl 50+ with absolute shit gear?

one other thing you've done wrong is not realise how much damage difference is between a level 20 axe and a tier 3 axe.
yes you're using one with 55 ee, but a standard level 20 axe without EE at all will deal more damage.

Here's the calc using your current stats:

Calc can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RDkoYfhQSyWW0KNRYTAWZRLxVfeYGgj-nwqOwtgtSOs/edit#gid=0

So the main thing right now is getting a level 20 weapon. You should find clubs will actually have slightly better damage than axes, although axes are more likely to crit.
But basically i'd go with whatever has more EE, can use the calc to compare damage of weapons on the forums, for often you'll get an offer like this:

Rare oak club
Level Req: 5
Damage: 16 to 75

+80% Enhanced Effect
+1 to 1 Mana per Attack

However, if you put it on a character with higher strength, you'll get this:

Rare oak club
Level Req: 5
Damage: 37 to 170

+80% Enhanced Effect
+1 to 1 Mana per Attack

In general a rough idea is that each tier/5 levels an item increases by, it gains 20ee.

So your tier 3 with 55 ee, would be similar to a level 15 with negative 5 ee or negative 25ee on lvl 20 axe.
For the reverse, lets suggest you get a level 20 club with 60 ee and find yourself a level 30 axe with no mods, you'll find the club should deal more damage.

Keep up the questions as it'll help us help you faster
Gold: 31,300.10
Apr 23 2022 03:48pm
Just check the mp a few times a day. Might find an upgrade. But technically, yes you can mq with lesser gear.

Instead of rerolling, you can make another character to climb with.

Maybe get some regenerate gear so your time in town would be less.

This post was edited by subwolf22 on Apr 23 2022 03:48pm
Gold: 431,940.99
Apr 23 2022 03:51pm
There are already posted a few options you could do, you also can find an evil well in the catacomb, the place where we imbue white/blank items and start whistle by pressing T in the cata. if it drops a white you can imbue it or sell as you like. Aslong you dont join groups and disturb them with having no gears for that levels you can do what ever you prefer. You can be sure there is alway a way to kill the most mobs! Some of them are tricky but that you will find out fast.

use the max stat grafic as reference for you looking for. https://i.imgur.com/Le9JtXC.png
Gold: 19,029.13
Apr 23 2022 04:08pm
Also you've not made this mistake yet but to explain in case you didn't know.

EE on a charm will increase the amount of damage the charm does if you were casting. So this doesnt help you seeing you're using melee, hence why we use strength, as strength will significantly increase the damage of clubs/swords/axes. Dexterity is significantly worse at increasing the damage of swords/clubs, hence why we recommend strength.

The level requirement of the charm also doesn't matter, a level 5 charm with 23 strength does the exact same as a level 20 charm with 23 strength, except you can use the level 5 one all the way from level 5.

Your new gear is looking pretty solid, could use a higher level armor at some stage, consider a + strength armor if no cheap EE ones are available.
Also, worth making a trade topic if nothing is available on the market, although some guys attempt to rip you off, so be careful, for now might be easier to quote an offer and ask if it's a good deal, usually someone will confirm in your topic for you. Either that or make a price check topic on any items offered to you.

Oh and whoever broke my Calc by dragging the box onto another box, i've fixed it, not sure how to stop you from smashing it like that again though :rofl:

This post was edited by Bigheaded on Apr 23 2022 04:12pm
Apr 23 2022 04:08pm
I keep being amazed by how helpful you LS players are! Once again thank you very much. I will keep posting questions here as I encounter situations. I am yet to see an essence I think.

Quote (Bigheaded @ 24 Apr 2022 00:46)
one other thing you've done wrong is not realise how much damage difference is between a level 20 axe and a tier 3 axe.
yes you're using one with 55 ee, but a standard level 20 axe without EE at all will deal more damage.

I actually realized that shortly after my most recent post and bought an upgrade and yes, the difference is quite obvious. Thank you for the advice!

Apr 23 2022 04:13pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ 24 Apr 2022 01:08)
Also you've not made this mistake yet but to explain in case you didn't know.

EE on a charm will increase the amount of damage the charm does if you were casting. So this doesnt help you seeing you're using melee, hence why we use strength, as strength will significantly increase the damage of clubs/swords/axes. Dexterity is significantly worse at increasing the damage of swords/clubs, hence why we recommend strength.

The level requirement of the charm also doesn't matter, a level 5 charm with 23 strength does the exact same as a level 20 charm with 23 strength, except you can use the level 5 one all the way from level 5.

Your new gear is looking pretty solid, could use a higher level armor at some stage, consider a + strength armor if no cheap EE ones are available.
Also, worth asking the forums, although some guys attempt to rip you off, so be careful, for now might be easier to quote an offer and ask if it's a good deal, usually someone will confirm in your topic for you. Either that or make a price check topic on any items offered to you.

I actually was PM'ed by someone in LS after they saw my post and pointed that out. I did initially make that mistake since someone said I should have EE on every slot or maybe I read it in an outdated post.
Gold: 31,300.10
Apr 23 2022 04:20pm
Quote (Jogan @ Apr 23 2022 06:13pm)
I actually was PM'ed by someone in LS after they saw my post and pointed that out. I did initially make that mistake since someone said I should have EE on every slot or maybe I read it in an outdated post.

Probably my fault. I try to keep my posts short. Bighead is the novelist/best-selling author.

For melee, EE on weapon and probably armor for now. Strength or dex on your charm.
Apr 23 2022 04:46pm
More questions:

What is the best armor type for barb?
Do I invest in vit and then str as a barb or do I go early 10 points in int or magic res as some guide I read pointed out?
Should I attempt to make a different character after I hit a wall with barb or should I focus on gearing one char until I build up wealth to fund others?
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll