d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Associated Press Is A Spunk Rag
Prev12345620Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,400.67
Jan 23 2022 03:02pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 23 Jan 2022 21:40)
Yes. Fucking hell dude. Are you serious? The discrepency between outcomes on Covid between racial groups has been plain as day for a long ass time. It's been studied on and reported to fucking death. Do some honest fucking looking instead of asking for me to hold your hand on this shit. It's been on headlines forever and there's literally a source right in front of you in the OP.

I'm so sick of idiots like you pretending to be "asking questions and being honest" while not doing basic research and "just asking questions" that just ends up spreading doubt over something that was settled a long ass time ago.

An observed discrepancy on health outcomes between racial groups does not prove that race is the guiding factor, jfc. This kind of argument would only be valid in a controlled setting where you can hold constant or factor out all the potential confounders, but that's fundamentally impossible in social sciences where there's a gazillion of them.

In particular, the type of job (service job vs work-from-home job) is a variable that is clearly correlated with both race and covid outcomes, but will be missing in most pre-covid empirical studies on racial differences in health outcomes, so that we cannot take it for granted that these studies would carry over to covid.

At the end of the day, you're advocating for racial discrimination and try to justify it with mere correlations instead of looking at the actual, causal factors underlying inequality in healthcare.
Gold: 260.11
Jan 23 2022 03:04pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 23 2022 03:02pm)
An observed discrepancy on health outcomes between racial groups does not prove that race is the guiding factor, jfc. This kind of argument would only be valid in a controlled setting where you can hold constant or factor out all the potential confounders, but that's fundamentally impossible in social sciences where there's a gazillion of them.

You are so full of shit.

Race does not need to be a biologically guiding factor if it's a societally guiding factor. We fucked over certain groups based on race, those groups now have worse healthcare outcomes even with the same socioeconomic condition because of lingering biases in healthcare, job distribution, zip codes, and everything else.

This isn't a hard concept but for some reason I have to explain this and similar things to you every single week because you like to deep throat right wing propaganda and then come to me and challenge me to pull the dick out of your throat.
Gold: 14,569.69
Jan 23 2022 03:09pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 23 2022 11:41am)
Ah yes, the "science" of institutionalized racism. Brought to us by the people who also brought us phrenology and eugenics.
Tell me, how much melanin must I have in my skin before I'm allowed live-saving treatment? Can I just dust myself with some shoe polish, or will they check my ancestry to see if I had a single white great-grandfather?
Do we DNA test every applicant, or could Talcum X and Nkechi Amare Diallo receive the antibodies?

Discriminating against people on the basis of race and color isn't just controversial, its illegal, and obviously unconstitutional. It violates the civil rights act of 1964. Too bad the civil rights movement wasn't forward-thinking enough to push for a law that said 'oops, this doesn't apply to whites'.

The amount of tears you would produce as an actual minority would be staggering
Gold: 22,189.49
Jan 23 2022 03:12pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jan 23 2022 02:51pm)
Yep, because you are taking away rights, not distributing something.

Denying life-saving healthcare is "taking away rights", the right to life. Furthermore, distributing something in a way that discriminates on the basis of skin color would be illegal and unconstitutional for the same reason.
The civil rights act didn't say you can discriminate as long as you add additional steps, nor did it say you can discriminate when giving benefits just not taking away rights.

Something "being racist" isn't the end-all of morality

Oh man
Here you are, openly defending "being racist", we're getting into the juicy stuff now

You're using the definition of "racist" to mean "considers race at all"

I'm using the definition of "racist" to mean discriminating against someone on the basis of their race or skin color. The same definition used by the civil rights act of 1964, which makes these policies illegal, and which will be used to strike down the racist New York policy in court if the state doesn't fold like Utah and Minnesota already have. Personally, I'm opposed to racism, but you demonstrate this fine appreciation for racism where you add the caveat that racism is okay as long as it favors the same races as you favor. But I think the real issue here is that you don't respect all the hard work and theorizing done in the past by the bureaucrats of the third reich who were tasked with formalizing the metrics for racism and figuring out how to define the races they intended to discriminate against. They had such detailed and comprehensive methods of establishing one's race, I think it would be a great starting point for you to establish how you intend to distinguish Barack Obama from Wentworth Miller. To the Nazis, they're both subhuman scum and the product of illegal miscegenation.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jan 23 2022 03:13pm
Jan 23 2022 03:15pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 23 2022 03:12pm)
Denying life-saving healthcare is "taking away rights", the right to life.

Goom lies again. What a surprise. Not

You are not taking away a life saving treatment by distributing it preferentially to groups with higher risk. If that were the case then 30 year olds could sue because the government prioritized 60 year olds.

If you have to lie in every single post it's a good indication you're full of shit.
Gold: 98,921.50
Jan 23 2022 03:17pm
Quote (kenw @ Jan 23 2022 09:49pm)
You should worry less about the woes of the black community and more about whites becoming a minority in a couple of decades and...not getting prioritized for the poisonous jab. :rofl:

Imagine being white trash to the point where you have to use a VPN in order to assume your true identity online. oof

Like I said, kenw oozing racism

Nothing new here :rolleyes:
Gold: 285.00
Jan 23 2022 03:17pm
Enough white people are anti-vaxxers to account for any % of whites who shouldn't take the vaccine for affirmative action.

Gold: 4,400.67
Jan 23 2022 03:18pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 23 Jan 2022 22:04)
You are so full of shit.

Race does not need to be a biologically guiding factor if it's a societally guiding factor. We fucked over certain groups based on race, those groups now have worse healthcare outcomes even with the same socioeconomic condition because of lingering biases in healthcare, job distribution, zip codes, and everything else.

This isn't a hard concept but for some reason I have to explain this and similar things to you every single week because you like to deep throat right wing propaganda and then come to me and challenge me to pull the dick out of your throat.

The bolded part has not been proven for covid, lol. And how the fuck can you admit that certain biases like job distribution are driving these differences in health outcome and then still advocate for rules which would deny life-saving treatment to a white person working a high-risk job while granting it to his black coworker (all else being equal)? Why on earth do you not advocate for prioritizing people in high-risk jobs instead of prioritizing by race in such a situation?

If anyone has deep-throated propaganda here, it is you with the woke ideology of "righting past discrimination by present-day discrimination in the opposite direction".
Jan 23 2022 03:19pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 23 2022 03:18pm)
The bolded part has not been proven for covid,

Oh look you're full of shit again. We don't need to do an explicit study for every condition, but even if we did Sioux already posted the rates that are more than enough to justify this.

Stop. Deep. Throating. Right. Wing. Cock.
Gold: 22,189.49
Jan 23 2022 03:20pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jan 23 2022 03:15pm)
Goom lies again. What a surprise. Not

You are not taking away a life saving treatment by distributing it preferentially to groups with higher risk. If that were the case then 30 year olds could sue because the government prioritized 60 year olds.

If you have to lie in every single post it's a good indication you're full of shit.

Age discrimination doesn't apply in all the same scenarios as racial discrimination under US law, nice try. Age discrimination is codified under separate statutes than the civil rights act, like the age discrimination act of 1975, which purposefully distinguishes between permissible and impermissible forms of discrimination based on age, specifically considering health care applications like this. You'd know this, if you hadn't forgotten everything you ever knew about civil rights when the DNC decided to regress to the 1950s.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345620Next
Closed New Topic New Poll