d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > D2r Multiclient Guide - One Pc / No Virtualization > D2:R
Prev120212223Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57,374.00
Nov 23 2022 10:15am
Quote (Chobot @ Jul 16 2022 08:01pm)
very nice, so right now it's possible to make a shortcut to kill handle and launch directly a game client instance with specific account and specific realm, without bothering with launcher, this will significantly speed up spawning multiple clients

I can't seem to get Asia server to connect using script. Have to connect through launcher on Asia. EU and US run fine. kr just hangs at connecting to bnet. Anyone else have this issue?
Gold: 0.00
Dec 9 2022 03:43am
Not sure what happened with OP's original post and link to github repo. For whoever's still reading this - I made my version of the script that let's you encrypt your password (without setting it plain text in the shortcut) and choose a region prior to playing the game. Also it doesn't require that you copy the game in order for it to work, also bypasses battle net. My version of this is uploaded into git as well you can find it as boianstefanov/D2R_Script. I couldn't get MFA to work, if someone have ideas for it please share(or directly contribute via git). Cheers!
Gold: 29,638.00
Dec 9 2022 04:53am
Thank you very much - the original github of chobot is still reachable - dont know if he is still working on the script
Gold: 78,853.00
Dec 13 2022 07:58am
Does anyone know if there are GPUs with less than 24GB VRAM that can run 7+ instances?

im currently using a radeon 5700XT with 8GB VRAM and im able to run 4 instances. Just upgraded my CPU to amd ryzen 7 5800x3d and bought 64gb RAM and im looking for a new GPU aswell.
so if 8 gb are able to run diablo 4 times, 20 should be fine for 7 instances, or does it heavily depend on the card?

This post was edited by LNDJsp on Dec 13 2022 08:07am
Gold: 8,945.00
Dec 19 2022 04:50pm
Ok, i am 100% certain it’s something I have overlooked but now my 2nd window crashes everytime i join game.

I have been running dual window since first week of game.

I have it working and running on 2 other systems.(i3 8100/1050 ti and a i5/1650 laptop)

It’s only on my new pc that I seem to be missing something and I assume it’s a setting.

System is 5600x/6750xt.

Any helpful suggestions on what to look at?
Gold: 8,945.00
Dec 19 2022 08:10pm
Quote (chickypoo @ Dec 19 2022 03:50pm)
Ok, i am 100% certain it’s something I have overlooked but now my 2nd window crashes everytime i join game.

I have been running dual window since first week of game.

I have it working and running on 2 other systems.(i3 8100/1050 ti and a i5/1650 laptop)

It’s only on my new pc that I seem to be missing something and I assume it’s a setting.

System is 5600x/6750xt.

Any helpful suggestions on what to look at?

Well that’s weird.

Appears to have been “xmp enabled” in bios which should have nothing to do with game…
Gold: 25,500.00
Dec 19 2022 08:15pm
Quote (LNDJsp @ Dec 13 2022 06:58am)
Does anyone know if there are GPUs with less than 24GB VRAM that can run 7+ instances?

im currently using a radeon 5700XT with 8GB VRAM and im able to run 4 instances. Just upgraded my CPU to amd ryzen 7 5800x3d and bought 64gb RAM and im looking for a new GPU aswell.
so if 8 gb are able to run diablo 4 times, 20 should be fine for 7 instances, or does it heavily depend on the card?

i run 8 just fine with 12g vram
Gold: 2,532.00
Jan 26 2023 01:35pm
did blizzard change anything? i am using the other guide of OP that was deleted and when I am in the same game I keep getting disconnect on one of the clients.
Gold: 82,673.69
Feb 27 2023 04:24pm
works great, i used to go into PE to manually close the instances, huge help
Gold: 0.00
Mar 13 2023 04:58am
Before
Code
if (!([Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal][Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()).IsInRole([Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole] "Administrator")) { Start-Process powershell.exe "-NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File `"$PSCommandPath`"" -Verb RunAs; exit }

& "$PSScriptRoot\handle64.exe" -accepteula -a -p D2R.exe > $PSScriptRoot\d2r_handles.txt

$proc_id_populated = ""
$handle_id_populated = ""

foreach($line in Get-Content $PSScriptRoot\d2r_handles.txt) {

$proc_id = $line | Select-String -Pattern '^D2R.exe pid\: (?<g1>.+) ' | %{$_.Matches.Groups[1].value}
if ($proc_id)
{
$proc_id_populated = $proc_id
}
$handle_id = $line | Select-String -Pattern '^(?<g2>.+): Event.*DiabloII Check For Other Instances' | %{$_.Matches.Groups[1].value}
if ($handle_id)
{
$handle_id_populated = $handle_id
}

if($handle_id){

Write-Host "Closing" $proc_id_populated $handle_id_populated
& "$PSScriptRoot\handle64.exe" -p $proc_id_populated -c $handle_id_populated -y

}

}

read-host "Press ENTER to continue..."

After
Code
if (!([Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal][Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()).IsInRole([Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole] "Administrator")) { Start-Process powershell.exe "-NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File `"$PSCommandPath`"" -Verb RunAs; exit }

& "$PSScriptRoot\D2Rhandle_del\handle64.exe" -accepteula -a -p D2R.exe > $PSScriptRoot\D2Rhandle_del\d2r_handles.txt

$proc_id_populated = ""
$handle_id_populated = ""

foreach($line in Get-Content $PSScriptRoot\D2Rhandle_del\d2r_handles.txt) {

$proc_id = $line | Select-String -Pattern '^D2R.exe pid\: (?<g1>.+) ' | %{$_.Matches.Groups[1].value}
if ($proc_id)
{
$proc_id_populated = $proc_id
}
$handle_id = $line | Select-String -Pattern '^(?<g2>.+): Event.*DiabloII Check For Other Instances' | %{$_.Matches.Groups[1].value}
if ($handle_id)
{
$handle_id_populated = $handle_id
}

if($handle_id){

Write-Host "Closing" $proc_id_populated $handle_id_populated
& "$PSScriptRoot\D2Rhandle_del\handle64.exe" -p $proc_id_populated -c $handle_id_populated -y

}

}
pause
read-host "Press ENTER to continue..."

Batch Script Optional
Code
PowerShell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "& {Start-Process PowerShell -ArgumentList '-NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File "%~dp0D2Rhandle_del.ps1"' -Verb RunAs}"

Windows 11 : Frustrated & Upset because PowerShell Scripts can't run as admin ???
Shortcut Created ( Run as admin checkbox greyed out )
Installed PowerShell 7, same thing Result.

Fix Of the Day #1 !
Was able to click start > Search power shell, then Right-Click as admiistrator ( copy & paste the script ) and run it just fine * Had to edit the directory locations
Just Ctrl+F to search or Ctrl+H to replace text.
$PSScriptRoot\ = C:\

So basically you just add the missing directory folder named D2Rhandle_del
Instead of "$PSScriptRoot\handle64.exe"
You will do "$PSScriptRoot\D2Rhandle_del\handle64.exe"

Instead of $PSScriptRoot\d2r_handles.txt
You will do $PSScriptRoot\D2Rhandle_del\d2r_handles.txt

Fix Of the Day #2 !
Even though the mentioned fix above works.
There is still an even better workaround. !!!
Instead of making changes to the directories.

In the D2Rhandle_del Folder , just Create a NewFile.txt ( You can Delete this text file after its saved as Start.Bat)
Copy & Paste This Batch Script that I've Provided , save it as Start.Bat

What this will do Is it will Open command Prompt ( No need for run as admin ) , and it will Automatically Launch PowerShell as Admin , and Run the D2Rhandle_del Script
:) Enjoy.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev120212223Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll