d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Laggy When Streaming
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40,605.01
Oct 18 2021 08:33am
No, my experience has been all trial and error with X-Split.
Gold: 500.00
Oct 18 2021 08:37am
Quote (Xet @ Oct 18 2021 09:33am)
No, my experience has been all trial and error with X-Split.

Alright dang I’ll have to do that too lmao! I ordered the mobo and cpu it’ll be here tomorrow and going to pick up my 32gb of ram today so we’ll see what happens
Gold: 796.00
Oct 18 2021 01:10pm
Quote (InfernoPure22 @ Oct 18 2021 07:47am)
I went ahead and ordered a Ryzen 7 5800x and a aorus x570 elite mobo also picking up 2x16gb of ddr4 3600mhz c16 ram

nice, that's a good upgrade along with the RAM.

Quote (InfernoPure22 @ Oct 18 2021 09:56am)
Ram was up there a little bit so I did get more ram and didn’t check cpu honestly I’ve always wanted to switch to Ryzen anyways because everything I’ve been told is it’s better for gaming/streaming combined. Thoughts? Thoughts on the stuff I ordered?

that's generally a performance vs. cost statement, the 5800x is good for that. here's the two biggest things I think you'll see if you do a lot of googling to decide if the 5800x was the right choice:

1. 10700k/11700k is better at gaming : if you were a career CSGO player it might be a small factor, like a 1-3 percentage improvements in SOME games, otherwise its the same or slower than the 5800x. there is technically more latency on a ryzen machine but it's a non-factor in your situation (and 99.99% of people)
2. should have just gotten the 5900 : people say this because you get 4 more cores for not a whole lot of price difference. this is up to you, you see the price difference and know what that means for your situation. while it's something I would have stretched for, it's not really a bad decision to not.. you could talk yourself up the upgrade ladder forever. you won't see a difference in 90% of games now, but you would benefit from the cores when streaming a bit. if the price difference doesn't bother you then get the 5900.

Oct 18 2021 04:32pm
Quote (purplex @ Oct 18 2021 02:10pm)
nice, that's a good upgrade along with the RAM.

that's generally a performance vs. cost statement, the 5800x is good for that. here's the two biggest things I think you'll see if you do a lot of googling to decide if the 5800x was the right choice:

1. 10700k/11700k is better at gaming : if you were a career CSGO player it might be a small factor, like a 1-3 percentage improvements in SOME games, otherwise its the same or slower than the 5800x. there is technically more latency on a ryzen machine but it's a non-factor in your situation (and 99.99% of people)
2. should have just gotten the 5900 : people say this because you get 4 more cores for not a whole lot of price difference. this is up to you, you see the price difference and know what that means for your situation. while it's something I would have stretched for, it's not really a bad decision to not.. you could talk yourself up the upgrade ladder forever. you won't see a difference in 90% of games now, but you would benefit from the cores when streaming a bit. if the price difference doesn't bother you then get the 5900.

Damnit I was very very very considering the 5900 but I went with the 5800x instead. I’m really hoping I made the right choice but I do have 30days to return it
Gold: 390.44
Oct 18 2021 04:40pm
wow... just wow... 5900(x) is more use for editing work. 5800x is more than enough for your use-case. I stream from time to time and only have a r5 3600 with a 3060. Any time I have issues it's more an internet problem than anything else. I think you should have considered your speeds and obs settings first and potentially saved yourself a lot of $$.

Hell I know a lot of streamers that are still running old hardware including a few that are still running 1060's.

Also the RAM thing, 16g is plenty of RAM for streaming. A few things to keep in mind when streaming: cut down on things that are using your ISP. Close launchers when you are not using them. And minimize the tabs in whatever browser you use.

The more things you have running that use internet, the slower your stream is going to be.
Oct 18 2021 05:34pm
Quote (StealinHerHeart @ Oct 18 2021 05:40pm)
wow... just wow... 5900(x) is more use for editing work. 5800x is more than enough for your use-case. I stream from time to time and only have a r5 3600 with a 3060. Any time I have issues it's more an internet problem than anything else. I think you should have considered your speeds and obs settings first and potentially saved yourself a lot of $$.

Hell I know a lot of streamers that are still running old hardware including a few that are still running 1060's.

Also the RAM thing, 16g is plenty of RAM for streaming. A few things to keep in mind when streaming: cut down on things that are using your ISP. Close launchers when you are not using them. And minimize the tabs in whatever browser you use.

The more things you have running that use internet, the slower your stream is going to be.

With my internet it is a 1gig unlimited. So internet definitely isn’t the issue with my problem. I play Warzone and stream at the same time. Anytime I’m watching a stream and load into warzone shit freezes pretty much but I know 100% it’s not my internet.
Oct 18 2021 08:19pm
Quote (StealinHerHeart @ Oct 18 2021 06:40pm)

minimize the tabs in the browser to cut out bandwidth use? you seem ignorant to how some of this works to be honest. somethings require details to be sure of, we don't have those details (what games?), but others you should be able to think through before giving advice.

we don't know what games he's playing. lets say some games would run better having 8 dedicated cores. great, the game is running optimally with a 5800x. now add streaming. the game does not play exactly the same. so you can't just say 5800x is more than enough for your use-case.. what is his use case? what level of performance does he want? what kind of wiggle room is he looking for, does his future 3080 effect your decision at all?

This post was edited by purplex on Oct 18 2021 08:41pm
Oct 18 2021 08:28pm
Quote (InfernoPure22 @ Oct 18 2021 06:32pm)
Damnit I was very very very considering the 5900 but I went with the 5800x instead. I’m really hoping I made the right choice but I do have 30days to return it

well you probably did make the right choice unless you weren't totally aware of it's specifications. what I mean is you saw the price difference and it was enough to not buy the 5900 without consideration.. so you ordered what you thought would be a good enough improvement without spending more than you wanted, right? if so I mean the 5800x is a good buy for you, I didn't mean to downplay it as an option by me saying I'd get the 5900. I was just trying to make sure you knew what people say just so you can make your mind up with all the info. I would get it because the price difference seems small to me, not that I'd get it because it's needed to have good performance for streaming, they're both great for their price.
Oct 18 2021 10:18pm
Quote (purplex @ Oct 18 2021 09:19pm)
minimize the tabs in the browser to cut out bandwidth use? you seem ignorant to how some of this works to be honest. somethings require details to be sure of, we don't have those details (what games?), but others you should be able to think through before giving advice.

we don't know what games he's playing. lets say some games would run better having 8 dedicated cores. great, the game is running optimally with a 5800x. now add streaming. the game does not play exactly the same. so you can't just say 5800x is more than enough for your use-case.. what is his use case? what level of performance does he want? what kind of wiggle room is he looking for, does his future 3080 effect your decision at all?

I mainly run osrs and Warzone, occasionally run d2 but I also like streaming using obs.

Quote (purplex @ Oct 18 2021 09:28pm)
well you probably did make the right choice unless you weren't totally aware of it's specifications. what I mean is you saw the price difference and it was enough to not buy the 5900 without consideration.. so you ordered what you thought would be a good enough improvement without spending more than you wanted, right? if so I mean the 5800x is a good buy for you, I didn't mean to downplay it as an option by me saying I'd get the 5900. I was just trying to make sure you knew what people say just so you can make your mind up with all the info. I would get it because the price difference seems small to me, not that I'd get it because it's needed to have good performance for streaming, they're both great for their price.

Honestly I went to Best Buy and was talking to geek squad about my setup currently and talking about upgrading and asked them what’s their best opinion. 5/6 of them said the 5800x over the 5900x mainly just because of pricing and you really won’t see a huge notice in quality but I don’t know because I’m not a huge computer guru I just know basic stuff lmao. So I went with the 5800x because of that not because of the price difference.
Gold: 19,580.00
Oct 19 2021 06:56am
You are using NVENC as the encoder, right?
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll