d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Worth Starting Playing Again?
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,763.00
Jan 17 2022 05:27pm
From my experience I'lll tell you that when I played D3 on the console I was greatly disappointed and didn't play long. Recently also came back to D2 LoD and enjoying it greatly after a longer break^^ (would probably enjoy it even more if my laptop wasn't making me wanting to throw it out the window 10 times a day).
Haven't played D2R neither on PC nor console (heard that it was to be available to play it on ps4 but not sure, havent tried)
So whether D2 and D3 were totally different story - never played D3 on PC

Maybe even better experience with this 2.4patch that someone earlier mentioned.
Anyhow going back to a game that you haven't played for many years (like me and many others i bet) gives you a certain thrill ^^
Good luck
Gold: 7.00
Jan 17 2022 07:54pm
PC community all the way! I'd say from my perspective the hype from 15 years ago is still there. Diablo 2 has such a following that people ventured back after diablo 3 was released. Another thing you can do if you still unsure is wait for ladder to start! Good Luck!
Gold: 7,086.51
Jan 17 2022 08:25pm
I’ve never played D3 but from my friend’s experience, it’s nothing compared with D2R. I’ve been back for D2R because of the nostalgia and my thrilling experiences playing D2Lod back to 20 years ago. (It caused my academic results to plummet though lol) I’ve never regretted playing this game honestly.

The variables, social interactions and the whole game design are probably the main reasons why this game can stay alive for more than 20 years. You can’t but salute the great work of game designers.

For your option of playing platform, if you can’t get both console and PC then I’d strongly recommend to get a PC first because the PC community is definitely the biggest. With a bigger community, you can make more friends faster and trade faster, which means you can progress way faster too. I trade not just on d2jsp but also other platforms too.

This post was edited by MCD2R on Jan 17 2022 08:27pm
Gold: 0.00
Jan 17 2022 08:31pm
No, not really. Console is a huge let down

This post was edited by Dasein on Jan 17 2022 08:32pm
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Jan 17 2022 08:46pm
You can try your overall inquiry in the Diablo 2 Resurrected Discussion subforums.

https://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=148
Gold: 1,438.43
Jan 17 2022 09:06pm
Quote (Crased @ Jan 17 2022 12:33pm)
Hey guys,

So I started play Diablo 2 when it was released and continued with LotD when it was released. I haven’t played for probably 15 years now but I find myself thinking about the game every now and then. In my current situation I only have a console and no PC to play on. My question is basically if it is worth to play D2 on console? From what I remember, a large part of the game was the social aspect and I find my self questioning if they managed to capture that aspect of the game on a console. Would appreciate any input and experience from you guys who have played during the peat years, especially if you played on console.

Best
Crased

I think all opinions posted good AND bad are correct lol. Overall though even if you can't get it for PC, I think youll enjoy it for console just fine. The best way to find people to play with on console is the "looking for group" game posts and playing with the same people on baal or cbaal games. Thats how most of us on console probably found our current people we play with besides starting brand new characters again for the first time in a long time and leveling with each other when the game first came out. Now would be a great to get into the game again too because with the new ladder coming eventually and new content update, you can get used to the game again and get that refresher again before we all jump back in for ladder.

Bottom line? If you enjoyed D2 back in the day, then youll still like it now. Also, Ive only run into ONE person trying to scam me so far this whole time which is great. Probably because everyone is 30yrs+ now and just wants to enjoy D2R life.
Gold: 276.10
Jan 18 2022 04:59pm
Thanks Guys for all the input!

So I decided to buy it and I am not disappointed. What a fantastic game and with the updated graphics it’s jus marvelous!

Played online but no one joined. I really hope they fix the matchmaking in the future.

Gold: 1,505.10
Jan 19 2022 03:35am
I came back after a good 15 years break and loving every minute tbh
Pc tho, i think thats the dealbreaker.
I dont think i would be hooked up like that if it was on console
Trade Moderator
Gold: 55,000.00
Trader: Mediator
Jan 19 2022 04:41am
Quote (Crased @ Jan 19 2022 06:59am)
Thanks Guys for all the input!

So I decided to buy it and I am not disappointed. What a fantastic game and with the updated graphics it’s jus marvelous!

Played online but no one joined. I really hope they fix the matchmaking in the future.

That's what D2jsp is for my man, there's a lot of matchmaking here too and you can request for a rush, a lot of people do 'em free!
Just find the corresponding forums for your console.
Gold: 276.10
Jan 19 2022 08:33am
Quote (Lionhearted @ Jan 19 2022 11:41am)
That's what D2jsp is for my man, there's a lot of matchmaking here too and you can request for a rush, a lot of people do 'em free!
Just find the corresponding forums for your console.

Thanks mate! Things are quite different now compared to back in the days when you could play endlessly. Having kids and a full time job I know I wouldn’t be able to farm end game content. Hence I decided to just enjoy the game in a linear way without any rush.
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic