d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Worth Starting Playing Again?
123Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 276.10
Jan 17 2022 12:33pm
Hey guys,

So I started play Diablo 2 when it was released and continued with LotD when it was released. I haven’t played for probably 15 years now but I find myself thinking about the game every now and then. In my current situation I only have a console and no PC to play on. My question is basically if it is worth to play D2 on console? From what I remember, a large part of the game was the social aspect and I find my self questioning if they managed to capture that aspect of the game on a console. Would appreciate any input and experience from you guys who have played during the peat years, especially if you played on console.

Best
Crased
Gold: 2,858.20
Jan 17 2022 12:35pm
Hi Crased!

Glad to hear you’re considering coming back, they actually did a good job making the game compatible with console.

It’s not the same experience as P.C due to the lack of social interactions and restrictions but the game is still good. I recommend getting a P.C set up for patch 2.4(ladder comes out) as there will be some buffs and new rune words.

But if you can’t get a P.C, than just stick to console, patch 2.4 will shake a bunch of things up. Hope to see you on!
Gold: 20,505.44
Jan 17 2022 12:37pm
I’ll play seldomly on my switch and anytime I tried to join/create a public game it put me alone. Not sure if they fixed that issue or switch was that dead but my first look at console playing was that it wasn’t very social friendly. Not sure if console versions support voice chat in public games as well since the obvious lack of keyboard support also hinders communicating with people you play with unless you’re in some sort of party chat.
Gold: 276.10
Jan 17 2022 01:03pm
Thanks for the input. Ye I’ve seen some YouTube content on the game and my impression is that they really succeeded in making it console friendly. However, as also mentioned above, it would suck to starting multiplayer games and always end up playing alone. As I understand it I will not be able to play on my Xbox with pc people hence I do see a large risk that it will be mainly a single player experience
Gold: 52.37
Jan 17 2022 01:37pm
Quote (J-dawg @ 17 Jan 2022 19:37)
I’ll play seldomly on my switch and anytime I tried to join/create a public game it put me alone. Not sure if they fixed that issue or switch was that dead but my first look at console playing was that it wasn’t very social friendly. Not sure if console versions support voice chat in public games as well since the obvious lack of keyboard support also hinders communicating with people you play with unless you’re in some sort of party chat.

I've yet to find a single game with people in it on switch, and I play daily. Either they all play private or switch can't find good "matches".
Downside is that you can't really interact with anyone. We have a touch screen. We can only use a "chat wheel" with basic preset text strings (like Thanks, bye, town portal, bag's full). I'd be glad if they let us use the keyboard or at least set our own strings to use. But meh, I like it on the switch. PC is superior though.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 17 2022 01:52pm
Don't get it for console. If PC yes.

Reasons above.

If you don't mind single player, get it on console.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 17 2022 02:05pm
Not worth playing again.
Gold: 3,705.00
Trader: Mediator
Jan 17 2022 02:21pm
Diablo 2 could be worth it if you're wanting nostalgia, but D2: Resurrected is highly active currently.

I recommend playing on PC over console but that's just me.

Console doesn't have in-game chat or channel chat etc, so you're missing a big part of what makes the game great, which is the community.

Trade Moderator
Gold: 55,000.00
Trader: Mediator
Jan 17 2022 03:22pm
Sanctuary and jsp welcomes you,

As a owner of the game on all available platforms, I’d say even though there is no lobby and chat on console, the game is still fun to play on console and there’re corresponding trading forums here for each platform if you’re ever in need of rushes, runs and what not, playing the game on controller isn’t that bad either.

May you find an exciting adventure in the depths of hell just as you did 15 or so years ago!

This post was edited by Lionhearted on Jan 17 2022 03:23pm
Gold: 64,186.85
Jan 17 2022 03:28pm
I played for a bunch of years on hardcore pc (in window mode). The Xbox is where I play now. The cpu was better because you could tell-stomp and lay down traps exactly where you want em. This is not the case for Xbox. But when I played on pc I couldn’t lean back or play from bed. It’s definitely still worth playing on Xbox. Do some trades on jsp or looking for group and you’ll quickly get some folks to run games with. But BUY AN EXTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE and install d2r to it. If you don’t do this the load screens will kill you
Go Back To General Help Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic