d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > New Player
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14.00
Apr 23 2022 06:04am
Hi everyone, started playing this yesterday with a barb, but I already have to go heal every now and then at lvl 20 due to my gear being bad. I suppose there's no point going for MQ when I have 0 gear.

When do you think I should reset and what is the best way to solo self find some gear? Do I spam whistle or do I explore? What is the best newbie approach?
Gold: 31,200.10
Apr 23 2022 06:12am
Get items with Enhanced Effect.

Should be a few on market place for newer players.

This post was edited by subwolf22 on Apr 23 2022 06:13am
Gold: 431,940.99
Apr 23 2022 06:13am
You can go mq even with no gear but it will take alot of hours maybe days. Beta test with no gears https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=84090121&f=272&o=560

you have more options i the normal game, you can buy to upgrade your powers and try to use your abilities wise.

good luck
Gold: 8,578.63
Apr 23 2022 06:26am
There are a few ways to do this, and since the game has progressed further to the day(s) that I once played, you may benefit better now.

I would Re-roll character and start again using the gear that I had collected and mule over using the Marketplace transfer option (basically you can create 7 more characters on the core you are playing, and another 8 characters on a different core SC or HC and transfer gear without a Vault.)

Personally at this stage, "Explore" and don't "whistle" and collect "Maps" and then explore maps for better gear during certain event(s) ... Check out the events with your maps you have collected... also note (edited spelling error of "not" to "note") that a Tier I map "Monster" cap level is 15 (you can complete the Map maze starting it at level 12 to 15 and reap the rewards of better items), from here, add 5 levels to the Monster cap... so Tier II = level 20 Monster cap and so on.

Trash or sell off what you have found. By the way... Enhanced Effect is the property that you want for weapons / armor & charms and the Maximum is 20% per Tier... Tier I = 20% EE / Tier II = 40% EE and Tier III = 60% EE (there is one other exception, using Magic luck gear to increase it by 1 Tier). By the way, Tier I / II & III can be worn @ level 1, whereas higher tier items have a level req.

Goodluck and hope this helps.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Apr 23 2022 06:29am
Apr 23 2022 07:17am
Thank you all for the help!

Quote (izParagonzi @ 23 Apr 2022 15:26)
Check out the events with your maps you have collected... also note (edited spelling error of "not" to "note") that a Tier I map "Monster" cap level is 15 (you can complete the Map maze starting it at level 12 to 15 and reap the rewards of better items), from here, add 5 levels to the Monster cap... so Tier II = level 20 Monster cap and so on.

Where do I find these events, do you mean the mods on the map itself or the ladder events/mods?
Do I run cata>maps then cata again into maps or should I spam catacombs until I stack more maps and run them at certain levels, that part isn't very clear for me?

Another few questions for anyone out there that's more experienced:
As a noob, should I list most trash with stats at 1fg?
What happens to listed items when they expire on market?
Do people make higher level mules to stash more items with +equipment slot gear?
Gold: 2,071.07
Apr 23 2022 07:28am
Quote (Jogan @ Apr 23 2022 09:17am)

Where do I find these events, do you mean the mods on the map itself or the ladder events/mods?
Do I run cata>maps then cata again into maps or should I spam catacombs until I stack more maps and run them at certain levels, that part isn't very clear for me?

Do people make higher level mules to stash more items with +equipment slot gear?

So you can only have so many items in your Market. Loading it up with junk might just hinder you.
I suggest you look at what's on the market for what price. (Example lvl 50 rare item.) Averages 3fg.
Try to match or undercut those prices to guarantee the sale.
And when items expire they sit on your MP with a cost of 0fg.
It's technically not on the market anymore. But it stays in your marketplace untill you reprice it. It will expire and poof after so many days (it'll tell you how many)

And to look at the current event. Just click ladderslasher in the top corner of the site. And it should be right there below "play ladder slasher" button
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/

Edit: sometimes it's good to hunt maps. Cuz if you find one with a well its 50fg on average per how many wells it can produce.
Exploring is the best way to hit evil presences and find items though but higher level it can be tough without good gear.

I mean you can whistle all the way to master quest. And if you are in a guild like mine. I pay 25fg per guild point. So it's a guaranteed 25fg. More if you pass (you get more gps for passing)
It depends what approach you prefer tbh

This post was edited by Outraged on Apr 23 2022 07:34am
Gold: 16,643.48
Apr 23 2022 07:39am
Quote (Jogan @ Apr 23 2022 02:17pm)

First mistake new players make is that unlike games like d2r, getting to really high level (70+) to fight higher level mobs has no noticable impact on drops and the mobs become so difficult that eventually you can't even kill them. There is no mob level cap and especially for new players mobs level 70+ are extremely difficult to kill.
the "normal" way of farming gear is to level a character to MQ (lvl 71 + 2 levels per unlocked class) then do it all again. This also has the bonus where some guilds pay for guild points which are obtained on MQ.
The other route is getting a character to level 55, then to stop him levelling up, kill him over and over to reduce his exp back to close to 0% exp and continue doing this, i tried this and found for me it's not an enjoyable way to play.

Should be looking to list items at least Tier III or with a level requirement with a minimum of 6 stats.
Currently lvl 10 with 3+ stats should sell.

All tier 1/2 items will in general not sell.

When listed items expire, they remain on market but not able to purchase them and need to be removed to your inventory to then relist them. If an item is listed for 6 months without being taken off the market, they will be removed from the game.
To begin with, making 8 characters will allow you to hold 8 items on each which should be plenty.
Next step is getting 2-3 EES items onto those characters which doubles their capacity, if you still need space after that, then you level them.
A lot of us level 1 or 2 characters to a high level to hold full sets of items.

events are shown on this page: https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/

I dont believe there's too much difference in your circumstance to running maps compared to exploring to get more maps. I would generally recommend trying to get more maps as some of the good ones can sell for a lot, also just getting any old level 10/15 map has some value for MM runners.

Here's a rough idea of what is selling right now

Whites:
lvl 0-15 do not sell.
20 - 1 fg sometimes sells.
25 - 1-2 fg
30 - 3-4 fg
35 - 5-6 fg
40 - 7-10 fg
45 - 20-30 fg
50 - 40-50 fg
55 - 90-100 fg

Mutables:
t3: 6+
lvl 5: 6+
lvl 10: 3+ Stats (specific iso on trade forum for these)
lvl 15: 3+ Stats
lvl 20: 4+ Stats
lvl 25: 3+ Stats
lvl 30: 2+ Stats
lvl 35: 1+ Stats
lvl 40: 1+ Stats
lvl 45: 1+ Stats
lvl 50: 1+ Stats - 1-2 fg each
lvl 55: 1+ Stats - 9 fg each

If you happen to find an item with high EES/ML/EE/Str/Dex/Int it may have value. Can get some idea from the forums on what sort of items people are buying/selling. Usually EE
Gold: 1,277.21
Trader: Trusted
Apr 23 2022 08:00am
There are some good guides in the guides section. Check these out.

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=80903633&f=74

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=82662110&f=74
Apr 23 2022 08:56am
Wow guys, everyone is so helpful. Thank you very much.

I just found a well at lvl 12 and was not sure if it was the right one because it didn't look evil :bonk: so after fishing in it for a while I threw a T3 white item in it to test.

In this scenario is it better to whistle for the highest tier item I am currently at because I imagine I would be able to whistle until I find a lvl10 item considering I was lvl 12 at the time?
Gold: 2,071.07
Apr 23 2022 09:10am
Quote (Jogan @ Apr 23 2022 10:56am)
Wow guys, everyone is so helpful. Thank you very much.

I just found a well at lvl 12 and was not sure if it was the right one because it didn't look evil :bonk: so after fishing in it for a while I threw a T3 white item in it to test.

In this scenario is it better to whistle for the highest tier item I am currently at because I imagine I would be able to whistle until I find a lvl10 item considering I was lvl 12 at the time?

Low levels exploring is best. Cuz it's easy to kill a low level monster and the gear is cheap. 2fg into an ee armor and weapon and you can pretty much get to lvl 20 with minimal difficulty. Best way to find items is evil presences currently. Or welling white items. Cuz the double drops and so on.
So I suggest explore cuz the possibility of a decent map or EP.
When solo you should only really whistle if your in struggle city.

This post was edited by Outraged on Apr 23 2022 09:11am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll