d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Floping Over, The New Normal
Prev123456Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,978.00
Dec 2 2021 01:02pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 2 2021 10:34am)
violently overthrow the current regime is one way to phrase it, retake the country and reinstall traditional values is another. i dont see a way to categorize the latter as anything other than "dying for your country", its literally dying to try and reinstall "american values". people are willing to die to make america great again, how can that not be seen as dying for america?

If can be seen as something other than "Dying for America" is your definition of "America" is different from theirs. At this point we're just talking past each other coming from two highly subjective perspectives. Kenw for example would probably call everyone involved with Jan 6 a "white trash hillbilly" or something, and probably wouldn't readily define them as people restoring "American values", because Kenw's values are most likely, America is fundamentally racist and evil and all white people are trash.

How I interpreted the original statement of "dying for your country" is a sentiment that is now long gone, but existing quite strongly in the 1980's and 1990's, when most people still believed that America was the good guy. Now that the mask is off, and the regime has thrown half the country in the bin, there's no more rallying around the regime as is. Of course, the people who lived in those times still exist, and the ideas of the country's founding still exist in theory, so yes again we agree that there are people willing to die for *that*. But to me, because you'd have to be the biggest dipshit to think that those principles still have even a little bearing on how things are run now, (and I think you recognize that) the 1980's patriotism America rules sentiment is all but dead. And good riddance, it's way past time.
Gold: 2,489.69
Dec 2 2021 01:06pm
Quote (Nibthebarb @ Dec 2 2021 02:02pm)
If can be seen as something other than "Dying for America" is your definition of "America" is different from theirs. At this point we're just talking past each other coming from two highly subjective perspectives. Kenw for example would probably call everyone involved with Jan 6 a "white trash hillbilly" or something, and probably wouldn't readily define them as people restoring "American values", because Kenw's values are most likely, America is fundamentally racist and evil and all white people are trash.

How I interpreted the original statement of "dying for your country" is a sentiment that is now long gone, but existing quite strongly in the 1980's and 1990's, when most people still believed that America was the good guy. Now that the mask is off, and the regime has thrown half the country in the bin, there's no more rallying around the regime as is. Of course, the people who lived in those times still exist, and the ideas of the country's founding still exist in theory, so yes again we agree that there are people willing to die for *that*. But to me, because you'd have to be the biggest dipshit to think that those principles still have even a little bearing on how things are run now, (and I think you recognize that) the 1980's patriotism America rules sentiment is all but dead. And good riddance, it's way past time.

I get what you mean but this regime which is instrumental to your definition is only a year and change separate from Trump, who i assume you think some people would die for, and could be replaced in 2-3 years by Trump again. it just seems odd to me that you think a concept is dead and gone based on something that is temporary (Biden in office).
Dec 2 2021 01:12pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 2 2021 11:06am)
I get what you mean but this regime which is instrumental to your definition is only a year and change separate from Trump, who i assume you think some people would die for, and could be replaced in 2-3 years by Trump again. it just seems odd to me that you think a concept is dead and gone based on something that is temporary (Biden in office).

It could be temporary, sure. Most of the smart money says that Republicans will destroy in 2022 midterms. But I do think some (most) of the damage done is permanent. I don't see how trust in government is restored in this next 2 generations. I don't think the Republican Party is well-equipped to restore that trust, at all. They are a business that will adapt to the political landscape, and probably continue to compete and win in elections, but only by changing to the decaying situation America finds itself in. Heritage America is going to be left behind either way, even when the Democrat Party inevitably gets its ass handed to it - it'll feel good for a little bit but jack shit will improve.

For example, if President Poopy Pants rattles the saber at China, who then invades Taiwan, there's not going to be some rally around the flag. Even if there's a false flag setup for it, EVEN then I think the rift has run so deep, that they'd be hard-pressed to get any significant public support.
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Dec 3 2021 02:27am
The Curious Case of Collapsing Athletes: Dropping Like Flies
https://www.bitchute.com/video/DTSccolGoerb/
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 3 2021 02:38am
Quote (Nibthebarb @ Dec 2 2021 02:12pm)
It could be temporary, sure. Most of the smart money says that Republicans will destroy in 2022 midterms. But I do think some (most) of the damage done is permanent. I don't see how trust in government is restored in this next 2 generations. I don't think the Republican Party is well-equipped to restore that trust, at all. They are a business that will adapt to the political landscape, and probably continue to compete and win in elections, but only by changing to the decaying situation America finds itself in. Heritage America is going to be left behind either way, even when the Democrat Party inevitably gets its ass handed to it - it'll feel good for a little bit but jack shit will improve.

For example, if President Poopy Pants rattles the saber at China, who then invades Taiwan, there's not going to be some rally around the flag. Even if there's a false flag setup for it, EVEN then I think the rift has run so deep, that they'd be hard-pressed to get any significant public support.

If we don’t stand up for Taiwan then you can basically kiss peace time goodbye.

In the hypothetical situation where China actually invades Taiwan, it would be insane to think they were not going after Japan soon after. Unless the states completely ignores our obligations to Japan, which at this point is actually likely, we will be going to war.

Unfortunately, there is real unrest within our military. You can say anything you want about our potential, but understand winning a real war is about believing in what you are fighting for.

There are so many fucked up beliefs becoming ever more popular. Who knows how many people will actually fight for this country in the near future.
Gold: 29,446.00
Dec 3 2021 03:15am
Quote (WickedDarkJuggalos @ Dec 3 2021 10:38am)

In the hypothetical situation where China actually invades Taiwan, it would be insane to think they were not going after Japan soon after. Unless the states completely ignores our obligations to Japan, which at this point is actually likely, we will be going to war.

Unfortunately, there is real unrest within our military. You can say anything you want about our potential, but understand winning a real war is about believing in what you are fighting for.

There are so many fucked up beliefs becoming ever more popular. Who knows how many people will actually fight for this country in the near future.

I reckon Japan would be a pretty huge leap from Taiwan. China and Taiwan share a long history of cultural and religious heritage along with having a common dominant language.

About fighting for my country through war... I think the national perspective on state priorities, policies and values wouldn't remain unchanged through war. I feel I would be fighting not for the standing regime, but for the undetermined future of my nation on behalf of it's cultural history and fundamental values.
Dec 3 2021 03:31am
Quote (WickedDarkJuggalos @ Dec 3 2021 12:38am)

Sure, I do see many bad things cascading from that, far more than just China's regional ambitions. However,

I don't think it's very realistic. In this day and age, any amphibious operation across the Taiwan Strait would be a death sentence for... jesus... probably 100,000s. It's a pretty long trip, and Taiwan is mostly mountainous, it's just about the worst logistical situation you can imagine. It might be the greatest military disaster/bloodbath to ever exist if it were to be carried out with a straight up conventional invasion. Which is why it's likely never to happen that way - inevitably a Chinese victory but not without sending a generation of young men to drown in the strait.

And certainly never going to happen to Japan, which would be 10 times harder to pull off than Taiwan.

I think the far more real and present threat is internal collapse within America, to the point where maintaining external alliances becomes a luxury. EVEN THEN I don't see China just moseying around East Asia, it isn't WW2, the kind of absolute carnage that sort of thing would bring would be such a destabilizing effect on any regime that it's just not likely to happen. The internet has pacified the human race, for better or for worse. Economic and cultural warfare are forever, though.

This post was edited by Nibthebarb on Dec 3 2021 03:46am
Dec 3 2021 04:30am
Quote (Nibthebarb @ Dec 3 2021 04:31am)
Sure, I do see many bad things cascading from that, far more than just China's regional ambitions. However,

I don't think it's very realistic. In this day and age, any amphibious operation across the Taiwan Strait would be a death sentence for... jesus... probably 100,000s. It's a pretty long trip, and Taiwan is mostly mountainous, it's just about the worst logistical situation you can imagine. It might be the greatest military disaster/bloodbath to ever exist if it were to be carried out with a straight up conventional invasion. Which is why it's likely never to happen that way - inevitably a Chinese victory but not without sending a generation of young men to drown in the strait.

And certainly never going to happen to Japan, which would be 10 times harder to pull off than Taiwan.

I think the far more real and present threat is internal collapse within America, to the point where maintaining external alliances becomes a luxury. EVEN THEN I don't see China just moseying around East Asia, it isn't WW2, the kind of absolute carnage that sort of thing would bring would be such a destabilizing effect on any regime that it's just not likely to happen. The internet has pacified the human race, for better or for worse. Economic and cultural warfare are forever, though.

I’m just saying bro the US ain’t ready to defend shit.
Dec 3 2021 04:35am
Quote (tatti @ Dec 3 2021 04:15am)
I reckon Japan would be a pretty huge leap from Taiwan. China and Taiwan share a long history of cultural and religious heritage along with having a common dominant language.

About fighting for my country through war... I think the national perspective on state priorities, policies and values wouldn't remain unchanged through war. I feel I would be fighting not for the standing regime, but for the undetermined future of my nation on behalf of it's cultural history and fundamental values.

It just worries me seeing how our military has been moving this past year. I mean there was a military coup in it’s rawest definition and it didn’t even become big news. You can bet everybody within the military recognized it, and I am doubting how unified they are within the ranks.

I could be wrong though and just being pessimistic. I know there are millions who would fight for the country no matter what.
Gold: 285.00
Dec 3 2021 06:18am
Quote (WickedDarkJuggalos @ Dec 3 2021 03:38am)

China isn't a real military threat to the United States. Their entire population is on the coast in several major cities. We could kill them all overnight.

There would be no invasion or anything, just the physical and complete destruction of several cities and they would be defenseless against our air superiority.

War has always been about reach. Spear -> arrow -> rifle -> aircraft carrier -> ICBM

This post was edited by Skinned on Dec 3 2021 06:19am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Closed New Topic New Poll