d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Seen This And Thoughts ?
Prev167891012Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,569.69
Jan 21 2022 08:19pm
Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Jan 21 2022 05:43pm)
Hello!

Not sure if this was directed at me, but, I have looked into how retroviruses work but I am not a doctor.

If you are, can you elaborate? Would like to respond appropriately.

Well, unfortunately we don't know the entire truth at this very moment. I can say I know a number of people who did come down with the virus (as mentioned above) and it was pretty nasty. However, my diabetic step father did recover with no long term issues as well (and per public health officials at the time, he should have been drafting his will).

It has been made clear, though, that Dr. Fauci will be investigated if Republicans take back the house and senate this year (which is very likely based on the Biden/Harris approval ratings in current day), so, if there was foul play, perhaps we will find out about it soon enough.

Till then, I will continue taking the proper precautions when I am around the elderly, children and those who are immunocompromised

They are not old school vax technology with a minimized purified part of the virus in them. They don’t work that way
Gold: 550.00
Jan 21 2022 08:40pm
Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Jan 21 2022 05:43pm)
Hello!

Not sure if this was directed at me, but, I have looked into how retroviruses work but I am not a doctor.

If you are, can you elaborate? Would like to respond appropriately

Covid isn't a retrovirus
Gold: 9,030.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 21 2022 09:52pm
Quote (theCrossbones @ Jan 21 2022 09:19pm)
They are not old school vax technology with a minimized purified part of the virus in them. They don’t work that way

Alright, are you able to elaborate on how they do work? Also, I must ask - hasn't established science for decades indicated that vaccinations are most effective when using the aforementioned source materials?

I'd need to better understand what changed all of that over 1 virus. I am not being facetious either -- I welcome a medically trained professional to explain both why I can be surrounded by a virus and not catch it and why I need to be vaccinated after such. My mind can be changed for sure.

Quote (Sioux @ Jan 21 2022 09:40pm)
Covid isn't a retrovirus

It is though based on my research - it functions on RNA to DNA conversion and host cell integration similar to the Human Immunodeficiency Virus.

This post was edited by CyrusTheGreat on Jan 21 2022 09:56pm
Jan 21 2022 09:58pm
Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Jan 21 2022 07:52pm)
It is though based on my research - it functions on RNA to DNA conversion and host cell integration similar to the Human Immunodeficiency Virus.

The your research is wrong. It's not a retrovirus. An RNA virus is not the same as an mRNA virus.
Jan 21 2022 10:00pm
Quote (Sioux @ Jan 21 2022 10:58pm)
The your research is wrong. It's not a retrovirus. An RNA virus is not the same as an mRNA virus.

I still don't accept that as accurate (yet), but, I welcome any form of explanation of differences. Please feel free to elaborate if you'd like as to the differences you are referencing.
Jan 21 2022 10:04pm
Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Jan 21 2022 08:00pm)
I still don't accept that as accurate (yet), but, I welcome any form of explanation of differences. Please feel free to elaborate if you'd like as to the differences you are referencing.

Sure. The defining characteristic of retroviruses is conversion of mRNA to DNA by an enzyme called reverse transcriptase. Covid does that have that as it isn't a retrovirus. It's an RNA virus that converts RNA to mRNA.

There's a reason retroviruses are so hard to cure as they integrate with the host genome in a way other viruses don't. Baltimore classification 4 versus 6 if you want to have something to Google.

This post was edited by Sioux on Jan 21 2022 10:07pm
Jan 21 2022 10:09pm
Quote (Sioux @ Jan 21 2022 11:04pm)
Sure. The defining characteristic of retroviruses is conversion of mRNA to DNA by an enzyme called reverse transcriptase. Covid does that have that as it isn't a retrovirus. It's an RNA virus that converts RNA to mRNA.

There's a reason retroviruses are so hard to cure as they integrate with the host genome in a way other viruses don't.

Yep - I agree. The hallmark traits of the most researched retroviral treatments (HIV care) are Protease Inhibitors, Integrase Inhibitors and Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors. Protease blocks the virus from entering the cell. Reverse transcriptase blocks the conversion of RNA to DNA and Integrase is the "hail mary" last resort that blocks the attempt to integrate the "corrupted" DNA into the cells DNA chain.

But, how do we account for the fact that the American CDC (and other health institutes across the globe) are classifying it as a retrovirus?
Gold: 260.11
Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Jan 21 2022 10:09pm)
Yep - I agree. The hallmark traits of the most researched retroviral treatments (HIV care) are Protease Inhibitors, Integrase Inhibitors and Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors. Protease blocks the virus from entering the cell. Reverse transcriptase blocks the conversion of RNA to DNA and Integrase is the "hail mary" last resort that blocks the attempt to integrate the "corrupted" DNA into the cells DNA chain.

But, how do we account for the fact that the American CDC (and other health institutes across the globe) are classifying it as a retrovirus?

Can you cite where they are doing so?

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Jan 21 2022 10:09pm
Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Jan 21 2022 08:09pm)

No one is classifying covid as a retrovirus except maybe internet crackpots who don't know what a retrovirus is.

This post was edited by Sioux on Jan 21 2022 10:10pm
Jan 21 2022 10:10pm
Quote (Sioux @ Jan 21 2022 11:09pm)
No one is classifying covid as a retrovirus.

They are indeed, though. I would recommend researching this a bit further.

With that - have a nice evening :)
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891012Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll