d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > ~ Ceejay's Pvp Tele-bowa Zon Guide ~ > D2:R
Prev1333435363756Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.00
May 4 2022 05:51pm
Quote (Cleav3r @ May 4 2022 04:38pm)
Yes 99fcr druids are slow but still 2f faster than telezons, so it's not easy for zons to out-tele druids
Ask those necros who tele faster than druids how they get stomped and killed

It seems to be though in d2r from my experience. Chains break easily now and even with 2 frame faster tele they can’t seem to hit me with a nado before I can tele away after they land.

Maybe American druids are bad or maybe Asian zons are bad lol.
Gold: 0.03
May 10 2022 12:29pm
Quote (NateFizzle @ May 4 2022 07:51pm)
It seems to be though in d2r from my experience. Chains break easily now and even with 2 frame faster tele they can’t seem to hit me with a nado before I can tele away after they land.

Maybe American druids are bad or maybe Asian zons are bad lol.

Quote (Cleav3r @ May 4 2022 07:47pm)
Where do you get your open wounds? If you use swordback and get stomped once, it would be really disastrous
Druids don't recast zoos against zons but they do recast oak sage which can't be leeched btw

Against Druid, just stack life leech, their zoo will heal tf out of you, walk and use lightning fury, you’ll win every time lol
If they don’t recast and you want to use open wounds, throw on a gaze with ias jewel, string of ears, ber Swordback (I use this setup vs druids) and throw fury’s to kill zoo, then lightning bolts or fury to proc open wounds (bolt if they use block). You don’t wanna tele a lot vs druids. Only to reset your walk path, or chase when they run to resummon. But if you chase, don’t follow their path directly. They will 100% be leaving tornados. You more so want to just chase and multi and make it hard for them to recast. The multi will chip them. Also if you can, try to get some guided in there with their summons down. Don’t telestomp them, don’t overcommit to the chase. They want to play up close. You have an advantage from a distance.
May 10 2022 12:44pm
Quote (Cleav3r @ May 4 2022 03:01pm)
You have this misconception that druids are not hard to duel because most druids on NA/EU have no blocks at all, so you presume all druids are pure vita setups

On Asia, pretty much all druids/necros have 75% block and 50dr when dueling against chars like barbs/zons/sins, and tbh zons don't have much chance to win at all as long as those casters have some decent plr gears (and they usually do on Asia). MB druids can chain stomping zons without any summons and strafe/guided have almost 0 chance to out-tank nados, especially with the recent update on fhr/fbr, as your arrows can no longer interrupt their casting or hold them in place

Also remember, just because you’re a “bowazon” doesn’t mean you always use your bow. Some fights are won primarily on the java side (barbs, smiters, zons, druids) pretty much all phys chars, it’s favorable to use java side. If they use max block, stack open wounds and still keep some life leech.

My setup vs Druids in 2.4 (I don’t tele much in this matchup)

Vamp gaze 15/40
String of ears
Cats eye (frw/dex, better than highlords in this setup you want max block and the frw is huge vs druids)
Enigma (see above about frw)
Leech ring
Ravenfrost
Ias kb glove
Swordback hold double upgrade with ber
Boots can be either war trav or gores tbh

I beat block druids, non block alike this way. Usually don’t even pull out bow unless they’re offscreen lol. Even easier if you’re allowed to use plague tbh

play it like necro does in necro vs Druid with walk spears but instead of bone spear it’s your fury/bolt

This post was edited by ceejay3 on May 10 2022 12:45pm
Gold: 60,101.00
May 10 2022 12:54pm
Quote (ceejay3 @ May 10 2022 11:44am)
Also remember, just because you’re a “bowazon” doesn’t mean you always use your bow. Some fights are won primarily on the java side (barbs, smiters, zons, druids) pretty much all phys chars, it’s favorable to use java side. If they use max block, stack open wounds and still keep some life leech.

Vamp gaze 15/40
String of ears
Cats eye (frw/dex, better than highlords in this setup you want max block and the frw is huge vs druids)
Enigma (see above about frw)
Leech ring
Ravenfrost
Ias kb glove
Swordback hold double upgrade with ber
Boots can be either war trav or gores tbh

I beat block druids, non block alike this way. Usually don’t even pull out bow unless they’re offscreen lol. Even easier if you’re allowed to use plague tbh

play it like necro does in necro vs Druid with walk spears but instead of bone spear it’s your fury/bolt

Godly advice here.

I love playing vs windys. It's really exciting matchup
May 10 2022 01:08pm
Quote (KimSulki84 @ May 10 2022 02:54pm)
Godly advice here.

I love playing vs windys. It's really exciting matchup

Thanks bro! Yeah one of my fav matchups for sure.

Let me explain my reasoning a little more in depth here:

Vamp gaze 15/40 (life leech, and DR, you want this over like coa cuz the leech)
String of ears (choose this over dungos for the leech and same 15 dr)
Enigma (see above about frw, the +skills is gg for passives, and the strength helps the dmg a lil even)
Leech ring (obviously to leech summons)
Ravenfrost (cannot be frozen, dex, never take this off ever imo)
Ias kb glove (rarely can roll with life leech if you can get it)
Swordback hold double upgrade with ber (ber gives you 51% DR, or you can do an IAS/ed jewel. Use this for the open wounds, really good vs block)
Boots can be either war trav or gores tbh (phys dmg vs open wounds, both are fine. Otherwise, bloody craft boots even work for the leech lmao)

A Druid not recasting is a dead Druid. But a Druid with summons = free healing. So for them, their goal is to win the dmg trade with you. They wanna get in, get a hit or 2, get out. Otherwise, they’re extremely weak. If they don’t recast, throw lightning bolts with open wounds. Even if the lightning bolt doesn’t do much dmg, the open wounds will. Only way to win this matchup as a Druid is to be extremely patient and hope the zon makes a mistake, or wait for the zon’s bo to wear off lol
Gold: 3,044.00
May 11 2022 02:37am
Quote (ceejay3 @ May 11 2022 05:08am)
Thanks bro! Yeah one of my fav matchups for sure.

Let me explain my reasoning a little more in depth here:

Vamp gaze 15/40 (life leech, and DR, you want this over like coa cuz the leech)
String of ears (choose this over dungos for the leech and same 15 dr)
Enigma (see above about frw, the +skills is gg for passives, and the strength helps the dmg a lil even)
Leech ring (obviously to leech summons)
Ravenfrost (cannot be frozen, dex, never take this off ever imo)
Ias kb glove (rarely can roll with life leech if you can get it)
Swordback hold double upgrade with ber (ber gives you 51% DR, or you can do an IAS/ed jewel. Use this for the open wounds, really good vs block)
Boots can be either war trav or gores tbh (phys dmg vs open wounds, both are fine. Otherwise, bloody craft boots even work for the leech lmao)

A Druid not recasting is a dead Druid. But a Druid with summons = free healing. So for them, their goal is to win the dmg trade with you. They wanna get in, get a hit or 2, get out. Otherwise, they’re extremely weak. If they don’t recast, throw lightning bolts with open wounds. Even if the lightning bolt doesn’t do much dmg, the open wounds will. Only way to win this matchup as a Druid is to be extremely patient and hope the zon makes a mistake, or wait for the zon’s bo to wear off lol

Don't know how many max block druids you have dueled, or how most druids duel against zons on NA, but on Asia, druids will only summon full zoos before the duel starts, then they don't recast summons anymore except for the oak sage of course, if they find out that you are leeching a lot

The oak sage can absorb 1 hit or 2 for druids and it cannot be leeched. They don't need to tele away to recast oak sage, they can just do it on the spot then go straight for a stomp. If you don't have enough fcr, they will simply chain stomp you, and with max block, there is no way a zon can win a dmg trade with a druid. Nados do way more dmg than any of zon's skills and your trusted strafe and pjs wouldn't do much to them because of their max block and 175plr

Also, a fully geared max block druid would still have around 3.2k max life even without the oak sage, so they are not as 'fragile' as you might think

Before 2.4, your arrows/javs could trigger their block and fhr to lock them in place, but not anymore in this patch as their casting of teleport or nados wouldn't be interrupted anymore by the block and your knockback would give them 1s of fhr immunity

It's sad that top duelers on NA and Asia don't get much chance to duel with each other due to the high ping

This post was edited by Cleav3r on May 11 2022 02:54am
Gold: 0.00
May 12 2022 07:30am
Quote (ceejay3 @ Feb 18 2022 10:27pm)
Thanks! If you have issues teleporting on higher ping then maybe consider a fort zon. But even when I play west/Eu higher ping, I do pretty fine.

Typically on ANY zon, I go for 150 frw java side, or have a setup for it. Even as a telezon you will need to walk. I’m highly against glass cannon builds. Vita all day. To avoid gear swapping just have a good mix of frw or life with resis or max dmg charms. If you are going to pub a lot, a trihybrid with plague telezon is gg. I have a guide/video for that coming soon. They are probably the best 1v1 zon build. But sadly plague is considered bm in most priv / tournament gm rulesets, but no problem in pubs!

Have you completed the plague telezon guide? Seems like a cool build and would like to hear more
Gold: 42,549.38
May 12 2022 09:58am
Quote (itams @ May 12 2022 03:30pm)
Have you completed the plague telezon guide? Seems like a cool build and would like to hear more

It's quite similar. Basically you have to sacrifice passive skills and put 40 points in plague+synergy instead.
Mb+2zon circlet is even better in that setup. In some matchups 2jav gloves and skillers can be useful.
Gold: 0.00
May 12 2022 11:32am
Quote (gratek @ May 12 2022 05:58pm)
It's quite similar. Basically you have to sacrifice passive skills and put 40 points in plague+synergy instead.
Mb+2zon circlet is even better in that setup. In some matchups 2jav gloves and skillers can be useful.

Thanks! So essentially like this then? https://www.icy-veins.com/d2/amazon-skill-calculator#--*--20*--1*--20*--*--=1--1*-1-*1-1-*--1*1-1-*1--1=-1-*1-20-*--*-20-*-17-*--&1
Also, what is MB?
Gold: 42,549.38
May 12 2022 11:41am
Quote (itams @ May 12 2022 07:32pm)

Put 1 point in Impale and Fury.
About rest of points you have to find your personal perfect balance :) Get few tokens and start practice.
F.e. since you should have +19 jav skills in basic setup, you don't have to put 20 in synergy. Other people prefer to sacrifice Bow skills and they put more points in Passive skills. If your best game is on bow side then you can do this like above.
Find your own way :)

Put bit more in Critic.

This post was edited by gratek on May 12 2022 11:46am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1333435363756Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll