d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > D2r Multiclient Guide - One Pc / No Virtualization > D2:R
Prev1161718192023Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jul 11 2022 02:03am
Can you log in with your second account in your main #1 battle net client?

If you made a copy of your game and you cannot connect with it (with any account), it's likely firewalled.

Gold: 0.00
Jul 11 2022 03:44pm
Quote (Chobot @ 11 Jul 2022 10:03)
Can you log in with your second account in your main #1 battle net client?

If you made a copy of your game and you cannot connect with it (with any account), it's likely firewalled.

If I start the copy I can log into my main battle net client and it works fine.
Gold: 4,489.00
Jul 15 2022 03:33pm
Not sure if it has been mentioned before in this thread, but you can bypass the launcher and start the game directly via the D2R.exe using -username xxxxx -password xxxx as parameters.

I have a small batch script that starts client #1, waits a bit, kills the handle, starts client #2, kills handle, and so on. You end up on the character selection screen and works fine as long as you stay on the same realm. If you want different settings per client you can copy individual %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected\Settings.json in the script before you run D2R.

There is also a -realm parameter that maybe can be used to switch realm, but I never got that one to work.
Banned
Jul 15 2022 09:53pm
Quote (hebjor @ Jul 15 2022 11:33pm)
Not sure if it has been mentioned before in this thread, but you can bypass the launcher and start the game directly via the D2R.exe using -username xxxxx -password xxxx as parameters.

I have a small batch script that starts client #1, waits a bit, kills the handle, starts client #2, kills handle, and so on. You end up on the character selection screen and works fine as long as you stay on the same realm. If you want different settings per client you can copy individual %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected\Settings.json in the script before you run D2R.

There is also a -realm parameter that maybe can be used to switch realm, but I never got that one to work.

Oh, that's rly cool :) it seems it was there forever, haven't seen this info before - https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67329. This is a much better approach then what some of those managers are doing to save tokens which expire and then everything crashes xd

With this there is no need to have multiple game copies and wait for slow launcher. Let see that realm switch, if that works and what arguments it requires - is it like US / EU or the full actual.blabla.battlenet thing? anyone knows?

This post was edited by Chobot on Jul 15 2022 10:03pm
Banned
Jul 16 2022 10:53am
Anyone knows how the realm command line argument works?

I tried d2r.exe -realm eu.actual.battle.net or -realm EU, that did not work, is there any correct format? or it's not working in d2r?
Gold: 43,665.00
Jul 16 2022 04:12pm
Quote (Chobot @ Jul 16 2022 09:53am)
Anyone knows how the realm command line argument works?

I tried d2r.exe -realm eu.actual.battle.net or -realm EU, that did not work, is there any correct format? or it's not working in d2r?

Pretty interesting will try some of this out later but maybe instead of eu.actual.battle.net try eu.logon.battle.net
Banned
Jul 16 2022 04:16pm
Why there is no documentation about this :D people have to reverse this somehow.
Jul 16 2022 04:43pm
Quote (Chobot @ Jul 16 2022 03:16pm)
Why there is no documentation about this :D people have to reverse this somehow.

Your link was super helpful, so -realm kr.logon.battle.net didnt work but what did work for me is -address instead of realm

D2R.exe -address kr.actual.battle.net

This post was edited by Bunn on Jul 16 2022 04:45pm
Banned
Jul 16 2022 08:01pm
very nice, so right now it's possible to make a shortcut to kill handle and launch directly a game client instance with specific account and specific realm, without bothering with launcher, this will significantly speed up spawning multiple clients

D2Rhandle_del.ps1:
Code

if (!([Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal][Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()).IsInRole([Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole] "Administrator")) { Start-Process powershell.exe "-NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File `"$PSCommandPath`"" -Verb RunAs; exit }
& "$PSScriptRoot\handle64.exe" -accepteula -a -p D2R.exe > $PSScriptRoot\d2r_handles.txt
$proc_id_populated = ""
$handle_id_populated = ""
foreach($line in Get-Content $PSScriptRoot\d2r_handles.txt) {

$proc_id = $line | Select-String -Pattern '^D2R.exe pid\: (?<g1>.+) ' | %{$_.Matches.Groups[1].value}
if ($proc_id)
{
$proc_id_populated = $proc_id
}
$handle_id = $line | Select-String -Pattern '^(?<g2>.+): Event.*DiabloII Check For Other Instances' | %{$_.Matches.Groups[1].value}
if ($handle_id)
{
$handle_id_populated = $handle_id
}

if($handle_id){

Write-Host "Closing" $proc_id_populated $handle_id_populated
& "$PSScriptRoot\handle64.exe" -p $proc_id_populated -c $handle_id_populated -y

}

}

#& "$PSScriptRoot\Diablo II Resurrected Launcher.exe"
& "$PSScriptRoot\D2R.exe" -username <bnet-email> -password <password> -address <eu/us/kr.actual.battle.net>
#read-host "Press ENTER to continue..."

<your variable value> without <>
Jul 16 2022 08:13pm
Quote (Chobot @ Jul 16 2022 07:01pm)
very nice, so right now it's possible to make a shortcut to kill handle and launch directly a game client instance with specific account and specific realm, without bothering with launcher, this will significantly speed up spawning multiple clients

D2Rhandle_del.ps1:
Code
if (!([Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal][Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()).IsInRole([Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole] "Administrator")) { Start-Process powershell.exe "-NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File `"$PSCommandPath`"" -Verb RunAs; exit }
& "$PSScriptRoot\handle64.exe" -accepteula -a -p D2R.exe > $PSScriptRoot\d2r_handles.txt
$proc_id_populated = ""
$handle_id_populated = ""
foreach($line in Get-Content $PSScriptRoot\d2r_handles.txt) {

$proc_id = $line | Select-String -Pattern '^D2R.exe pid\: (?<g1>.+) ' | %{$_.Matches.Groups[1].value}
if ($proc_id)
{
$proc_id_populated = $proc_id
}
$handle_id = $line | Select-String -Pattern '^(?<g2>.+): Event.*DiabloII Check For Other Instances' | %{$_.Matches.Groups[1].value}
if ($handle_id)
{
$handle_id_populated = $handle_id
}

if($handle_id){

Write-Host "Closing" $proc_id_populated $handle_id_populated
& "$PSScriptRoot\handle64.exe" -p $proc_id_populated -c $handle_id_populated -y

}

}

#& "$PSScriptRoot\Diablo II Resurrected Launcher.exe"
& "$PSScriptRoot\D2R.exe" -username <bnet-email> -password <password> -address <eu/us/kr.actual.battle.net>
#read-host "Press ENTER to continue..."

<your variable value> without <>

Only issue Im seeing so far is when specifying any of your other accounts in the username/password argument. If those accounts are using bnet authenticator, it will just sit on connecting to bnet for probably ever, I do receive a notification from bnet authenticator but looks like its never received on the client side which kind of makes sense if the launcher is not involved.

This post was edited by Bunn on Jul 16 2022 08:13pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1161718192023Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll