d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1416741684169417041714268Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 48,210.00
Mar 29 2024 08:28am
Quote (Malopox @ 29 Mar 2024 22:24)
What possible narrative Putin can use domestically to sell a war against NATO countries to his own people?

Eg Americans were told their soldiers we were liberating Iraq etc.

I think it might be the Borscht Soup recipe that gotten everyone riled up.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Mar 29 2024 08:28am
Gold: 85,311.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 29 2024 08:32am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 29 2024 03:11pm)
I specifically said that if you chose to believe the sources is completely up to you. I think Ukraine has a vested interest in the conflict and as such talking about casualties can result in consequences. I take their information with a very big grain of salt, just like i take completely unconfirmed numbers by the EU or RT with a grain of salt.

If you believe any sort of speculative numbers at the moment you might aswell believe official statistics, because they are about as credible.

You're just rambling like a schizoid like usual. If you want to know about Ukrainian fallen soldiers it was heavily reported on by every major western media when the official statistics came out. Maybe if Russia had official statistics they could release them aswell and get some media traction?

mediazona confirmed 45000 russian deaths, with probabaly 30%+ more unaccounted: 55000-60000 russians is a realistic number

Ukraine 55-80k range is realistic.

This post was edited by ownyaah on Mar 29 2024 08:33am
Gold: 98,921.50
Mar 29 2024 08:36am
Quote (Hobbiks @ Mar 29 2024 03:11pm)
I specifically said that if you chose to believe the sources is completely up to you. I think Ukraine has a vested interest in the conflict and as such talking about casualties can result in consequences. I take their information with a very big grain of salt, just like i take completely unconfirmed numbers by the EU or RT with a grain of salt.

If you believe any sort of speculative numbers at the moment you might aswell believe official statistics, because they are about as credible.

You're just rambling like a schizoid like usual. If you want to know about Ukrainian fallen soldiers it was heavily reported on by every major western media when the official statistics came out. Maybe if Russia had official statistics they could release them aswell and get some media traction?

You're just rambling like a schizoid like usual. Do you want the source?

Gold: 123,632.82
Mar 29 2024 09:05am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 29 2024 03:03pm)
Why you even ask when it's that obvious?

Also, Ukraine stating they shoot down (almost) all missiles while massive damage is reported is hilarious at this point and this deserves to be pointed out.

While answering you are also making fun of Ukraine. And even if you’re not responding to someone, it’s usually Ukraine or western countries that are critized. I don’t blame you for it, you have your opinion and that’s fine. I’m just curious as to why.
Russia has a clear advantage regarding military supplies (artillery shells in this case). I don’t think Ukraine has sufficient air defense capabilities at this point to intercept all incoming Russian missiles and will have to prioritize which ones to shoot down.

While it has been recently mentioned that France is heating up the conflict, I’m not sure if possible reasons have been discussed. France receives major resources for their nuclear plants from countries such as Kazakhstan and Niger. Wagner mercenaries have helped the local military goverment come to power and a shift from France/Europe to Russia is happening. This is true not only for Niger but also for other African countries that have seen Russian interventions.
Bottom line is that if Russia keeps pressing, France might lose one if not more uranium ore suppliers.

More info can be found here:

This post was edited by Gala on Mar 29 2024 09:06am
Mar 29 2024 09:11am
Quote (Gala @ Mar 29 2024 04:05pm)
While answering you are also making fun of Ukraine. And even if you’re not responding to someone, it’s usually Ukraine or western countries that are critized. I don’t blame you for it, you have your opinion and that’s fine. I’m just curious as to why.
Russia has a clear advantage regarding military supplies (artillery shells in this case). I don’t think Ukraine has sufficient air defense capabilities at this point to intercept all incoming Russian missiles and will have to prioritize which ones to shoot down.

Russia has a clear advantage this was clear from the start and mentioned by some people like Scott Ritter for example (Hobbiks swallow your bile)

Yet a bunch of delusional Western politicians called Russia a gas station masquerading as a country, remember?

It was said the Russians were using old rusty WW2 equipment and were running out of well, everything basically. Remember?

Who was making fun of who exactly? :rolleyes:
Gold: 3,826.00
Mar 29 2024 09:29am
How it started:

How it’s going:
Gold: 123,632.82
Mar 29 2024 09:30am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 29 2024 04:11pm)
Russia has a clear advantage this was clear from the start and mentioned by some people like Scott Ritter for example.

Undeniably. More men, more war equipment, air superioty, etc. The numbers for incoming weapon supplies are several times compared to what Ukraine is receiving.
I think most people were clear about this. And it is surprsing that Ukraine was able to hold out as long as they do.

Yet a bunch of delusional Western politicians called Russia a gas station masquerading as a country, remember?

I don’t think that is a realistic take. European countries had deep ties with Russia when it comes to fossil fuel and mineral supplies which are now mostly sanctioned but still upheld through the means of relocating the trading routes and involving other countries.
It works the other way around as well. Russian still needs certain goods that are now being imported by a few countries.

It was said the Russians were using old rusty WW2 equipment and were running out of well, everything basically. Remember?

If you ask me it’s not a bad thing using proven equipment that soldiers are familiar with and that is available in great abundance also in terms of spare parts. This is something that western technology is lacking because western armies are not familiar with engaging in a war of attrition.
A tank, no matter its age or technology, remains a threat and has to dealt with.

Who was making fun of who exactly? :rolleyes:

I don’t think there is any fun involved really. No matter the outcome, there will be no winners. Wars are always a terrible thing.
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 29 2024 09:36am
Quote (Gala @ Mar 29 2024 04:05pm)

While it has been recently mentioned that France is heating up the conflict, I’m not sure if possible reasons have been discussed. France receives major resources for their nuclear plants from countries such as Kazakhstan and Niger. Wagner mercenaries have helped the local military goverment come to power and a shift from France/Europe to Russia is happening. This is true not only for Niger but also for other African countries that have seen Russian interventions.
Bottom line is that if Russia keeps pressing, France might lose one if not more uranium ore suppliers.

More info can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiD24uEvY1U

It is true that threatening France's ressources access (which Russia doesn't even really need!) is clearly a declaration of war / agression.
The fault is truely on the side of Russia, which is certainly not here to help these countries btw... It is clearly a downgrade.
Mar 29 2024 09:50am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Mar 29 2024 04:36pm)
It is true that threatening France's ressources access (which Russia doesn't even really need!) is clearly a declaration of war / agression.
The fault is truely on the side of Russia, which is certainly not here to help these countries btw... It is clearly a downgrade.

France has been "milking" those countries for decades so there's a lot of anger and resentment involved.

Reaping what you sowed :rolleyes:

Mar 29 2024 09:51am
Quote (Malopox @ Mar 29 2024 04:29pm)

:lol:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1416741684169417041714268Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll