d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > So I've Lost 30 Lbs Past 8 Months - Advices?
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,107.50
Aug 24 2021 01:30pm
I need to lose either fat, or more weight, idk

I'm 158lbs for 5"5 ( don't tell me i'm small cause I KNOW IT)

I've lost 30 lbs past 8 months and kind of struggling with stuck weight or lack of fat loss.

I've been doing those chris heria simple workouts to sweat at home (i'm not going to the gym and i'm not a runner, so i'm trying to find ways)

do you think i should take protein extras for extra gains or losing fat or what should i do?

kinda struggling with doing my daily workouts, either from lazyness or muscle pain / bone pain

lmk
Gold: 15.80
Aug 24 2021 06:35pm
I’m assuming you’re holding a lot of weight around the midsection?

Probably need to body re-comp rather then strictly losing weight.
Aug 24 2021 09:31pm
Quote (ChiefQueef @ Aug 25 2021 02:35am)
I’m assuming you’re holding a lot of weight around the midsection?

Probably need to body re-comp rather then strictly losing weight.

chest / belly yeah mostly
Gold: 15.80
Aug 24 2021 10:12pm
Quote (SoldierOfFortune @ Aug 24 2021 08:31pm)
chest / belly yeah mostly

more protein less carbs/fats. You say you don't weight lift? Id start the gym, just casually lifting will help tone and make you hold weight better
Aug 25 2021 10:23am
Quote (ChiefQueef @ Aug 25 2021 06:12am)
more protein less carbs/fats. You say you don't weight lift? Id start the gym, just casually lifting will help tone and make you hold weight better

ive got kettlebells and dumbbells
honestly i've subscribed to gyms but i never went, felt like shit everytime and too fat to be comfortable in there

9kg kettlebell
1/3/5 kg dumbells
Gold: 179.69
Aug 25 2021 07:39pm
how old r u? aggre with recomp, find maintenance caloric intake, optimize protein intake, tren hard. you're basically skinny fat. happens to people that think calorie deficit alone is going to give them the body they want.
Aug 26 2021 02:13am
Quote (TRD @ Aug 26 2021 03:39am)
how old r u? aggre with recomp, find maintenance caloric intake, optimize protein intake, tren hard. you're basically skinny fat. happens to people that think calorie deficit alone is going to give them the body they want.

i'm 28
i've been eating lots of vegetables/eggs/shrimps/fruits and chicken lately, i like red meat but i occasionally eat (like twice a week)

ive been training cardio (jump knees, butt kicks, planche, side planche, pushups and bicycle abs) for like 5 days now, been sweating a lot, feels good, but reps are meh, only doing 2 reps every day

am i doing okay ?
Retired Moderator
Gold: 4.79
Trader: Trusted
Aug 28 2021 06:08pm
To keep cutting you will need to stay in a caloric deficit. Strength training and enough protein are ideal to optimize body composition while the weight keeps going down. You can look up calculators to try to estimate your total daily energy expenditure and find a place to start. Since these algorithms cannot precisely estimate your activity levels, you might have to do some trial and error. If you're not monitoring calorie intake, then understanding food density and energy density is a good idea. You want to load up on foods that are volume dense for few calories (mostly whole foods) to feel fuller while still losing weight. Whatever dietary approach you choose will suit you better if you are able to maintain it. If your weight loss is currently stalled, it means you're probably around maintenance calories.

For the pain issues: enough protein (one gram per pound give or take), adequate rest and making sure your form is fine.

Also worth mentioning avoiding inactivity overall (i.e monitoring step count), staying active aside from workouts, walking, fidgeting are a huge part of your total daily energy expenditure (helps creating a deficit with little effort or impact)
Gold: 40.01
Aug 31 2021 01:44pm
Quote (Jaypee @ Aug 28 2021 07:08pm)
To keep cutting you will need to stay in a caloric deficit. Strength training and enough protein are ideal to optimize body composition while the weight keeps going down. You can look up calculators to try to estimate your total daily energy expenditure and find a place to start. Since these algorithms cannot precisely estimate your activity levels, you might have to do some trial and error. If you're not monitoring calorie intake, then understanding food density and energy density is a good idea. You want to load up on foods that are volume dense for few calories (mostly whole foods) to feel fuller while still losing weight. Whatever dietary approach you choose will suit you better if you are able to maintain it. If your weight loss is currently stalled, it means you're probably around maintenance calories.

For the pain issues: enough protein (one gram per pound give or take), adequate rest and making sure your form is fine.

Also worth mentioning avoiding inactivity overall (i.e monitoring step count), staying active aside from workouts, walking, fidgeting are a huge part of your total daily energy expenditure (helps creating a deficit with little effort or impact)

Counting your steps (in your head, every one) up to 12,000 will establish your NEAT, which will also leave your brain feeling neato frito.
Gold: 6,412.80
Sep 2 2021 03:21am
How bad do you want it and how often are you willing to work at it?

some activities that will help you lose a lot of weight if you put a serious effort into them other than running are:
1. Swimming - This will help with your muscle and bone pain and burn TONS of calories. Plus its swimming.
2. Jiu Jitsu (hell you can lose like 1-3 lbs per class but its mostly water weight) 3 classes a week 90 minutes you should lose 1lb a week just off that. From all that work though you will be hungry af, but I'll get to that later.

just like others have said working out will build the rest of you up while you lose the belly evening you out.
Since you have limited equipment and I'm assuming do not want to buy more and do not want to go to the gym I recommend p90x since you wont need much. You don't need all the video's either.
Honestly I would buy the p90x videos Ab RipperX (this is only 11 minutes long & works your entire core, this will burn that belly fat away along with your diet) plus its not about reps its about time, you get better the more you do it. Your going to suck at first. You get better really fast though
I would also buy the p90x Plyometrics dvd this is a really nice leg workout (no weights involved) and whatever there other leg workout dvd is. (same thing no reps, its time)
Last but not least buy their strength training dvd if you want a workout already designed for you, if not you got dumbells so, dumbell curls (biceps), behind head dumbell tricep extentions/dips (triceps), arnold press (biceps, triceps, & shoulders), dumbell benchpress/chest dips/wide pushups (chest)
Hell you could also do lunges, goblet squats, deadlifts, and rows with dumbells to, so design yourself a workout and stick to it.

Diet: This is the only way your going to lose the belly.
NUMBER 1 MOST IMPORTANT THING: Drink only water and NO ALCOHOL (need something with some taste have a smoothie, brazil/walnut milk, or real fruit juice (no concentrate, corn syrup, added sugar an all that garbage)
Don't worry about a protein shake, you'll get all you need from what you eat.
If you do want a ''protein shake'' take 1/2 avocado or banana, 1-2 cups of your choice berries, 3 tbl spoons of hemp seeds - I would drink this after a workout.
thats more or the same amount of calories than your average 2xscoops whey. It is less protein but its a complete plant protein and your body will use more of it. I drink these all the time I swap out for different berries, and
if losing weight is your goal then hell ditch the avocado or banana and add ice, there's an antioxidant rich alkaline protein shake for ya. (still alkaline with avocado)

anyway now that I got the protein nonsense out of the way on to INTERMITTENT FASTING

Intermittent fasting alone will make you lose tons of weight if you do it right. You go at least 16 hours between meals. (sleeping counts towards your 16 hours)
It's kinda like you wake up, go all day til you hit your 16 or more hours with no food, then if losing weight you would want to eat the amount of food or less to hit your needed caloric intake for the day. You do want to give yourself some time to digest before you go to sleep though.
Don't eat and go right to sleep. And if this sounds scary, don't worry. You'll be hungry throughout the day at first but over time your body gets adjusted to this and you wont be hungry all throughout the day. However i'll warn you now, you will begin to LIKE being hungry.
When you are hungry, you have more energy and your more alert & aware. This is the true for everyone. I get much more done when I'm hungry. (hungry though not starving)

Like I said don't worry about protein, I would worry about carbs though. You need carbs don't let people tell you that you don't or recommend keto or w/e f that. But not to many carbs.
I'm not recommending you a vegan diet but the more vegan you can eat the more weight you will lose obviously. You got to do vegan meals right though, working out + a labor intensive job and eating fruit all day isn't going to cut it.

Here's an idea of what to eat in a day after going your 16 hours when and why.

Personally if your working out or swimming or both I would do this at end of your day at least in the beginning so you aren't even hungrier throughout your day starting intermittent fasting.
You would want to have hit your 16 hours with no food by the end of your workout/intense swim/jiu jitsu class

have your ''protein shake'' aka avocado/banana berries & 3tblspoons hemp seeds as soon as your done, it will digest by the time you drive home and you will be searching for more food, then I would plan to eat 1-2 large meals (i also don't consider a shake/smoothie a meal)

could do something like: swordfish/tuna steak, baked asparagus & mushrooms, & spelt bread
or grilled chicken, tortilla wrap, with tons of veggies you like inside,
or grilled salmon, grilled mushroom,onion,bell pepper kabobs, baked potato

Eat any of these meals. Just the next meal you have if you ate a decent amount of carbs with the first one, ditch the carbs. Add more veggies.

and you can have as much as you want til you hit like 2000 calories. Make the biggest portion of your plate vegetables, then fish/poultry, then carbs, Just go easy on the carbs think of it this way, your average persons average 3 meals a day - eat 1-2 meal's worth of carbs during the combination of all of your meals. And eat good carbs. spelt/garbanzo bean bread, wild rice, fonio, chickpeas these are all alkaline foods that have been around for 1000's of years. Your bread you have from the store has 100 ingredients half of them you can probably make meth with, theirs a difference when you eat good carbs vs bad carbs. Normal rice, awesome for being a carb and energy but its all starch. Eat your rice dont worry to much but not all the time, lord knows I gota have me some curry shrimp/chicken & white rice, or stewed chicken/salmon and white rice at least twice a month lol. Potatoes same thing all starch. Not telling you not to eat potatoes, rice, or carrots, but they are all starch/starch & sugar. Go look up Dr. Sebi's food list, and try to fill your day with as much of that kind of food as you can. Alkaline vegan foods are the best, healthiest, and some of the lowest calorie foods you can possibly eat. Once again I'd like to point out I never told you to be a vegan either. Eat your fish its like all around the best ''meat'' Stay away from Dairy, especially cow milk, drink walnut/brazil nut milk - 1 cup nuts, 6-8 dates (remove pit), 3 cups water, blend, squeeze through nut milk bag best milk you ever had in your life, cow milk will be a joke to you. No alcohol or Soda. Stay away from red meat or only eat it on the days you actually put alot of effort into a workout/swim. If you swam that day, swim an extra 20 or 30 minutes. Work for that steak. Fish or poultry is much more lean than red meat & has a lot less calories & still tons of protein. Oh and vegan foods are usually highly anti inflammatory so the more vegan your diet, and the more swimming you do, the better your bones & joints will feel. Also you gota use them. Sitting around on your rear end all day makes things worse, you want to get up an going and move around a lot.

so to recap

drink only water NO SODA, NO ALCOHOL
intermittent fasting
Eat correctly - mainly vegan food + fish/poultry (no dairy, cow milk, or eggs) (better forms of carbs, less rice & potatoes more wild rice/spelt bread or tortilla/fonio)
workout or swim or jiu jitsu class every day you possibly can. If you work out 2-4 times a week, swim on your ''rest days'', don't do jiu jitsu more than 3 days a week you will use muscles you never thought you had and be sore in places you never thought you would be sore.
swimming will help you recover faster, swim everyday you don't workout or have class

the more you workout/swim/do martial arts or mma the better your body will feel, just doing that will raise your energy levels & testosterone. The hell with eggs, they aren't going to raise your testosterone or do any good.

Learning how to make your own bread is a plus as well, its super easy for alkaline bread too you don't even use yeast. Can make tortilla's, tortilla chips, muffins, flat bread, normal loaf of bread, you name it. Extremely healthy, plus you can add the herbs/spices you like to it.

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll