d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1295929602961296229634294Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,571.00
Jun 12 2023 12:28pm
On another note, poor countries around the globe continue to put their self-interests ahead of external powers geopolitical ones.

Islamabad, Pakistan – Pakistan has received its first shipment of Russian crude oil under an agreement signed between the two countries in April, but experts believe it will be too soon to say if the deal will provide significant benefit to domestic consumers.

The cargo carrying 45,000 metric tonnes of crude oil arrived at the southern city of Karachi on Sunday while another 50,000 metric tonnes is expected to arrive later this week, according to the Pakistan Refinery Limited (PRL), where the crude oil will be processed.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif called the arrival of the Russian crude a “transformative day” for the crisis-ridden country.

“I have fulfilled another of my promises to the nation,” he tweeted. “This is the first-ever Russian oil cargo to Pakistan and the beginning of a new relationship between Pakistan and [the] Russian Federation.”

Pakistan has been historically west aligned as Russia has typically been Indian aligned. This deal was also struck using Chinese Yuan, as Pakistan's reserves of dollars are very low.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/6/12/pakistan-gets-first-shipment-of-russian-crude-under-discount-deal
Gold: 45,145.19
Warn: 10%
Jun 12 2023 12:33pm
(I have to use chrome to ignore the above, I prefer firefox).

I am confused. He gives out to me when I respond to him but expects me to sit by when he responds to me. In this regard he is well versed in the art of double standards.

I will say it again, maybe someone more mature and informed can refute what i said:

I'm pretty sure Biden does want to prolong the war, else they would have made a deal last year.
Biden has stated that he wants regime change in Russia, and essentially I see no other narrative right now.
It would be pretty much double standards if Ukraine wins back all of its land and then asks for peace. Better to find some middle ground. The means in the unlikely event that Ukraine regains alot of its land, Russia then counter attacks and they land somewhere in between the two points ?

TLDR the war continues well into next year and beyond.

====

If any (normal) person wants to refute this, go ahead.

Gold: 45,145.19
Jun 12 2023 12:36pm
If you talk to anyone from Pakistan, not living in Pakistan (or 99% living in Pakistan) they will probably tell you their country is rekt. I have read enough about the situation to know there is no easy answer to their problems. Its basically a terrorist state. This is a quite harsh assessment but when so few people retain all the wealth, and "disappear" so many of their own countrymen, when they are literally a military state, which has access to Nuclear weapons, stamping on democracy, it does not bode well, for Pakistan or the rest of the world.

The Indian foreign minister said it very well - when the EU complained to India for buying Oil from Russia, his response was India would buy from Russia in a month, what the EU buys from Russia in an afternoon, and India does not have the luxury to buy expensive oil, they buy from whoever sells it the cheapest.

Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 12 2023 07:28pm)
On another note, poor countries around the globe continue to put their self-interests ahead of external powers geopolitical ones.

Pakistan has been historically west aligned as Russia has typically been Indian aligned. This deal was also struck using Chinese Yuan, as Pakistan's reserves of dollars are very low.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/6/12/pakistan-gets-first-shipment-of-russian-crude-under-discount-deal

This post was edited by ferdia on Jun 12 2023 12:43pm
Gold: 11,571.00
Jun 12 2023 12:46pm
Quote (ferdia @ Jun 12 2023 02:36pm)
If you talk to anyone from Pakistan, not living in Pakistan (or 99% living in Pakistan) they will probably tell you their country is rekt. I have read enough about the situation to know there is no easy answer to their problems. Its basically a terrorist state.

Idk about calling it a terrorist state. It certainly harbors and has strong elements of Islamic fundamentalism but it still has global significance. They have nukes, they have the world's 5th largest population, they have a sizable military, they are right next to Iran and Afghanistan. These are all good reasons why we (the US) want to have some level on influence on them.

Their PM publicly lauding this deal and calling this the start of a great relationship with a country we've tried to economically strangle doesn't bode well for our influence though. I'm sure China is smiling as Yuan was the currency of exchange here.

I've talked about this a few times. I think common attitude in the west was/is, Russia is basically a glorified gas-station, given long enough if we sanction and get rid of their natural resource imports, we can economically force them to behave. In reality they are just turning east, where if you just count India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China--these countries alone represent close to 45-50% of the globe with a pretty big appetite for resources.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jun 12 2023 12:53pm
Gold: 127,293.50
Jun 12 2023 02:00pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 12 2023 07:28pm)

Breaking news! World first, countries act in their own self interest!
Gold: 127,293.50
Jun 12 2023 02:07pm
Quote (ferdia @ Jun 12 2023 07:33pm)
(I have to use chrome to ignore the above, I prefer firefox).

I am confused. He gives out to me when I respond to him but expects me to sit by when he responds to me. In this regard he is well versed in the art of double standards.

I will say it again, maybe someone more mature and informed can refute what i said:

I'm pretty sure Biden does want to prolong the war, else they would have made a deal last year.
Biden has stated that he wants regime change in Russia, and essentially I see no other narrative right now.
It would be pretty much double standards if Ukraine wins back all of its land and then asks for peace. Better to find some middle ground. The means in the unlikely event that Ukraine regains alot of its land, Russia then counter attacks and they land somewhere in between the two points ?

====

If any (normal) person wants to refute this, go ahead.

You are clearly confused. Keeping shilling for the shills kid. Genocide advocate.
Your opinion on anything involving morality is worth less than shit.

Platforming and even congratulating those in PARD that support an obvious genocide; While you think its more important to plug random youtube channels.

Pathetic and disgraceful.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Jun 12 2023 02:13pm
Gold: 4.91
Jun 12 2023 02:48pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jun 12 2023 05:07pm)
You are clearly confused. Keeping shilling for the shills kid. Genocide advocate.

Platforming and even congratulating those in PARD that support an obvious genocide; While you think its more important to plug random youtube channels.

You are so weird lol
Gold: 4,575.01
Jun 12 2023 02:51pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Jun 12 2023 01:07pm)

Good lord you are an angry little man
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 12 2023 04:01pm
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ 12 Jun 2023 22:48)
You are so weird lol

Quote (El1te @ 12 Jun 2023 22:51)
Good lord you are an angry little man

Don't be suprised, it's pretty revolting to watch people mixing "peace" and terror regimes together...
Gold: 175,891.69
Jun 12 2023 04:03pm
Quote (ferdia @ Jun 12 2023 04:52pm)

If the offensive fails horribly there will be peacetalks, that is the only scenario.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1295929602961296229634294Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll