d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > Philadelphia Phillies Team Thread
Prev1222324252672Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 7 2022 07:43am
Gold: 69.69
Nov 7 2022 07:46am
Quote (Sixers @ Nov 7 2022 08:43am)

Still sucks Union and Phils lost on the same day :(
Gold: 13,750.00
Nov 7 2022 08:07am
Quote (Sixers @ Nov 7 2022 08:43am)

wait... i like you, i really do

but are we really going from "philly is the best place to be in sports right now" to "hey they won 2 games in the world series"?

3 days ago it was fuck yeah phillies, fuck yeah eagles, fuck yeah union etc

now it's "hey, at least we made god bleed" B)
Nov 7 2022 10:23am
Quote (stuartg85 @ Nov 7 2022 09:07am)
wait... i like you, i really do

but are we really going from "philly is the best place to be in sports right now" to "hey they won 2 games in the world series"?

3 days ago it was fuck yeah phillies, fuck yeah eagles, fuck yeah union etc

now it's "hey, at least we made god bleed" B)

Are we supposed to be pissed because our 87 win team made the world series after knocking off some very good teams along the way and ultimately lost a hard fought series against a 106 win powerhouse with the best pitching in baseball? Disappointed, yes. Mad? No.

And it's only up from here. Middleton (Phillies owner) has already said they're all in and ready to spend and be aggressive this off-season. He said that way before this playoff run too, so seeing them get so close and be this good already should only further solidify that approach. Expect them to grab a star shortstop (Turner maybe) and address pitching.

This was the worst Phillies team that we'll see for a while.
Nov 7 2022 10:37am
Quote (Sixers @ Nov 7 2022 11:23am)
Are we supposed to be pissed because our 87 win team made the world series after knocking off some very good teams along the way and ultimately lost a hard fought series against a 106 win powerhouse with the best pitching in baseball? Disappointed, yes. Mad? No.

And it's only up from here. Middleton (Phillies owner) has already said they're all in and ready to spend and be aggressive this off-season. He said that way before this playoff run too, so seeing them get so close and be this good already should only further solidify that approach. Expect them to grab a star shortstop (Turner maybe) and address pitching.

This was the worst Phillies team that we'll see for a while.

Quote (Sixers @ Oct 31 2022 01:14pm)
Not sure i'm understanding your logic here. Wheeler went 5 innings and gave up 4 ER's, while Verlander went 5 innings and gave up 5 ER's. It doesn't matter at what point in the game you're talking about, Wheeler got rocked early but then settled down where Verlander was the opposite and looked dominant first three innings only to get rocked in the 4th and the 5th. Still a better start from Wheeler.

Also what does "this series shouldn't even be close" mean? That's the Phillies motto all playoffs i guess? Every team they play "Phillies magical run ends here" and they've beaten everyone 2-0, 3-1, and 4-1. Now the Astros play in Philly for three games where they haven't lost in the playoffs and play in front of the most rowdy fan base in baseball.

Can not WAIT to see the signs and chants towards the Astros over the next three games. You best believe the trash can costumes will be out tonight LOL

a week ago when i said "this series shouldn't be close" you came back with this nonsense about how philly is unbeaten at home and smashing shitty NL teams etc.

now that they came back to reality you're saying "yeah i mean this was playing on borrowed time, it's all up from here"

just funny to see fans who were all bowed up and ready to talk shit at 2-1 are now suddenly changing their tune to "oh yeah, that WAS the best team in baseball and we did better than anyone else against them" :rofl:
Nov 7 2022 10:54am
Quote (stuartg85 @ Nov 7 2022 11:37am)
a week ago when i said "this series shouldn't be close" you came back with this nonsense about how philly is unbeaten at home and smashing shitty NL teams etc.

now that they came back to reality you're saying "yeah i mean this was playing on borrowed time, it's all up from here"

just funny to see fans who were all bowed up and ready to talk shit at 2-1 are now suddenly changing their tune to "oh yeah, that WAS the best team in baseball and we did better than anyone else against them" :rofl:

The series was close though. It went 6 games, and the Astros were down 2-1 at one point. Stop acting like the Phillies got swept like some of you thought would actually happen 😂

You're talking shit like the Astros weren't MASSIVE favorites going into this series. Stop it.
Nov 7 2022 11:11am
Quote (Sixers @ Nov 7 2022 11:54am)
The series was close though. It went 6 games, and the Astros were down 2-1 at one point. Stop acting like the Phillies got swept like some of you thought would actually happen 😂

You're talking shit like the Astros weren't MASSIVE favorites going into this series. Stop it.

6 games means nothing, last year houston and atlanta was 6 games but the braves were in control the whole time

i'll admit, the phillies put up more of a fight than they should have, likely because they were hot at the right time, but even at 2-1 i don't think too many houston fans were stressing despite philly fans acting like it was a wrap

Nov 7 2022 11:13am
Quote (stuartg85 @ Nov 7 2022 12:11pm)
6 games means nothing, last year houston and atlanta was 6 games but the braves were in control the whole time

i'll admit, the phillies put up more of a fight than they should have, likely because they were hot at the right time, but even at 2-1 i don't think too many houston fans were stressing despite philly fans acting like it was a wrap

This is what I said when the series was tied up 2-2. Idk what others said, but I never said it would be easy lol. That game 5 was it, they had to win that and they didn't.

Quote (Sixers @ Nov 3 2022 12:54am)
It was bound to happen, just didn't expect to not get a hit lol. People were underestimating the Astros thinking the Phillies would close it at home. They're entirely too good for that and after being embarrassed the other night they came out with their best punch.

Syndergaard will have a short leash, but expect a bounce back performance from the offense.

Whoever wins tomorrow night wins the series most likely. Phillies especially, they can't go down 3-2 and then go on the road and expect to win two straight. They have the bounce back factor now so they should hopefully handle business tomorrow and be in control with a chance to close it on Saturday.

This post was edited by Sixers on Nov 7 2022 11:14am
Nov 7 2022 08:22pm
The Phillies have officially declined Jean Segura's option, making him a free agent.

They're going all in on the shortstop market. Trea Turner, Carlos Correa, Xander Bogaerts and Dansby Swanson are all available. Phillies are favorites to land star shortstop Trea Turner.

Bring Turner in, move Stott to second base. This lineup would be so good :drool:

Then plenty of money to spend on pitching plus some young arms could be ready to make their debut.

This post was edited by Sixers on Nov 7 2022 08:23pm
Nov 8 2022 09:19am
Quote (Sixers @ Nov 7 2022 09:22pm)
The Phillies have officially declined Jean Segura's option, making him a free agent.

They're going all in on the shortstop market. Trea Turner, Carlos Correa, Xander Bogaerts and Dansby Swanson are all available. Phillies are favorites to land star shortstop Trea Turner.

Bring Turner in, move Stott to second base. This lineup would be so good :drool:

Then plenty of money to spend on pitching plus some young arms could be ready to make their debut.

dude has way too much class and grace to live in Philadelphia...

but yeah, was a smart move to decline; segura played like shit all post season for yall (although he nearly broke up that no no in game 4) and there's a ton of legit options in free agency this year

i still think correa has all the potential in the world, and not sure there's a better arm in all of baseball, but turner, swanson, etc... fishing with dynamite at SS this off season for sure
Go Back To Baseball Topic List
Prev1222324252672Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll